Simms and Nantz Commentating | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Simms and Nantz Commentating

Brown42000

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Why are CBS top game commentators doing a game between a 1-4 and 2-3 team, I like the fact that we get some good commentators and one that is a fan of Harrington. But doesn't anyone else think that it is a little wierd for them to get this game?

I heard Marino got short with Simms over his TD record and Simms took a jab at Marino with the "Favre will have an easy time breaking" type comment.

BigScuingili said:
I heard Marino got short with Simms over his TD record and Simms took a jab at Marino with the "Favre will have an easy time breaking" type comment.
He said something like that but what does that have to do with them being the commentators?

These things are decided months ago. Why do you think it is a national start time of 4:15? When the schedule came out this was going to be The first place Dolphins against an up and coming NYJ team. The network thought they were going to get Shock and Awe not "Suck and Blow"

DirkDiggler said:
These things are decided months ago. Why do you think it is a national start time of 4:15? When the schedule came out this was going to be The first place Dolphins against an up and coming NYJ team. The network thought they were going to get Shock and Awe not "Suck and Blow"
No, I'm pretty sure all the commentators get their assignments a week ahead of time which is why we got stuck with sucky commentators in 2004 and part of last year.

I'm disappointed, I was starting to get attached to Steve Tasker. :goof:

Seriously, it's likely we got the top crew because of the rivalry factor and the other CBS games are nothing to write home about.

DirkDiggler said:
:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol: funny but true

Brown42000 said:
No, I'm pretty sure all the commentators get their assignments a week ahead of time which is why we got stuck with sucky commentators in 2004 and part of last year.

yeah, but I think it's more like 2 weeks in advance.

fleaflicker said:
I'm disappointed, I was starting to get attached to Steve Tasker. :goof:

Seriously, it's likely we got the top crew because of the rivalry factor and the other CBS games are nothing to write home about.

I will take Ian Eagle anyday.....He is great

CirclingWagons said:
I used to put it on mute and tune into Mandich when I watched those games

:yes: Mandich was one of the best radio commentators IMO.:dolphins:

Stefins said:
I will take Ian Eagle anyday.....He is great
IMO Eagle is a Jet Homer, which makes me not stand him. I don't mind him when he calls Nets game though.

Dierdorf and Enberg where the best CBS team IMO, up untill this year now their with other partners.
But to answer your question, i'm assuming it was scheduled already or the rivarly alone was enough flair.

It's my understanding that CBS picks the first 8/9 weeks at the beginning of the season, then for the second half the annoucners are chosen on a bi-weekly basis.

i don't care...i am just glad i will be able to watch the game on tv instead of internet or after-the-fact

BE GOOD said:
Dierdorf and Enberg where the best CBS team IMO, up untill this year now their with other partners.
But to answer your question, i'm assuming it was scheduled already or the rivarly alone was enough flair.

It's my understanding that CBS picks the first 8/9 weeks at the beginning of the season, then for the second half the annoucners are chosen on a bi-weekly basis.
I liked Dierdorf when he first came into the league....but then everyone he talked about was a "class act"...and often being wrong. Enberg still does a great job

Back
Top Bottom