Slimm's 2014 Seniors | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2014 Seniors

Anthony Steen / OG / Alabama

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 303

8458078-1.jpeg

Unquestionably the most unheralded player on a Bama offensive line full of NFL talent the past 2 seasons. He's been the starter at RG for the last 2 national championships, and has a shot to go 3-for-3. A little shorter and a little less talented than a prototypical top offensive lineman, but plays with outstanding technique and toughness... leadership. Understands blocking angles and how to get position and fold block anybody that's been in front of him. If scouts doubt his ability, all they have to do is watch where Alabama ran in the second half of the SEC Championship game against Georgia over and over again. I think he'll play in the NFL, and make a good fit for the increasing number of systems that utilize zone blocking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gabe Jackson / OG / Mississippi St.

Height: 6'4"
Weight: 320

DDFHVPMVXWQEEFR20101209200948_crop_exact-1.jpg

Will be a 3 year starter at LG for the Bulldogs entering his Senior season, and has consistently been one of the best in the conference at his position. Fires off the ball extremely well and can maul opponents.

Brandon Linder / OG / Miami

Height: 6'5"
Weight: 312

QADVSKCRNGNJWAO20121103201055-1.jpg

I talked about this kid a lot in my underclassman thread for the 2013 draft in anticipation that he may come out early heading into his Junior season.

Every time I see a big run by one of Miami's backs, I can always go back and find at least one impact block by #65 that sprung it.... sometimes I can find more than one impact block by Linder on the same play. Excellent move player that can zero in and make accurate landmark hits on moving targets. Plays with stout fundamentals ins all aspects of run blocking and pass protection. Uses good hand placement, plays with outstanding leverage, and a sound base. Underrated player.

Slimm, hypothetical:

M. Lee, D. Moncrief, and J. Matthews are all available for Miami at 12 this year. If you had to pick one of the three for Miami at 12, who ya got?

Slimm, hypothetical:

M. Lee, D. Moncrief, and J. Matthews are all available for Miami at 12 this year. If you had to pick one of the three for Miami at 12, who ya got?

Moncrief.... which should tell you how highly I think of him because I believe Marqise Lee is in the Torry Holt category as a prospect.

David Fluellen / RB / Toledo

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 215

apballsttoledofootball4_3_r536_c534-1.jpg

Fluellen ran for almost 1,500 yards and 13 TD's in only 11 games in 2012 during his first season as the starting running back. He's never averaged below 5 YPC throughout his career, even during limited action as a sophomore and freshman. Had 3 games in which he surpassed the 200 yard rushing mark against MAC competition. Best back the Rockets have had in the backfield since Jalen Parmele. Fluellen is a little better prospect. Pretty decent receiver out of the backfield.

Zurlon Tipton / RB / Central Michigan

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 220

AR121109941jpgMaxW620MaxH320-1.jpg

Another big, physical, MAC runningback that rushed for nearly 1,500 yards and 19 TD's. Another big season should have him as mid-round prospect. Reminds me a little bit of another former MAC running back James Starks when he came out of Buffalo in 2010.

Branden Oliver / RB / Buffalo

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 202

AR120929958jpgmaxW602maxH602AlignVtopQ80-1.jpg

Another MAC running back that is familiar with carrying the load. Reminds me a lot of Bobby Rainey (W. Kentucky). Only played in 8 games in 2012 as he battled injuries all season. Rushed for almost 1,400 yards and 13 TD's as a sophomore in 2011. Squatty, powerful little back with a low center of gravity and the strength to break arm tackles. Doesn't provide defenders much of a target to tackle. His 12 career 100 yard rushing games has already tied him for 2nd in school history the formerly mentioned James Starks. Oliver will stand alone in this category at some point during his upcoming Senior season.

He's a Miami kid that was a 3-star RB recruit coming out of high school and ended up in the MAC. Had offers from a few Sun-Belt schools in the state of Florida.

He really impressed me watching him take on a defense full of NFL prospects when he carried the ball 30 times against Georgia for over 100 yards and a touchdown in the season opener.

Dri Archer / RB-WR-KR / Kent St.

Height: 5'7"
Weight: 175

12087143mmmain-1.jpg

That's right, yet another MAC running back. Except this one is an undersized, explosive playmaker whose versatility will be his ticket to an NFL roster. Rushed for 1,429 yards and 16 TD's as a Junior... essentially averaged 9 yards per carry. Added another 561 yards and 4 TD's receiving, while leading the Golden Flashes in receptions with 39. Averaged over 34 yards per kick return with 3 returned for touchdowns.

The most explosive offensive weapon in the MAC. Ironically, he's also likely to have the most disparity in regards to his draft stock by the time everyone starts looking at him leading up to the 2014 draft due to his size, and the fact that he'll be a luxury pick. However, there's no doubt that he's going to be the player with the most "highlight" videos in the MAC conference.

Keith Wenning / QB / Ball St.

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 220

bildeSiteC7Date20121215CategorySPORTS20A-1.jpg

Wenning was a 3-star pro style quarterback recruit that was overlooked by the Big-10, came in and started as a true freshman for Ball St. Intelligent and accurate signal caller that will be a 4 year starter when he enters the 2014 draft. Wenning and Jahwan Edwards give Ball St. the most balanced offensive attack in the MAC. He's a kid that gets better every year. Underrated quarterback.

Alex Amidon / WR / Boston College

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 186

hires6538636_crop_exactjpgw650h440q75-1.jpg

Broke out last season as a Junior and set school records for receptions (78) and receiving yards (1,210) while tacking on 7 TD's. Word is he's a film junkie and one of the hardest working kids on BC's roster. Lit up several ACC opponents that featured so NFL talent in the secondary... including Miami, Clemson, and Georgia Tech. Hauled in 25 passes, for 460 yards, and 3 TD's in those 3 games alone. Pay attention to where they line him up against the opposition's top secondary talent. This kid can play.

Sterling Griffin / WR / South Florida

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 195

134451689_extra_large_medium-1.jpg

Very talented receiver that has had his career derailed by injuries. Injured his knee last year in the second game of the year against Nevada and was lost for the season. This is the third major injury Griffin has suffered in the past three years. He missed the entire 2010 season after dislocating his ankle in offseason workouts, and missed four games in 2011 with a broken foot. I believe he's one of the best receivers in the country when he's healthy.

Quarterbacks:

1. David Fales - San Jose St.

2. Derek Carr - Fresno St.

3. Zach Mettenberger - LSU

4. Aaron Murray - Georgia

5. Tajh Boyd - Clemson

6. A.J. McCarron - Alabama

7. Stephen Morris - Miami

8. Jimmy Garappolo - Eastern Illinois

9. Jeff Mathews - Cornell

10. Keith Wenning - Ball St.