Should the Miami Dolphins have fired Tony Sparano? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should the Miami Dolphins have fired Tony Sparano?

Should we have fired the coach who decided not to throw a hail mary as time expired because he was afraid it would be run back for a touchdown?

Hmm, let me think about that for a second. One. Done.

Yep. Glad he was fired.

Tony's a nice guy, but he made too many poor decisions during the games and his loyalty toward Dallas players has not helped the Dolphins. He needed to be fired. No looking back.

We should have retained Tony so that we could have a 'fair' QB competition again.

Fins could acquire Tom Brady in the off season and he still wouldn't shake up the current depth chart.

The question should not be, should the Miami Dolphins have fired Tony Sparano but what is the plan after you fire Tony Sparao? Sparano was fired with 3 weeks left in the season and here we are 2 weeks after the season ended and it looks from the outside that their plan was to throw everything at the biggest name out there with no back up plan if the big name said no.....

To me the coaching search scares the hell out of me..... I get the feeling we will end up with the guy who can't get a HC job elsewhere and doesnt want to wait another yr, it seems like no one wants to coach here or play here and if that's the case it reflects poorly on the ownership and how he runs his team.

Hopefully we will get lucky and the guy turns out to be the next great HC......

No coach, employed by another team, could be interviewed until the season ended so it was not as if we fired Tony and the next day could have had assistant coaches lined up outside the door waiting to be interviewed.

After another losing season came to a crashing end last year, Sparano should have been canned. Instead, he was given an extension and a vote of confidence, but it was generally understood that he was coaching for his job in 2012. Sparano responds by starting out the season 0-7. Not only should Sparano have been fired this season, they should have shot his fist-pumping butt out of a cannon and back to NY.

He fired him a year too late. Maybe after they screw up this coaching search and pay a sucky coach 30million dollars they will wonder if its a good idea to then fire Ireland a year or 2 too late as well...

Business 101: when garnering increasing shares of a depreciating market - bail. Losses from "SporanoCo" sealed that deal.

Never should have hired him in the first place....

Agreed. As for the myth & reality of Parcells as franchise architect, I agree. He was at one time but was with the patsies and jest.

I knew Bill would leave after 3 or 4 seasons after putting a decent foundation in place. Though, Cam & Randy Mueller should get some credit for getting rid of alot of overpriced, underachieving vets. Sadly, they did too well.

Tuna should have kept Cameron IMO. Cam at least had a clue of what a 21st century NFL offense is.

I am very leary of OL coaches that go right to HC. A Vikings fan I know wanted Sparano if Frazier got fired. Really, I said? Sparano makes Mike Tice look brilliant & charismatic

Back
Top Bottom