Signing Gaffney | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Signing Gaffney

rizer

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I am guessing by the time that has gone by, and no news the Dolphins have decided not to at this point. Wonder what next option is. Tannehill will need help at WR this year.

Meh, I wouldn't rule it out yet.

It's not like anyone else is going to be beating down his door.
I don't know that ANYONE has a worse WR corps (That's the correct spelling, by the way. c-o-r-p-s)
in the NFL than we do.

They could just be waiting until after week 1 to sign him. If he's healthy there's no reason not to sign him.

I am guessing that they are playing poker and waiting until tuesday of next week to sign him so they do not need to guarentee the contract.

I just don't know how you throw your first round rookie QB with that receiver corps. Wonder how long before he loses his patience with them.

Veterans signed before the 1st game of the season have their contracts guaranteed. Makes sense that vets who've been released and mentioned here ie. Gaffney, Cooley, etc. won't be picked up by any team until next week

Thems the breaks.

I wonder if he is hurt. I still like Burress, but it will never happen.

Plan: Hmm, go with what he currently have on the roster!

I think the fact that "nobody" has signed Burress is very telling especially for a team like "seattle"

Probably. However, when I see us bog down four or five times in the preseason in the red area and the damage Burress did last year with the Jets down in close he is a fit. Never will happen, but I digress

Burress must really be a prick. WR's with some bad reputations have been given chances yet nobody will try him. The Jets had him last year and they could use a WR like us and they won't sign him. Holmes quit last year no problem but they don't want Burress. Plaxico must really be a piece of **** in the locker room even TO has been give. A shot.

There were some decent WRs on the market as free agents, eg Robert Meacham, Pierre Garcon, Mario Manningham, Lloyd but Ireland didn't appear interested so we figured that we must be looking at drafting someone good. But then we waited until the 6th round to draft BJ Cunningham who subsequently got cut. I hope that the guys we have can rise to the occasion but there has been no visible plan to upgrade after trading Brandon Marshall.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am guessing by the time that has gone by, and no news the Dolphins have decided not to at this point. Wonder what next option is. Tannehill will need help at WR this year.

I'm not bashing you, so I hope you don't take it this way. A lot of people say things like this as if it only comes down to did Miami want a player or not. They don't take into account that maybe the team was interested but the player wasn't or that maybe both sides were interested but couldn't agree on the players value. It doesn't always simply come down to if the player isn't signed the team didn't want him.

Back
Top Bottom