Sign Rolando McClain? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Rolando McClain?

How old is Dansby? I mean, MLB is one of the few positions we have set at the moment (I am not saying he is deserving all the money he gets from the Dolphins, but he is one of our best player, even if one thinks he is overpaid), I wouldn't think too much about McClain

I say sign him, a change of scenery and good coaching could change a lot of things. Especially here in Miami, a team that was predicted to be ther worst and they have been pretty good with limited playmakers. That is good coaching, sign that guy asap and if he turns out to be a dud, he is still better than pat white.

Philbin has no patience for distractions, ie Chad Johnson, the recent release of Amaya after his arrest. I doubt you will see McCain here. If the Pats don't grab him, Baltimore will and IMO those teams both have the structure and leadership in place to give him the best chance to succeed.

He would be worth having his tires kicked. A change of scenery may do him a world of good. The Raiders is not the ideal place for player development.

As much as i like the kid, more i learn about him, i get a feeling we should probably pass on the guy. Hopefully he stays out of the afc east.

He could be the speed we need at the LB position. He looked good to me when we played the Raiders a while back.

Unless he became faster while in Oakland, McClain was known for having very average speed. I'd even say he was kind of slow, although he was gifted in every other physical category.

I would be all in for giving him a shot. He has all the tools but needs to get his mind right. Would be great if he can come in and replace Dansby who is way too over paid!

rolandomcclain_resize_616-1.jpg

Miami is the LAST place for this kid to get things turned around. He would be arrested every other week. He needs a location like New England or Green Bay. WAY away from where he came from and in city where he can only get into but so much trouble.

The kid is a disaster between the ears. You never heard a peep out of McClain when he had Saban to keep him on the straight and narrow. He became a leader and represented the University well. He was just never able to function outside of that environment once he knew he was no longer held accountable for the decisions he makes.

I know the kid personally and the complete mess that he comes from in regards to his family. He was always a thug in high school until he managed to make it on campus in Tuscaloosa. I watched the police take the bracelet off his ankle every Friday night so he could play football for Decatur. He played his entire senior year of high school on house arrest, which most people don't know.

Everybody really figured he had matured from his time at Alabama, but it turns out he just didn't. Everytime he comes back to Decatur he goes straight to those thugs he hung around in high school and gun fire soon follows. If he was smart, he'd stay the hell out of Decatur all together. He'll get killed one of these days if he don't.

I figured Oakland was as good a place as any for him to end up because it was so far away from where he tends to get into trouble. He can't resist it though.

I think the Raiders could have traded him for something.. anything. Even if it's for 50 cents on the dollar, rather than cut him and get nothing. The fact that they're willing to do that says it all. Either they're crazy or he is.... I'll side with the latter.

He could've been as good as he wanted to be. He just doesn't want it. Football is not a priority to him and he'll soon be out of chances. One day he'll look back and realize what a mistake he made.... if he lives long enough.

This is the perfect example of why "we" posters here at our keyboards do not "know" every reason why particular GM's decide to pass on a guy who is seemingly a "no brainer" to we the fans. Inside information like this, I would presume, is readily available to most competent GM's if they have done their do diligence.

With that said after reading Slimms post.........I would not touch this guy even if I was a CFL coach.

Back
Top Bottom