Short yardage | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Short yardage

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think our short yardage strategy will be w Ajai gone? We've seen that Williams just can't get that 1 yard when we have to have it and I don't think Drake will move the pile either. What do you think we will run on the 3rd and 1 type situations?

What do you guys think our short yardage strategy will be w Ajai gone? We've seen that Williams just can't get that 1 yard when we have to have it and I don't think Drake will move the pile either. What do you think we will run on the 3rd and 1 type situations?
I will be excited when we have enough of an offense to get to 3 and 1. I got so used to 3 and 10 or 11 with Ajayi on the field.

im ashamed to say that I have no idea who are our running backs behind williams and drake on our depth chart. actually the dolphins are the ones who should be ashamed; if the dolphins werent a joke I would take the time to know such things.

IMO, an effective short yardage strategy should have been put in place when Philbin was fired by replacing all of Philbin's o-linemen with guys who can actually block and dominate, and not get manhandled by physical d-lines. Unfortunately, there were no true upgrades made; not one of the current linemen can be described as physically dominating. This will continue to be a problem until they get their head out of their butts and build a REAL o-line!

We have always sucked on short yardage needs, Ajayi helped but our line gets dominated so often we must get creative. With Tanny out lets just say we better not get into those 3rd and short situations...Cue lots o punts.

We seem to like throwing the ball on 3rd and short anyway.

I remember bitching about not having Ajayi in on third downs the last few games.

So more of the same I guess.....

Dude I have no idea....

We seem to like throwing the ball on 3rd and short anyway.

I remember bitching about not having Ajayi in on third downs the last few games.

So more of the same I guess.....
You're right. Lots of shotgun / empty backfield. Not a good look.

Back
Top Bottom