Slimm's 2015 Quarterbacks (Seniors) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2015 Quarterbacks (Seniors)

In my opinion, Rakeem Cato continues to be dreadfully underrated.

I have watched him play quite a few times. He could definitely be a serviceable NFL QB. IMHO, he is better than the garbage that is being touted as top picks like Winston, Mariota, and Hundley.

I think Cato could be a bit better than Leftwich was coming out of Marshall. Not as good as Pennington, but not bad either. He is a good QB.

I watched Bryce Petty again today and I just do not understand all of the hype. He honestly reminds me of Tannehill a bit.

You really have to be careful about hyping up college QBs with big passing stats. There are just too many college games where teams with big offenses, especially some of the spread offenses, go against teams with absolutely no ability on defense. When guys are wide open by 10 yards, it is tough to know if a QB is legit or not. You have to see these guys in games where defenses are putting pressure on them and they are required to make throws with anticipation and hit tight windows, because that is what it takes to play QB in the NFL.

I just do not see how Petty can play QB in the NFL. When he faced some legitimate defense today he was throwing misfires all over the place and making poor decisions while getting hurried a lot.

Petty has slow feet. RT is ten times the athlete. Not comparable.

Connor Cook looks like the real deal.

I will keep beating the drums for Clint Trickett. Not a round one guy, but I see smart reads and accuracy all over the field.

Petty has slow feet. RT is ten times the athlete. Not comparable.

Connor Cook looks like the real deal.

I will keep beating the drums for Clint Trickett. Not a round one guy, but I see smart reads and accuracy all over the field.

Listen Hayden. I like Trickett. There is a lot to like about that young man. He is tough as nails. He is a good college player. But, use common sense. He literally weighs about 150lbs and has some medical issue that prevents him from putting any real weight on.

None of the qbs this year look great tbh.

Winston is a good qb no doubt, but he's struggled more this year than I thought he would've. I'd still love his talent on this team.

None of the seniors look better than Tannehill does right now. Sad really, Miami more than likely needs a qb.

None of the qbs this year look great tbh.

Winston is a good qb no doubt, but he's struggled more this year than I thought he would've. I'd still love his talent on this team.

None of the seniors look better than Tannehill does right now. Sad really, Miami more than likely needs a qb.

Shane Carden does. His accuracy, poise, and ability to read coverages and anticipate throws are all advanced for the next level. He's just limited in terms of arm strength. Reminds me a lot of Andy Dalton.

The rest of the Senior class are backups and spot starters in the NFL.

Shane Carden does. His accuracy, poise, and ability to read coverages and anticipate throws are all advanced for the next level. He's just limited in terms of arm strength. Reminds me a lot of Andy Dalton.

Very good comp for Carden. He reminded me of Pennington but I like the Dalton comp as well. I think he ends up a 2nd round steal for someone

I'll have to watch him closely the rest of the year.

ndy Dalton is a good qb, I want great in Miami. Winston is great.

1. Winston…has "it"
2. Cook…starting to really, really, really like him
3. Mariota…systems guy that fumbles all the time. Will get hurt running.

Hundley….just does not have it. I turned the page. Nice kid, but meh.

Clint Trickett…small, but I love this kid and nobody is talking about him.

1. Winston…has "it"
2. Cook…starting to really, really, really like him
3. Mariota…systems guy that fumbles all the time. Will get hurt running.

Hundley….just does not have it. I turned the page. Nice kid, but meh.

Clint Trickett…small, but I love this kid and nobody is talking about him.

#2. Question his field vision, decision making, instincts and overall feel for the position. I don't like his lower body mechanics. I also don't think he understands defenses very well at all, I don't like his pocket movement and he really struggles under pressure and vs the blitz. 3rd Round prospect. Why wasn't he a team captain?

#2. Question his field vision, decision making, instincts and overall feel for the position. I don't like his lower body mechanics. I also don't think he understands defenses very well at all, I don't like his pocket movement and he really struggles under pressure and vs the blitz. 3rd Round prospect. Why wasn't he a team captain?

I love his vision and decision making. Slides around well while keeping his vision down field.

No way he goes in the 3rd. He is a 1st rounder easy.

The team captain thing I cannot give you an answer, but I think he is doing a great job leading his team right now so I could care why he did not get enough votes.

In watching some film his throwing motion has a bit of chicken wing to it. That might be fixable, and add a little velocity. Good field vision for sure.

Back
Top Bottom