Simply unreal

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SR 7, Jan 6, 2013.

1. SR 7

SR 7 A True Fan

HOW MANY PLAYS Lucks playmakers make for him.

Just unreal.

It is utterly disgusting how people defend Ireland. JUSt LOOK AT THIS FRANCHISE GO FROM 2 WINS TO EXPLOSIVE AND CHALLENGING RVAENS AND MIAMI IN 5 YEARS IS STILL BORING PATHETIC AND AVERAGE.

I don't know how anyone can defend Ireland without stating facts such as:

1) He did NOT want Tannehill so dont put that on him
    2) He was about to pay $9 mill a year to ORTON until Ross stepped in
    3) He traded our best CB adn WR and surprised why we have the lkes of Carroll, McCann, Armstrong, NaNaee running in and out of Miami.
    4) He did not FIELD any exciting, good, fun, or contending team in 5 years.
    5) He has nOT fixed our O line issuse after investing our entire ORGANIZATION in that 1 area. If you think he hasn't, think again. #1 pick, #16 pick, #4x (Martin), FA Incognito, FA Grove, FA Carey, 4th rd Jerry, FA Hicks, etc etc.
    6) He trades up for slow pathetic Runnign Backs but trades BACK when explosive ones like Mathews is on board.
    7) He thought the WR Gap btw the 3rd round and earlier was so big that they did not warrant that high of a pick but yet 1 month later he wanted TY Hilton included Part of the Davis trade. He STILL thought HIlton was garbage and wanted him part of Davis? REALLLY?? The guy is a machine yet we wanted him as if he was a 6-7th round pick thrown into a deal. How dumb is this baboon? On top of that if he was so good that you want him 1 month later WTF did he do that you found him not worth it jus 1 month ago?

2. Pitbull13

Pitbull13 Pitbull13

Awesome another Ireland thread! :up:

3. jason37

jason37 Drivin' the Yeremiah Bell Bandwagon

How do you really feel?

4. SR 7

SR 7 A True Fan

I can't say because I'll get an infraction ;)

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Sorry, for some of us fans that have been around for nearly 20 years its a bit frustrating so venting never ends until happy days are seen.

5. 2413fanphins

2413fanphins A True Fan

Ive really been waiting for an anti ireland thread.... havent come across any this year.

OP brought up a lot of good points, that up to this point, i havent seen anybody hit on......

6. SR 7

SR 7 A True Fan

if the guy thought he was stil worth a late round pick that he wanted thrown into the deal what do you think that says about his mind set still? It is still the same ****, he has no idea how to evaluate that area in football, known as playmakers.

How many linemen have we drafted or signed in FA? Now compare that list to WR or CBs.

On top of that, does anyone remember day 1 of the draft people were yelling how we added no speed so day 2 he took Gates and he came out and said people wanted speed and we feel we addressed that today.

He added 1 guy to his 53 man roster with speed and he said its been addressed. Outside of that alone, he did it with a 4rd round baboon with no skill sets and he thought problem was solved.

How do people have faith in him?

Where did you guys get your aqua and orange glasses from because I want to order some. It would have saved me 20 years of sickness with this team. Denial for the WIN send me some of those glasses.

7. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

:bobdole:

Why do you make the same thread over and over again about the same subject.

8. ROADRUNNER

ROADRUNNER FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

9. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

Another day, another "Ireland sucks cuz a player on another team made a good play" thread.

10. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

gotta love watching Reggie Wayne make those receptions for the colts instead of us but hey we got Richard Marshall and a bunch of scrap heap wr's instead lol

11. z926538

z926538 Rookie

You won't see these threads stop until we are in the Super Bowl. Frankly, they shouldn't stop until we are in the Super Bowl.

12. CalDolFan10x14

Good thing we have these mods then!

13. flynryan15

flynryan15 A True Fan Donator

8) Jeff Ireland stimulates local advertising economy with his name towed on a banner behind a airplane.

9) Jeff Ireland builds community outings by creating protest at team headquarters.

10) Jeff Ireland helped Ms. Bryant reform her life when he brought her whorish ways to public light.

14. fishbanger

fishbanger Phin fan since 1970!

I will just say that when Ireland first got here, he wanted to draft Anquan Bolden WR in the second round and recommended that to Parcells who thought differently. e should have been a dolphin from the start.

15. JCane

JCane Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

Amazing that the Colts went out and hired the GM that I wanted a couple of years ago...

And then that GM went out and drafted three players that I screamed about last season and then went on to a 9 win improvement.

From 2 wins to 11 wins...without a superstar at left tackle lol.

Crazy stuff.

16. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Ireland was here in 2003 ? That was Speilman that supposedly wanted Boldin, but i know getting bad gms mixed up

17. J Tes

J Tes next generation

What? Ireland was in the league long before Ireland got to Miami

18. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Don't get me wrong...the OP makes some very valid and deservedly passionate points and is entitled to vent. However most of these points part and parcel or together have been reiterated and regurgitated ad nauseum. At some point in the near future it might be a good idea for our Admins to step in to start a forever-merging "Jeff Ireland. Soapbox Pro & Con Master Thread" to allow continued venting or defending even though it has all been said or covered before.

19. flynryan15

Ireland Could have traded a 3rd and 4th for Boldin instead of 2 seconds for Marshall though?!?!

20. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Actually that was what I argued when we traded for Marshall.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Well once our owner awakes from his nap and fires him that will change

21. flynryan15

I know I remember I was arguing the same thing

Now where are all the Finheaven GMs that said Boldin was to old and not worth the a third and fifth round picks in 2010? That's Anquon Boldin instead of John Jerry and Nolan Carroll signed for half the price of Brandon Marshall!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
  22. CalDolFan10x14

Too bad Reggie Wayne and Andrew Luck can't play defense for the Colts. Man that D is awful....over 420 yards given up to a 17th ranked offense.

23. finjim

finjim A True Fan

Luck would have done nothing here, he has many more weapons there, and still looks pretty average today.

Meh.

24. JCane

:lol:

25. ChrisJNelson

ChrisJNelson Phins-Spotlight.com

You lost me at Ryan Mathews.

26. madmic21

madmic21 A True Fan

Last place schedule, Reggie Wayne=Ronnie Brown Wildcat. Colts look like 2008 Fins. Without Rice's fumbles this is a huge route like 2008. Not all entirely true but you get my drift.

27. finjim

finjim A True Fan

288 yds, no TD, 1 int, 1 fumble.

28. 3rdandinches

3rdandinches Seasoned Veteran

I thought the OP had a thread about him not caring anymore and he was done with this team! What happened to that?

29. bmacnasty20

bmacnasty20 Member

Hes not goin anywhere this year get over it

30. tcdrover

tcdrover Pro Bowler

It's like the people who constantly whine about Ireland don't really watch the games, they only look at the box scores.

If you watched the games you would know that were were just a few plays away from a winning season. All of the games were close except for two of them.

These are the same people who really just want to buy Superbowl Dolphin Tshirts and superbowl memorabilia.

31. flynryan15

Come on look at all the dropped passes, the int was tipped by the Wr, look how many times luck was hurried pressured and sacked? You can't honestly have missed all that? You of all people would have been on here pointing all that out if Tannehill was in the same place.

32. WVDolphan

WVDolphan A True Fan

YES! For the love of christ.

Then when we start dominating next season I only have to bump one thread to clown all of these Ireland haters instead of sifting through 2,341 threads to find the biggest fools like OP here.

33. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

yea because a gm that totally forgets about cb and wr will set us up to dominate. Who knows what happens next season but people hating a gm that has been here for 5 years and 4 losing seasons is not some weird emotion lol

34. dolfan19

dolfan19 Starter

I'm just glad we didn't have to see a "Look at how awesome Vontae Davis looked in a Colts Uniform" thread. lol

35. madmic21

madmic21 A True Fan

How would we ever forget...

36. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Just saying that should be the number one topic on a team that has 4 straight losing seasons and the only constant is jeff Ireland.
    I mean its fine to say we have too many negative threads but 4 losing seasons do that to u. Losing season is not a good season but i guess some fans have become acclimated to it.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

dont worry some board members are quite nervous that Matt Ryan may win a playoff game and are waiting to put their see Ryan is not a winner thread or nervous that Griffin might win a playoff game

37. JCane

Played against one of the top defenses on the road, no running game to rely on, no protection from his offensive line...guy had a pretty good day considering he's had to carry that team this season as a rookie.

Average lol. Some of you only know how to read box scores and post fantasy stats.

38. WVDolphan

WVDolphan A True Fan

Andrew Luck was the best player on the field today. Thats pretty impressive when on the opposite side were two HOF defenders and one of them I consider to be the best safety in the history of the game. The other makes a damn strong argument for greatest LB of all time.

39. z926538

z926538 Rookie

The Titans game was close? The second New England game was close? Did we watch the same team this season?

40. flynryan15

Luck Sucks he scored me no fantasy points today!

41. The Tannehills Have Eyes

The Tannehills Have Eyes A True Fan

Not even close Boldin says hi and FU

42. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

Indy is already out of the playoffs so...

43. JCane

Baltinore was a very poor matchup for Indianapolis. I was surprised at how close the Colts were able to keep it in the first half.

Like you said, Baltimore -6.5 was the best bet of the entire playoffs and I loaded up. I would have bet that at -10.5 as well. For a rookie QB to only turn the football over twice on the road against a smothering defense was pretty predictable. Luck ran for his life today. Probably should save turned it over about 5 times in all reality.

44. WVDolphan

WVDolphan A True Fan

I didnt say who played the best game. I said best player on the field.

45. AdamC13

AdamC13 Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

I guess the only way to justify Tannehill's poor play is to try and build up the weapons around Luck. What a joke! Reality is Miami had the better weapons around Tannehill than the Colts had around Luck.

Colts skill players:

Reggie Wayne - 34 years old. Still good, but no where near the player he was 5-6 years ago. Took 194 targets (most in Wayne's career) to put up his numbers. Only caught 54.63% of passes thrown to him and had 6.95 ypa. Hartline caught 57.8% of passes thrown to him and had 8.46 ypa.
    Donnie Avery - Didn't play in 2010. Played in 8 games last year making 3 catches on 11 times targeted. For his career QBs complete less than 50% of passes thrown to him.
    T.Y. Hilton - ROOKIE
    Dwayne Allen - ROOKIE
    Coby Fleener - ROOKIE
    LaVon Brazil - ROOKIE
    Vick Ballare - ROOKIE

That is the talent Luck had around him this year. Five of the seven players targeted 20+ times were ROOKIES. One veteran WR who is 34 years old and another that only had 3 catches over the last "two years" and catches less than 50% of the balls thrown to him over his career. The Colts are the third team of his 4 year career for a reason.

Yet, Luck was able to take a team that was 2-14 and go 11-5. Any idea how many routes were run wrong, mis-communication, etc...Luck had to deal with playing with 5 rookies at skill positions?

The FACT is the Colts have the better QB than Miami. The argument that he had the superior weapons is just plain B.S...you wouldn't find a QB or coach in the league that would have taken the Colts weapons over Miami's this year. Tannehill may set an all-time low for QB rating if he played for the Colts this year and the Colts would most likely be in line for the #1 pick in the draft for the second year in a row.

46. jlfin

jlfin old pro

From the sound of some of these posts you would think the Colts were 'Air Coryell'. They put up 9. That's pretty good.......IN BASEBALL.
    BTW, the Colts won 2 games last yr because they had some clown named Curtis Painter who had no business playing in the NFL. In fact, it was coaching and FO malfeasance that permitted this joke to play the entire season.
    That Colts team was in the playoffs several yrs running prior to last season, so the team wasn't as bad as people make them out to be.

47. JCane

If you want to see average, take a look at RGIII right now. Very very average player when you keep him from running.

48. flynryan15

Yeah that happens when you have a jacked up knee on your plant foot. Kid will not push into his throws I guarantee after Washington is eliminated this kid has some sort of surgery.

that last play says it all that knee is done!

49. JCane

Right. But we all understand how the league makes the proper adjustments to a running QB. We're getting a glimpse into the future when teams figure out how to keep Griffin in the pocket even when he's healthy. Then what...well, you have an average RGIII.

Luck on the other hand, look at how well he plays with little protection and rookie weapons. He has mobility and can do what he needs to do in te pocket to make plays downfield. What happens when their weapons figure it all out and you give him time to make bigger plays downfield.

50. flynryan15

Until the knee got tweaked Washington was steam rolling the Seahawks. It's not a accurate comparison because right now RGIII can't even step into his throws. That said I will take Luck all day every day over any of the rookie QBs, but if Luck had a issue with his plant knee he would be limited just the same.