Slimm's 2015 Runningbacks (Seniors) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2015 Runningbacks (Seniors)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
1. Karlos Williams / Florida St. / 6'1", 223

ncf_g_fsuncst1_mb_300x200-1.jpg

Former 5-Star recruit made the switch from safety to RB last year. Was the most talented back on FSU's roster in my view, despite still learning the position. Extremely natural with the ball in his hands. Explosive and runs with devastating natural power and initiates contact with defenders. Will run away from defenses with great speed. Gains the edge with ease on outside runs. Averaged a little over 8 yards per carry and scored 11 touchdowns. Averaged a TD every 8 carries.. which was best in the country. Williams is primed to break out in 2014. Has the most upside of any running back in college football right now outside of Derrick Henry, and is a threat to make a potential run at back-to-back Heisman Trophies for Florida St. He has that type of ability to unleash.

2. Ameer Abdullah / Nebraska / 5'9", 195

1406680688000USPNCAAFootballSouthernMiss-1.jpg

Another hometown kid that I watched several times when he was in high school in Birmingham. Grew up a huge Auburn fan and still is. However, Auburn and the rest of the SEC wanted him as a DB. Cornhuskers were able to land him by giving him the opportunity to play RB. Beat out more highly recruited backs at Nebraska because of work ethic and attitude. Comes from a tremendous and hard working family. He's the youngest of 9 siblings. Has a sister that played volleyball at Alabama A&M, and brother Muhammed that played football at Alabama St. Nebraska coaches create post-practice drills specifically designed not to tax Abdullah’s legs, because they know he won’t leave the field until he’s among the last to finish working. Best offensive player for Nebraska is also their hardest worker. Nobody in the program denies either account. Volunteered to play CB as a freshman in 2011. Excels as a kick returner, punt returner, catching passes out of the backfield, and running between the tackles. One of the 2 or 3 best All-Purpose backs in the country. He'll be the safest pick among RB's in the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
3. Michael Dyer / Louisville / 5'9", 215

NCF_FIU_Louisville_3kh_600-1.jpg

Former 5-Star recruit came in and rushed for over 1,000 yards as a true freshman in the SEC for Auburn. Broke Bo Jackson's freshman record in the process. Helped lead Auburn to an undefeated season and national title as a true freshman, where he took over the game in the second half and dominated Oregon on the ground... won MVP of the BCS National Title Game. This was all just as a freshman. Rushed for over 1,200 yards and 10 TD's as a sophomore for Auburn. That's when things started to come unraveled for Dyer. Was suspended from the team for a violation of team rules.... transferred to Arkansas St. where he ran into trouble with the law while having to sit out a year. Then transferred to Arkansas Baptist where he didn't play football, but earned an Associates Degree in an effort to show that he's learned his lesson and not a bad kid. Transferred to Louisville where he rushed for over 5 yards per carry last year in limited action. Still looks just as good as he did as a freshman. Legs looked fresh. Dynamic bowling ball of a back with powerful legs and extremely difficult to tackle. Has breakaway speed. Dyer is as talented as any back in the country as long as off field troubles remain in his past. #3 Senior back on my board heading into the 2014 season.

4. Corey Grant / Auburn / 5'11", 205

imagesqtbnANd9GcShwopNCfa35b5pDA1hS0XfBJ-1.jpg

Originally committed to Alabama where he redshirted as a freshman in 2010 behind Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, and Eddie Lacy. Transferred to Auburn to be closer to home (Opelika) and to get on the field. Explosive All-Purpose back is a threat to score every time he touches the ball. Averaged nearly 10 yards per carry last year as the spell back to Tre Mason. He'll share carries once again in 2014 with another talented Auburn back in Cameron Artis-Payne. Grant has blazing speed along with a toughness that I like to see in RB's.

5. David Cobb / Minnesota / 5'11", 225

6. Cameron Artis-Payne / Auburn / 5'11", 215

7. Jeremy Langford / Michigan St. / 6'0", 206

8. Alonzo Harris / UL-Lafayette / 6'1", 216

9. Zach Zenner / South Dakota St. / 6'0", 220

10. Dominique Brown / Louisville / 6'2", 216

11. Terron Ward / Oregon St. / 5'7", 202

12. Zach Laskey / Georgia Tech / 6'1", 214

13. Kenny Hilliard / LSU / 6'0", 233

14. Paul James / Rutgers / 6'0", 210

15. Marcus Murphy / Missouri / 5'9", 195

16. Jahwan Edwards / Ball St. / 5'10", 225

17. Josh Snead / Duke / 5'9", 190

18. Malcolm Brown / Texas / 6'0", 225

19. Desmond Roland / Oklahoma St. / 6'2", 210

20. Terrence Magee / LSU / 5'9", 214

21. Bronson Hill / Eastern Michigan / 5'10", 208

22. Tony Pierson / Kansas / 5'10", 175

23. Cam McDaniel / Notre Dame / 5'10", 207

24. Kevin Parks / Virginia / 5'8", 205

25. Akeem Hunt / Purdue / 5'9", 184

26. Isaac Bennett / Pittsburgh / 5'11", 205

27. Joe Bergeron / Texas A&M-Commerce / 6'1", 230

28. Paul Lasike / BYU / 6'0", 227

29. Marlin Lane / Tennessee / 5'11", 210

30. Crusoe Gongbay / New Mexico / 6'0", 205

31. Breon Allen / East Carolina / 5'8", 190

32. Bill Belton / Penn St. / 5'10", 205

33. Centarius Donald / UL-Monroe / 6'1", 221

34. Akeem Daniels / N. Illinois / 5'7", 190

35. Deontae Cooper / Washington / 6'0", 201

36. Dee Hart / Colorado St. / 5'9", 190

37. Raheem Mostert / Purdue / 5'11", 190

38. Prince Tyson-Gulley / Syracuse / 5'8", 193

39. Khalek Shepherd / Virginia / 5'8", 185

40. Terrence Franks / Texas St. / 5'10", 214

Fullbacks

1. Mark Weisman / Iowa / 6'0", 236

2. Trayion Durham / Kent St. / 6'1", 248

3. Jalston Fowler / Alabama / 6'1", 250

4. Zach Zwinak / Penn St. / 6'1", 240

5. Cameron Stingily / Northern Illinois / 6'1", 244

6. Rod Smith / Ohio St. / 6'2", 232

7. Joey Iosefa / Hawaii / 6'0", 245

Just for info purposes:

Michael Dyer did start spring practice yesterday here at U of L after dealing with sports hernia surgery during the end of last season and the beginning of this off-season.

In last night's Spring Game, Dyer had 150 yards on 14 carries with 3 TDs. I'd say he's fully healed from his hernia surgery.

Yeah wasn't really concerned about the sports hernia. He was going to be ready by fall anyway.

not to mention some of the avatars and titles :rolleyes:

I can't wait to see Williams and Winston next year, that will be very hard to stop. Williams is going to be a monster!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Hey Slimm, you need to take Brendan Bigelow off your list. He declared early for this year's draft & went undrafted.

Bigelow went undrafted because he doesn't have a true position. Played RB first 2 years before switching to WR last year. No idea what prompted him to declare early, but it was obviously not a good decision. When I don't even know you declare, you probably didn't make a good decision. So be it... I'll take him off.

Since I've made these threads in early spring, a few things have changed. Tony Pierson has been move to WR at Kansas, much like Bigelow was at Cal. Gongbay has been kicked off the team at New Mexico. I'll let these things play out and see what happens.

Slimm- I have a friend who played at Auburn and FSU. He said Karlos Williams is the freakiest athlete he's seen.

Bigelow went undrafted because he doesn't have a true position. Played RB first 2 years before switching to WR last year. No idea what prompted him to declare early, but it was obviously not a good decision. When I don't even know you declare, you probably didn't make a good decision. So be it... I'll take him off.

I don't follow Cal as close as I used to when Jeff Tedford was there but it definitely had something to do with Sonny Dykes & the new coaching staff. Richard Rodgers, Brendan Bigelow, Khiari Fortt, Viliami Moala, Chris McCain, & Kameron Jackson all bolted early for the NFL & none of them should have although Rodgers was drafted a couple rounds higher than projected.

Back
Top Bottom