SHHH!!!! It's Quiet! Hi Haters. Smack! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SHHH!!!! It's Quiet! Hi Haters. Smack!

CRAZYDOLFAN305

We Are Still Going To The SB
Reaction score
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/10/05/3035280/miami-dolphins-receivers-show.html

With 752 combined yards, Bess and Hartline make up the league’s most productive wide receiving tandem through the season’s four weeks.??? What? I thought this was impossible.

At the season’s quarter mark, Hartline is on pace to shatter Mark Clayton’s team record for receiving yards in a season (1,389). Hartline can break the record by averaging 78 yards per game for the rest of the season. - The Great Mark Clayton, still think Hartline doesn't qualify as #1 receiver? by this logic, Wes wouldn't be considered a number one either.

Hartline Already has (6) +20 yard plays and (3) +40 yard plays. And with receivers who have atleast 25 receptions, he also leads the league in yards per catch at 18.2. I would die to be his agent right now.

Then there’s Davone Bess, who ranks in the top-five league-wide in third-down receiving yards (142) and third-down catches (nine).

Last edited by a moderator:
It was obvious teams are still trying to over cover Bess and forget about Hartline especially on the 80 yarder.As soon as they pay a little more attention to Brian.Bess will benefit even more.

It was obvious teams are still trying to over cover Besse and forget about Hartline especially on the 80 yarder.As soon as they pay a little more attention to Brian.Besse will benefit even more.

The 80 yarder I have no clue what they were doing he wasnt even covered

Amazing what a single fluke game in which we still lost can do to some people.

It amazes me that when the facts hit you dead smack in the face, your recourse is to call the greatest performance by any Dolphins in history is somehow a fluke. Was Oakland a fluke to ? Or how bout when he bombed Cromatie for what should have been the game winner if the damn kicker just made the kick.

So now out of 32 teams, a guy has a performance like he did, and automatically it's fluke. So why didn't the countless other receivers who has worn the Jersey not get a fluke performance like that? I guess the Fluke Gods' only like Hartline. LMAO.

So 752 combined yards after 4 games is a fluke. Do you know the odds of this been a fluke? Do you know what all that has to go right for this to happen. Like Parcells always said, luck is a great measurement for always being prepared.

The 80 yarder I have no clue what they were doing he wasnt even covered

The play I'm sure is designed to do that type of thing it it worked better than the Miami coaches expected.

Amazing what a single fluke game in which we still lost can do to some people.

I sure hope the other defenses we face think this way.Also if Brian didnt slip on the one play where the ball was picked off he could have nearly 300 yards.

It amazes me that when the facts hit you dead smack in the face, your recourse is to call the greatest performance by any Dolphins in history is somehow a fluke. Was Oakland a fluke to ? Or how bout when he bombed Cromatie for what should have been the game winner if the damn kicker just made the kick.

So now out of 32 teams, a guy has a performance like he did, and automatically it's fluke. So why didn't the countless other receivers who has worn the Jersey not get a fluke performance like that? I guess the Fluke Gods' only like Hartline. LMAO.

So 752 combined yards after 4 games is a fluke. Do you know the odds of this been a fluke? Do you know what all that has to go right for this to happen. Like Parcells always said, luck is a great measurement for always being prepared.

I wouldnt call that the greatest performance in dolphin history but i also wouldnt call it a fluke

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

The play I'm sure is designed to do that type of thing it it worked better than the Miami coaches expected.

I think someone just missed thier assignment

:brewskis: well said!!

Tannehill is not going to throw for 4000 yards, Brian Hartline is not going to catch for 1700 yards.

We're all a little hyped, but it's not realistic to assume that this high of a production is going to continue for the next 12 games

Yes. A fluke. That's exactly what it is when so many of those yards came from one game that Hartline luckily pulled out of his ass. And then when Hartline disappears again like he always does despite being targeted more than every other receiver in the league except one, we can stop the foolishness. Hartline is not a number 1 WR. He'll continue to put up solid numbers since he's targeted more than everyone else but 1 other guy, but he's not a number 1 WR, and will disappear against top corners again and again like he did against Revis and Jonathan Joseph.

Just SMH at anyone who thinks WR is all of a sudden not a huge need for us. :bobdole:

I was always more concerned about our secondary more than our WR core. As soon as we let VD go, I thought we were in more trouble than before. Now, I'm not so sure VD would have made it that much better, but at least he couldve kept it mediocre.

He's not a number one, I'll let the market prove me wrong on that one. If he gets paid more than 12 million a year on his next contract I'll eat crow.

Right on board with you...amazes me the level of pesimistic fans we still have lignering around. Get real...leading the entire NFL in receiving yards after a complete MONTH of pro football is not no damn fluke.

Yes. A fluke. That's exactly what it is when so many of those yards came from one game that Hartline luckily pulled out of his ass. And then when Hartline disappears again like he always does despite being targeted more than every other receiver in the league except one, we can stop the foolishness. Hartline is not a number 1 WR. He'll continue to put up solid numbers since he's targeted more than everyone else but 1 other guy, but he's not a number 1 WR, and will disappear against top corners again and again like he did against Revis and Jonathan Joseph.

Just SMH at anyone who thinks WR is all of a sudden not a huge need for us. :bobdole:

You do realize Hartline has only been #1 for just 4 games right. Was Peterson day dreaming out Tweet when he was covering him? And you do know when you are the number receiver you are suppose to be targeted allot Marshall was. The most targeted WR when he was here as well why do you think he had so many receptions despite so many drops. .Let send him to Belichick and Tom will show his how much of a receiver Hartline is. And I don't anyone is saying we don't need more and better recovers. I'm just point out the fact everyone said we had the worst receivers in the league and right now we have one of the top tandem in the league. Sometimes its not good to be so quick to judge.

Back
Top Bottom