SI.com: Why Ronnie Is Draft's Best RB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI.com: Why Ronnie Is Draft's Best RB

Buffalo Sucks

Ronnie: Find Jake. Follow Jake.
Reaction score
Great article.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/jeffri_chadiha/03/01/ronnie.brown/1.html

Re: his Combine performance...

"I'm a fan of any kid who doesn't fear competition, or the possibility that he might fail. When a guy with nothing to prove still wants to show what he can do, he's the person you want carrying the ball on fourth-and-1."

and

"When the season ended, the only question about Brown was whether he would be drafted before Williams, who also is touted as a top-10 pick. Now it looks like a dead issue. Brown has the edge on the shiftier Williams in several areas. He's bigger, faster and stronger, and he's also a more polished weapon in the passing game. Give him points for selflessness and humility, too. Like Williams, he handcuffed his ego to help Auburn enjoy an undefeated season and an SEC championship."

Worth the read.

Just saw a paper up here in the Great White North that said Ronnie Brown is our most likely choice. Had the Bears picking a RB too. No link.:tongue:

i was all for Benson . but u know what im starting to shift to Brown better than Benson

Welcome to the dark side..
SN1P3R said:
i was all for Benson . but u know what im starting to shift to Brown better than Benson

Buffalo Sucks said:
Lotta folks jumping off the ol' Cadillac bandwagon

Not me, Caddy is the most gifted RB in this draft. Ronnie Brown is just being blown up because of his size. When it all comes down, people will see who the real talent is. Its the guy who makes LB's miss, and that aint Ronnie Brown. You people want to believe everyone in the media, go ahead, have a good time with it, cus the media ussually find themselves looking stupid.

Ronnie Brown is the real deal...can do it all and no question about his background (unlike Benson). Cadillac has the flashy name but he doesn't have the motor in his trunk that Ronnie Brown has. :wink:

Buffalo Sucks said:
Lotta folks jumping off the ol' Cadillac bandwagon

A lot of people were never on it. I like Caddy, I just dont think he is worth a top 5 pick

great article btw

Brown has grown a lot on me......I was all for Benson and still would love him, but either of the 2 would be great......but honestly if WIlliams comes back I think Smith or Braylon is our guy IMO

Yeah, strictly from watching Auburn football (which I've done a bit of) I'd say Caddy is the better RB.

But maybe Ronnie just wasn't getting the right opportunities.

Anyways, it's interesting the scouts are now so sure Ronnie is the Man - I could never really see it.

Ive been on the Brown bandwagon since the end of the year. Originally tho i was hoping wed trade down 5 spots or so and pick him....so much for that thought(atleast it appears)

Back
Top Bottom