Silers performance | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Silers performance

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Anyone see Siler play in the Champ. game? Apparently from other forums he tore it up or something. Anyone have any info on it?

Btw. this always confuses me, if miami wants quinn, do we trade UP or down? loll we trade up right?

Anyone see Siler play in the Champ. game? Apparently from other forums he tore it up or something. Anyone have any info on it?

Btw. this always confuses me, if miami wants quinn, do we trade UP or down? loll we trade up right?

we trade up. Siler did very well in the championship game but he did have an amazing and underrated team around him as well.

we trade up. Siler did very well in the championship game but he did have an amazing and underrated team around him as well.

wahts his strenghts? speed? intelligence? etc etc

wahts his strenghts? speed? intelligence? etc etc

It's def. not speed, but he plays faster than he is timed. His strengths would be his strength, he's one nasty dude, when he hits you, you'll feel it all week long. Liability in coverage, wouldn't be able to make the switch to OLB in NFL, must stay at ILB to have a chance. He has pretty good size at around 6-1 or 2 and around 230-240 lbs. He needs to work on his timed speed at the combine because if not don't expect anything under a 4.75 at best.

what did CC run? anyone know? cuz i konw its a game but whoever that ran a 4.7 in the LB core last year is all above 86 spd and acc but from what i know CC ran a 4.7 himself and is a 79. Meaning in madden, not comaprign it to a game just askin if he DID runa 4.7 and if for example carpenter ran a faster time then the 4.7 im aware of.

Siler is 6'2, 240 lbs. Hes a fantastic tackler, has a great nose for where plays develop, and doesnt do too poor a job at coverage, but by no means is it his strength. He's tremendous at run stopping, though.

He'll be there at the bottom of the 2nd round. Hes a bit limited by his physical tools but he really could be a starter right out of the draft. He'll be a decent pro but nothing to write home about... atleast, going by his physical attributes. He seems to be a great leader, though.

Miami has no need for another first day ILB though, so they'd be wiser to go after his more physically gifted teammate, Earl Everett. He's faster but a rawer prospect.. but he'll be there for Miamis 3rd/4th round pick. Lawrence Timmons is someone that could EASILY step into a dolphins uniform and make us completely forget Derek Spragan

I'll say this.. siler will surprise some people with his speed at the combine/pro day. I'd say he runs a high 4.6

siler is an ILB

watch DET snag Quinn...and surprise everyone :wink:

siler is an ILB

So was Crowder and look how he turned out. I see Siler going in the second round. If he's available I think Miami should draft him unless there is a top notch LT available.

It's def. not speed, but he plays faster than he is timed. His strengths would be his strength, he's one nasty dude, when he hits you, you'll feel it all week long. Liability in coverage, wouldn't be able to make the switch to OLB in NFL, must stay at ILB to have a chance. He has pretty good size at around 6-1 or 2 and around 230-240 lbs. He needs to work on his timed speed at the combine because if not don't expect anything under a 4.75 at best.

Just from what I have read, I think you are way off on his 40 time. Speed is considered one of Siler's strengths. I expect him to clock around 4.6 at the combine. I also never remember him being a "liability" in coverage. It certainly wasn't one of his strengths, but not one of his weaknesses either IMO.

Just from what I have read, I think you are way off on his 40 time. Speed is considered one of Siler's strengths. I expect him to clock around 4.6 at the combine. I also never remember him being a "liability" in coverage. It certainly wasn't one of his strengths, but not one of his weaknesses either IMO.
Same here. I've never seen pass coverage as a weakness.

Siler is the best MLB/ILB in recent memory from UF. Better than Crowder.
He reminds me of a more talented Zach Thomas with how smart he is, and how well he attacks the LoS. He's going to be a home run for someone as a MLB or ILB. I don't think he quite right for 3-4 OLB, but who knows.

So was Crowder and look how he turned out. I see Siler going in the second round. If he's available I think Miami should draft him unless there is a top notch LT available.
That would be a good idea. Although, if we draft Quinn in the first, I would rather take a LT in the second.

Siler is 6'2, 240 lbs. Hes a fantastic tackler, has a great nose for where plays develop, and doesnt do too poor a job at coverage, but by no means is it his strength. He's tremendous at run stopping, though.

He'll be there at the bottom of the 2nd round. Hes a bit limited by his physical tools but he really could be a starter right out of the draft. He'll be a decent pro but nothing to write home about... atleast, going by his physical attributes. He seems to be a great leader, though.

Miami has no need for another first day ILB though, so they'd be wiser to go after his more physically gifted teammate, Earl Everett. He's faster but a rawer prospect.. but he'll be there for Miamis 3rd/4th round pick. Lawrence Timmons is someone that could EASILY step into a dolphins uniform and make us completely forget Derek Spragan

I'll say this.. siler will surprise some people with his speed at the combine/pro day. I'd say he runs a high 4.6

Like I said earlier he plays much faster than he times, he can/will run in the 4.6 range if he works on it before the combine. It's all about technique when it comes to that. My reason for saying he's a liability in coverage comes from the assumption that people want him to move to OLB as a dolphin because we already have an ILB...actually 2 with Crowder. If he sticks with ILB he'll be fine but won't be able to keep up at OLB coverage in the NFL IMO.

Back
Top Bottom