Slimm's 2017 Defensive Tackles (Underclassman) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2017 Defensive Tackles (Underclassman)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
1. Malik McDowell / Michigan St. / 6'6", 295 (#28 overall)

2. Vincent Taylor / Oklahoma St. / 6'3", 304 (#45 overall)

3. Charles Walker / Oklahoma / 6'2", 310
(#55 overall)
skelly-field-charles-walker-ncaa-football-oklahoma-tulsa.jpg

4. Caleb Brantley / Florida / 6'3", 307 (#62 overall)

5. Elijah Qualls / Washington / 6'1", 313 (#120 overall)

6. Nazair Jones / N. Carolina / 6'5", 304 (#134 overall)

7. Eddie Vanderdoes / UCLA / 6'3", 305 (#149 overall)

8. Davon Godchaux / LSU / 6'3", 310 (#248 overall)

Last edited by a moderator:
This may be the last position group I'm getting any amount of exposure toward but McDowell does appear to be worth his billing based on what I'm seeing. Pretty exciting talent.

Slimm,

I realize he won't even be eligible to be drafted NEXT year, but keep an eye on DT Amir Watts of Pittsburgh.

Barely had any playing time, six games, handful of snaps each game, only 3 tackles on the stat sheet, and he was only a mediocre 3-star recruit. Listed 6'3" & 270 lbs which doesn't particularly stand out.

But this is a pure film candy guy. He's got a V-12 engine in the back, explodes off the snap in ways that put the older guys to shame, and he clearly looks a lot heavier than the 270 lbs listing. Or he's just got the weight in all the "right" places to where he can play like a 320 pounder at 270 lbs. Either way, the kid looks like a young Timmy Jernigan. He's playing with that young, dumb energy as I've heard Channing Crowder call it, needs to learn a few things, but his film is powerful.

Watch him against the Canes. At some point Tyrique Jarrett (#6) comes out of the game and Amir Watts (#34) goes in for him. It's...impressive.

So the DTs we picked up look like a decent value in this draft Slim?

So the DTs we picked up look like a decent value in this draft Slim?
Slimm wrote a reply in another draft thread stating that we were actually picking football players...lol. I don't want to answer for him, but I can safely assume his answer will be yes.

Cool thanks and its about time too

Back
Top Bottom