Should I go to the game or watch at a Sports Bar? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should I go to the game or watch at a Sports Bar?

abNORMal

Active Roster
Reaction score
I will be in Coral Gables this Sunday for a job related training that lasts from 1 pm until 5:30 pm (actually, I will be there from October-24 until October-30). I have never seen the Fins play a home game, the training is mandatory and there is no way I can skip out early to catch the entire game. If I leave right at 5:30, (I have no idea how I could even get to the stadium, but if I do find a way, I probably couldn't get there before mid third quarter at best.

Is it worth it, or should I just find a sports bar in Coral gables and enjoy the rest of the game this Sunday? Also, if you guys know of a good sports bar in Coral Gables let me know...

never ben to a sports bar in miami, but I can tell u that the stadium is the place to be. Im from Milwaukee,wi and I went to the preseason game against the panthers and it was all that

I hear ya' I would love to go to the game, and that is my first choice, but the stadium is a little ways away from the hotel and I probably wouldn't get there til mid 3rd maybe early 4th quarter

I say better to go to half a game then sit in a bar and watch it. Can't beat the stadium atmosphere.

I wouldn't try to go to the game if I were you. You'll miss most of it. It will take at least 20 min to get to the stadium and that's with light traffic. Then you have to park which will not be close because the game is going to be packed. Then you have to buy a ticket and get to your seat. I figure you'd be sitting in your seat at 6:45 - 7:00pm. Remember, this is considering you know exactly where you are going too. Now if the game goes into OT then that's a different story.

Now Coral Gables isn't known for their sports bars. There is a new one called the Sports Exchange, which is on 45 Miracle Mile. Haven't been, but may be a good choice because of it's location. Good luck!

I wouldn't try to go to the game if I were you. You'll miss most of it. It will take at least 20 min to get to the stadium and that's with light traffic. Then you have to park which will not be close because the game is going to be packed. Then you have to buy a ticket and get to your seat. I figure you'd be sitting in your seat at 6:45 - 7:00pm. Remember, this is considering you know exactly where you are going too. Now if the game goes into OT then that's a different story.

Now Coral Gables isn't known for their sports bars. There is a new one called the Sports Exchange, which is on 45 Miracle Mile. Haven't been, but may be a good choice because of it's location. Good luck!

That's what I was afraid of...:boohoo:

I did google "sports bars coral gables" and the Sports Exchange came up, looks like a cool place. I think I will give it a shot. Although, a part of me would be happy just to walk in to the stadium, and see 5 minutes of the game, because I don't know when I will get the opportunity again.

I drive from Gainesville Fla to see the 3-4 games I get to see a year. By all means if you are down there, go see one if you have never been able to go.

Last year's Play Off game was my first game in Miami after being a fan since 1972.

I can't believe you're having trouble deciding.

You go to the game. And have a great time!!!!

I will be in Coral Gables this Sunday for a job related training that lasts from 1 pm until 5:30 pm (actually, I will be there from October-24 until October-30). I have never seen the Fins play a home game, the training is mandatory and there is no way I can skip out early to catch the entire game. If I leave right at 5:30, (I have no idea how I could even get to the stadium, but if I do find a way, I probably couldn't get there before mid third quarter at best.

Is it worth it, or should I just find a sports bar in Coral gables and enjoy the rest of the game this Sunday? Also, if you guys know of a good sports bar in Coral Gables let me know...

Whereever you could drink the most!! I have a feeling it might get ugly. :oops:

id go man even we lose its nice walking out with thousands of people who feel the same way you do.
If its a win there is nothing better than walking out of the stadium after a win

dude.....you wont make it in time. from coral gables you are at least 45 minutes (with traffic) to the stadium, by the time you park in a cash lot and get to your seats it will be 7 pm. relax and go to a bar, if you could get out of training early (like 4), maybe.

I would skip early and go for the game. I am being offerred tickets to the Texans game in Houston and I am not planning to go just so that I can peacefully watch Phins.

Watching the game live in the stadium is the only way to do it........

Go to the game! Grab a few brews. Yell your damn head off for the Dolphins. Paint your face aqua and orange and wear a crazy hat or something. Act a fool. Why not? It's a great way to blow off stress. We need all the loud fans we can get to help us beat the 5-0 Saints this Sunday. :hi5: :woot:

Back
Top Bottom