Simple Request Today | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Simple Request Today

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
Clyde Gates, if you get a kickoff anywhere within the end zone, can you just take a knee please?

My standards for success have dropped...so this is where I am at.

Can we also just put a little grass stain on Tebows uniform today? On second thought, it is his day of honor...D-Line, could you keep him nice and clean today please. The one good thing I get out of watching the Dolphins these days is that when they lose... There is no feeling of being crushed and pissed for days after...When does this nightmare end

I have to say I'm disappointed that all that speed is going to waste....was hoping he was going to get behind the defence and make some plays but so far he has not. Not calling him a bust yet as he's only played 5 games. Just wondering if he'll become a playmaker at some point or is he another project on a long list of projects that have failed for us.

Ozzy rules!!

I have to say I'm disappointed that all that speed is going to waste....was hoping he was going to get behind the defence and make some plays but so far he has not. Not calling him a bust yet as he's only played 5 games. Just wondering if he'll become a playmaker at some point or is he another project on a long list of projects that have failed for us.

Ozzy rules!!

I think we all have to take this season's performances and throw it out the window.

The fact that our coach is on death row, the season is lost so players tend to quit a little bit...... it skews the results.

I think we all have to take this season's performances and throw it out the window.

The fact that our coach is on death row, the season is lost so players tend to quit a little bit...... it skews the results.
itt really has been a sad year for our team.

Ozzy rules!!

I have no idea why so many returners in the league are returning kicks from deep in the end zone when 1) the rules have changed to disallow wedges, and 2) the kicking team is five yards closer.

Taking a knee and getting to the 20 should be done MORE, not less.

Really if kicking teams were smart and returning teams were doing what they should (taking more knees in the end zone), kicking teams would try to make kickoffs land at the goal line so that the returner couldn't down the ball.

Then they'd be facing a returning team without a wedge, five yards closer to the returner.

As it is, though, the returning teams are making life easy for them. Just kick it into the back of the end zone -- they'll return it anyway.

I swear I've seen more returners tackled inside the 15 this year than I've ever seen in my life.

Really it makes me wonder about the intelligence level of the average NFL special teams coach.

I have no idea why so many returners in the league are returning kicks from deep in the end zone when 1) the rules have changed to disallow wedges, and 2) the kicking team is five yards closer.

Really if kicking teams were smart and returning teams were doing what they should (taking more knees in the end zone), kicking teams would try to make kickoffs land at the goal line so that the returner couldn't down the ball.

Then they'd be facing a returning team without a wedge, five yards closer to the returner.

As it is, though, the returning teams are making life easy for them. Just kick it into the back of the end zone -- they'll return it anyway.

I swear I've seen more returners tackled inside the 15 this year than I've ever seen in my life.

Really it makes me wonder about the intelligence level of the average NFL special teams coach.

Gates is not a returner. He cannot run it out and does not seem to know it. He does not seem to know when it is a good time to bring it out of a bad one. What is more amazing is that none of our coaches seem to be coaching him.

The simple fact is that Gates falls from a touch (returners do not really break tackles, they AVOID them) and when he brings it from even the goalline he barely makes the 20 yard line.

This is part of the same reasons we are still trying to pass the ball, we are doing anything to make a "big play". Even with the higher risk of a minus play.

My wish is that our Rip Van DEs & LBs Winkles inflict such punishment on Teblow that he fears leaving the safety of the pocket.

Kicking teams also can't run up to the ball anymore so that has seemed to limit the momentum and that is why you see alot of decent returns this season in spite of the rule changes.

That being said, Gates needs to kneel on the ball and start the offense on the 20. He has been dreadful as a kick returner. 22 yards a return when most of his kickoffs start 5 yards in the endzone.

gates problem is he's timid on returns...looks like he doesn't want to get hit...you got to be fearless back there and you see daylight you burst thru it...gates should be returning punts over davon bess unless the punt would land close to our endzone where you prefer a sure handed bess back there...bess returning punts anywhere else given his snail speed is USELESS

Gates is not a returner. He cannot run it out and does not seem to know it. He does not seem to know when it is a good time to bring it out of a bad one. What is more amazing is that none of our coaches seem to be coaching him.

The simple fact is that Gates falls from a touch (returners do not really break tackles, they AVOID them) and when he brings it from even the goalline he barely makes the 20 yard line.

This is part of the same reasons we are still trying to pass the ball, we are doing anything to make a "big play". Even with the higher risk of a minus play.

agreed...

I would also point out that he may have a slightly higher rate of success if he were to at least hit one of the sidelines instead of going up the middle EVERY time.

Back
Top Bottom