Slimm's 2017 Offensive Line (Seniors) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2017 Offensive Line (Seniors)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
Tackle/Guard:

1. Dorian Johnson / Pittsburgh / 6'5", 300 (#41 overall)

2. Dion Dawkins / Temple / 6'4", 314 (#87 overall)

3. Taylor Moton / W. Michigan / 6'5", 319 (#140 overall)

4. Ben Braden / Michigan / 6'6", 329 (#141 overall)

5. Jessamen Dunker / Tennessee St. / 6'4", 318 (#142 overall)

6. Eric Smith / Virginia / 6'4", 305 (#143 overall)

7. Isaac Asiata / Utah / 6'3", 323 (#147 overall)

8. Conor McDermott / UCLA / 6'8", 307 (#148 overall)

9. Aviante Collins / TCU / 6'4", 295 (#161 overall)

10. Julie'n Davenport / Bucknell / 6'7", 318 (#189 overall)

11. Nico Siragusa / San Diego St. / 6'4", 319 (#196 overall)

12. Danny Isadora / Miami / 6'3", 306 (#198 overall)

13. Adam Bisnowaty / Pittsburgh / 6'6", 304 (#229 overall)

14. Dimitric Camiel / Indiana / 6'7", 315 (#246 overall)

15. Jonathan McLaughlin / Virginia Tech / 6'4", 293 (#249 overall)

16. Alex Kozan / Auburn / 6'3", 309 (UDFA)

17. Zach Banner / USC / 6'8", 353 (UDFA)

18. Kent Perkins / Texas / 6'5", 320 (UDFA)

19. Dan Skipper / Arkansas / 6'10", 309 (UDFA)

20. Jon Heck / N. Carolina / 6'6", 300 (UDFA)

21. Chad Wheeler / USC / 6'7", 306 (UDFA)

Guard/Center:

1. Forrest Lamp / W. Kentucky / 6'4", 309 (#35 overall)

2. Dan Feeny / Indiana / 6'4", 305 (#44 overall)

3. Pat Elflein / Ohio St. / 6'3", 303 (#88 overall)

4. Antonio Garcia / Troy / 6'6", 293 (#154 overall)

5. J.J. Dielman / Utah / 6'5", 309 (#186 overall)

6. Corey Levin / Chattanooga / 6'4", 307 (#188 overall)

7. Tyler Orlosky / W. Virginia / 6'3", 298 (#191 overall)

8. Jay Guillermo / Clemson / 6'3", 301 (#194 overall)

9. Kyle Fuller / Baylor / 6'5", 306 (#225 overall)

10. Ethan Pocic / LSU / 6'6", 310 (#228 overall)

11. Kyle Kalis / Michigan / 6'4", 308 (UDFA)

12. Erik Magnuson / Michigan / 6'4", 303 (UDFA)

13. Jon Toth / Kentucky / 6'5", 307 (UDFA)

14. Cameron Tom / S. Miss. / 6'3", 291 (UDFA)

15. Chase Roullier / Wyoming / 6'4", 312 (UDFA)

16. Jake Simonich / Utah St. / 6'4", 296 (UDFA)

17. Jonah Pirsig / Minnesota / 6'8", 316 (UDFA)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure where to list Elflein. Hasn't played center yet, so I guess for now I'll evaluate him as an OG. Gave him a 1st round grade last fall.

Have you seen Bucknell OT Julie'n Davenport?

I saw him a little as a freshman against Terrence Fede and Zach Hodges. Big, strapping guy that stands out at that level just because of his size. I've listened to him interview and he comes across as an extremely mature and intelligent kid. Perhaps he'll get an invite to an All-Star setting where teams can evaluate his abilities.

Forrest Lamp did an excellent job against Tim Williams Saturday. He completely shut him out. Jeremy Pruitt even moved Williams to the other side in an effort to get him going. It wasn't going to happen against Lamp on that day.

Excellent player. Also did a good job against Jonathan Allen.

This kid is going to be a fixture on somebody's offensive line in the NFL.

Forrest Lamp did an excellent job against Tim Williams Saturday. He completely shut him out. Jeremy Pruitt even moved Williams to the other side in an effort to get him going. It wasn't going to happen against Lamp on that day.

Love him. Don't know if I can choose between him or Elflein at this point (plenty of time in the process), but I would take either in the top 15 without batting an eye. Like you said these guys will be fixtures on their lines. Studs. Zack Martin received the highest grade I've ever given out to an interior OL, but these 2 are my next highest, even over Cody Whitehair who I had in my top 20 last year.

It's not recency bias, just I've only been evaluating since the 2013 class.

P.S. I almost forgot about Dan Feeney. He gets off the ball so well, he almost always gets his first 2 feet in the ground before the defender.

Slimm, watching UVA play Pitt, and the Eric Smith kid looks intriguing at right tackle. What are your thoughts on him? Worthy of a mid round or late pick? It looks like he run blocks very well, gets to the second level, and seems to have decent agility/feet.

Slimm, watching UVA play Pitt, and the Eric Smith kid looks intriguing at right tackle. What are your thoughts on him? Worthy of a mid round or late pick? It looks like he run blocks very well, gets to the second level, and seems to have decent agility/feet.

I'm glad you brought him up, because he's a kid who I've been really impressed with for a long time. I have a Round 3 grade on him, and that'll go up if he tests as well as he plays.

He sticks out like a sore thumb on Virginia's offensive line because of his hustle, attitude, and nastiness.

He plays until the echo of the whistle every snap. Plays the game right on the edge...he goes as far as you can possibly go without getting a flag. It's perfection. I love it. Always hustling and looking for somebody to hit. He plays with an aggressiveness and nastiness that's not very common. I think this is one of those guys that you can kick inside and not have to worry about that guard spot for a decade. I just haven't seen many like him to be honest. He's been a pillar of strength and durability on the Cavs offensive line since he was a true freshman.

The Pittsburgh game is ideal in terms of illustrating what I'm talking about. Everybody should watch the Pitt/UVA game and just watch #72. They'll get it pretty quick, it won't take long.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boy you weren't kidding.

I was a huge fan of Joe Thuney last year and I hear he's doing very well on NE's line even as a rookie. As a prospect, Forrest Lamp reminds me a lot of Thuney. Not as fast as Thuney. Probably a little bit better in straight ahead power. Thuney I thought compared very favorably to Evan Mathis and Forrest Lamp isn't quite in that mold. It's more in how they both put on their big boy pants against top competition, both playing LT, but neither destined to play LT at the next level due to frame.

No Taylor Moton in here?

The guy has an incredible build, thighs I've not seen since...really good knee bend and overall pad level. Could use some work on his hand use and you'd like to see a bit more killer instinct but he's built like a guy that will play for a decade.

Elflien would be tremendously valuable to our team. If Tunsil is officially moved out to LT next year then we have our guard or if Pouncey's hip continues to be a issue then we have another center instead of Steen. We could evaluate Steen for RG our use him for depth. If we pick in the late teens or early twenties and Elflien is there he would be extremely tough to pass up even with our needs at LB and DE.

Elflien would be tremendously valuable to our team. If Tunsil is officially moved out to LT next year then we have our guard or if Pouncey's hip continues to be a issue then we have another center instead of Steen. We could evaluate Steen for RG our use him for depth. If we pick in the late teens or early twenties and Elflien is there he would be extremely tough to pass up even with our needs at LB and DE.

Great round 2 target for Miami. Agree, he could fill multiple needs with RG perhaps his initial spot if Albert is kept.

Who the hell is that mammoth tight end that Bama trots out every now and then that looks like a better right tackle than their right tackle?

He got any future?

Back
Top Bottom