Slimm's 2017 Cornerbacks (Underclassman) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2017 Cornerbacks (Underclassman)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
1. Marshon Lattimore / Ohio St. / 6'0", 193 ** (#6 overall)

2. Quincy Wilson / Florida / 6'1", 211 (#37 overall)

3. Sydney Jones / Washington / 6'0", 186 (#39 overall)

SQESYTNKIZXANAP.20140917180554.jpg

4. Marlon Humphrey / Alabama / 6'0", 197** (#52 overall)

5. Teez Tabor / Florida / 6'0", 199 (#69 overall)

6. Adoree' Jackson / USC / 5'10", 186 (#85 overall)

7. Gareon Conley / Ohio St. / 6'0", 195 (#93 overall)

8. Howard Wilson / Houston / 6'1", 184 ** (#167 overall)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tabor will help gator fans get over the loss of Hargreaves real fast. Kid can shut it down.

Wrong USF Bull in there.. Tajee Fullwood still has much Improvement to make but the guy who should be up there is Deatrick Nichols he was by far our best CB.

Surprised you have Humphrey so low

Great talent. Just stays burned constantly. Go look at most any big play in the passing game against Bama and he's always the victim. Hasn't learned how to play the ball yet when in phase with the receiver in man coverage.

He needs another year in school in my opinion. He'd probably get drafted in the 1st round if he comes out based on potential, but he's flawed right now. He drives me crazy.

Great talent. Just stays burned constantly. Go look at most any big play in the passing game against Bama and he's always the victim. Hasn't learned how to play the ball yet when in phase with the receiver in man coverage.

He needs another year in school in my opinion. He'd probably get drafted in the 1st round if he comes out based on potential, but he's flawed right now. He drives me crazy.

Finally got around to Humphrey. You love his ability to destroy WR screens and his frame beautiful, but he missed more tackles than you'd expect (after seeing him play so strong).

But, you highlighted the big issue. He's not a sticky CB, and he gets beat deep. His ball skills are also meh. This is more concerning for me, because Alabama puts their CB's in position to succeed, so it's hard to say, 'Well, in a D like Miami or Seattle, he'll be fine." I think he's fast but not blazing. I see that he ran a 4.48 in the Spring, and he might duplicate that at the Combine, but I expect low 4.5's. This is just to say that I don't see him freaking the Combine to the point I'd feel the need to draft him in the 1st and let him develop. Looks like a 2nd RD player, given the upside with his frame. I see that his 3-cone was very good in HS, though his very was not, so it makes sense that he has more trouble on deep routes than shorter routes. He'll probably develop into a good CB, but it will take time, and I see his ceiling as greatly exaggerated.

Sydney Jones is interesting. After three games, I was ready to give him a top-20 grade until seeing him struggle to stick with Gabe Marks - mostly short routes, but he gave up more separation in the Washington St. game than the previous three games combined. Like his ball skills and his ability to FF's, and I'm not going to be too critical of one game that wasn't even that bad, but given that he's also lighter than ideal, and he didn't show up as a top performer in any of UW's physical tests. Right now, I'm putting him in the 1st, with room to move up into the top-20 with a good Combine. He'd have to flop for me to move him down.

Back
Top Bottom