SI's Peter King Dissects Miami Dolphins Last 10 Years | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI's Peter King Dissects Miami Dolphins Last 10 Years

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
In the immortal words of Vince Lombardi (sort of), "What the hell's going on down there?!"In Miami, I mean.In the last 10 years this franchise has been the most luckless, clueless, hapless club. To wit:Head coaches (seven): Dave Wannstedt, Jim Bates, Nick Saban, Cam Cameron, Tony Sparano, Todd Bowles and now Joe Philbin.Starting quarterbacks, minimum four starts (13): Jay Fiedler, Ray Lucas, Brian Griese, A.J. Feeley, Gus Frerotte, Daunte Culpepper, Joey Harrington, Cleo Lemon(!), Trent Green, John Beck, Chad Pennington, Chad Henne and now, evidently, Matt Moore. Unless they sign Alex Smith this morning, and if so, Smith would be in line to be the 14th starting quarterback in the last 11 seasons.Offensive coordinators (seven): Norv Turner, Chris Foerster, Scott Linehan, Mike Mularkey, Dan Henning, Brian Daboll and now Mike Sherman.Defensive coordinators (six): Jim Bates, Richard Smith, Dom Capers, Paul Pasqualoni, Mike Nolan and now Kevin Coyle.Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/03/19/signings/index.html#ixzz1pfu1HLtP

I normally dislike King's articles but he hit it right on the head. There have been so many head-scratchers and out-of-the-blue choices the past decade that, as fans, we have just become completely apathetic to it all. Actually it is quite humorous and has become the butt of most of my jokes.

Jerry Seinfeld sums it perfectly.
JerrySeinfeld-1.gif

Wow, Peter King not liking the Phins??? I am totally shocked by this article. Of course if it is not the New England Patriots, Peter King hates it. I don't even listen/read SI anymore because of this slurper. Didn't we win the AFC East like 3 or 4 years ago??? It hasn't been as bad as he makes things out to be.

the truth hurts. what can ya say? we have sucked for a long time and it looks like we will continue to suck even longer.

What if Bob Craft actually owns the Fins & Ross is just a puppet following orders? Makes sense does it not? We have been a farm team for the Pats for a decade ...they get our best and we get churned every other season.

It's a mess and when so many people from players to talking heads says so then it's time to listen. Of course the complaints are coming out of the big mouths! Do you expect the calm respectful guys to say so? The point is that it is not just one or two people who share the belief that MIA has a dysfunctional front office.... even Manning alluded to front office stability. IMO,we are close to the point where reading about a murder suicide involving Ross and Ireland is all that could make this go away.

Peter King forgot to mention Pat White. Not that the significant sample size of failure needed another bit of data.

We'll see what these guys do in the draft. Hopefully they haphazardly stumble on a Qb. It's bound to happen sooner or later. A string of negative adjectives would not do Ireland justice at this moment, however Philbin and Sherman do seem capable. There is a definite power vacuum right now in the organization, publicly that is, and it's a perfect time for Philbin for take it.

As much as I don't care for Peter King too much since he loves to hate us and loves to love certain other teams, he does usually give us credit when things go right. He's right though, it's been a bad ten years. Good news is that as bad as it has been, we've stayed pretty competitive (outside of 2007) and with a few FO and player changes could be fine in just a couple years

Back
Top Bottom