Should camp be closed to the public? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should camp be closed to the public?

Trackstar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
For the first time in 6 years I have not attended minicamp this offseason(by accident). Would it be such a bad idea to close camp to the public? Think about it. Thousands of fans breathing down your neck ooooing and awwing and sometimes booing over a catch or a interception. You know it has to disrupt their concentration, and yes I know it is loud as hell in the stadium, and the players must prepare for that factor right? Wrong. This is a time for learning and studying the fundamentals of football, it is pretty difficult to learn and concentrate when thousands of fans are studying your every move(not to mention the a$$holes who yell crude things at them). The pressure is outstanding on these players these days and I am afraid it gets the best of them sometimes. I do agree these players get paid millions to play a game and as a fan it is our right to be able to see our team practice. But these players are still human. Other teams make their fans pay to get into camp, is it such a bad Idea?

Mini-camps are mostly for just getting your mechanics and the VERY little pieces of the game functioning again. The studying and learning of the plays is secondary at this point. The repitition helps with the recognition of them... but these practices are not very important. They are not done at full speed, they don't wear pads, there is no contact.

TRAINING CAMP is where timing, and everything else starts to come together. And, if I remember right they close training camp to the public very early on.

It would not hurt my feelings if it were closed. Make a lot of this negativity moot..

Trackstar#6 said:
For the first time in 6 years I have not attended minicamp this offseason(by accident). Would it be such a bad idea to close camp to the public? Think about it. Thousands of fans breathing down your neck ooooing and awwing and sometimes booing over a catch or a interception. You know it has to disrupt their concentration, and yes I know it is loud as hell in the stadium, and the players must prepare for that factor right? Wrong. This is a time for learning and studying the fundamentals of football, it is pretty difficult to learn and concentrate when thousands of fans are studying your every move(not to mention the a$$holes who yell crude things at them). The pressure is outstanding on these players these days and I am afraid it gets the best of them sometimes. I do agree these players get paid millions to play a game and as a fan it is our right to be able to see our team practice. But these players are still human. Other teams make their fans pay to get into camp, is it such a bad Idea?

It's a perfect time to see who can take the pressure, and trust me it's not that much pressure.

But my MAIN reason for saying NO to this is because I would then have to find another excuse to miss work. :evil:

The most important parts of camps are closed anyway.

Yes they should be closed to the public............that way nobody can't create some BS controversy over a single pass or a dropped ball, or a lucky catch........etc! People take things way out of proportion when it comes to mini-camps. Having them closed to the public woul alleviate some of the BS people create surrounding our team.

You play football in front of crowds. If you can't practice because there are some other people there, then you are going to have a lot of problems when you play on gameday in front of 75,000 people. I don't think there is any reason to not allow the general public to come to camp.

I say "NO"...there is no reason for the fans not ablr to get peek at the new players that teams add each year. Also, I would F'ing nutz if I had to wait till pre season to see some kind of action.

Back
Top Bottom