Should Dolphins pursue David Harris or Eric Decker? Update: Both are signed, off market | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Dolphins pursue David Harris or Eric Decker? Update: Both are signed, off market

Xbrett82us

Starter
Reaction score
WR clearly isn't a position of need, but it would be nice to have a player like Decker on our squad. Similarly, we could use David Harris alongside Timmons and Kiko.

Didn't watch much Harris last season though, not sure if he was released for performance reasons or because they are simply tanking.

No thank you. Both solid players and good additions to somebody's roster ... but neither makes sense for our roster.

If we had not added Timmons, then we could surely work in Harris--who IMHO is a better player--but with our current commitments, it would be nothing more than a luxury pickup for a roster that doesn't ha e the money.

I've always liked Decker, even back to his collegiate days. But we have made a lot of investments into a young WR corps, and I cannot see another big price tag receiver being brought into that room. Unless they intend to convert him to a TE (totally joking), he is not coming here.

Decker- no

Harris- I think he's probably lost a step, in the mold of timmons, but bringing him aboard would boost our depth by a lot, but I agree with digital here

I would go after Jeremy Maclin before Decker because at least he could return punts. Neither would be willing to sign with with Miami to be a 4th receiver. Both should be able to find better opportunities and more money elsewhere.

As for Harris, on the surface he would be worth a look, but I'm really tired of adding old stop gaps with one or two years left in the tank at best. I would rather wait to see if younger options present themsleves in AUgust.

If Miami was going for a WR I rather it be Maclin. One so he wouldn't go to buffalo and two because I think he's better than decker.

Harris yes. I mean is he better than Koa Misi...YES.

Harris probably went out the window with the Timmons signing and raekwon draft pick

Not enough game snaps to go around

The minute after Misi comes up hobbled and if Harris is still out there.

Decker isn't needed. Hopefully he goes to the NFC. Harris would be a possibility but it depends on his asking price.

I don't know what it is about this website that makes people so against looking into free agents at areas of need. Some of you could see a proven player at nickle, LB, O-line, DT, FS and the lot of you would let them be scavengered by other teams. The Patriots have shown that success comes through smart drafting and smart free agent pick ups. They even tryout players who may seem "troubled," yet we dont even sniff those guys. Sometimes that is a huge mistake, sometimes it is a smart thing, but not always.

I don't know what it is about this website that makes people so against looking into free agents at areas of need. Some of you could see a proven player at nickle, LB, O-line, DT, FS and the lot of you would let them be scavengered by other teams. The Patriots have shown that success comes through smart drafting and smart free agent pick ups. They even tryout players who may seem "troubled," yet we dont even sniff those guys. Sometimes that is a huge mistake, sometimes it is a smart thing, but not always.

wtf are you talking about

Back
Top Bottom