Slimm's 2017 Quarterbacks (Underclassman) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2017 Quarterbacks (Underclassman)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
1. Mitchell Trubisky / N. Carolina / 6'2", 222 (#18 overall)

2. DeShone Kizer / Notre Dame / 6'4", 233 (#27 overall)

1A0SMCG.0.gif

3. Deshaun Watson / Clemson / 6'2", 221 (#33 overall)

4. Patrick Mahomes / Texas Tech / 6'2", 225 (#72 overall)

5. Brad Kaaya / Miami / 6'4", 214 (#191 overall)

6. Jerod Evans / Virginia Tech / 6'3", 232 (#194 overall)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back my sons.

Bring thou despair and desolation here to the draft forum. For thou shalt find hope and triumph in the skill of the underclassman.

Hello father, it's been 5 years since my last confession ...

Losing out and drafting Watson is looking pretty ideal right about now, but first year Gase will find a way to energize the team and win some meaningless games. I'm thinkin kizer might be a pretty good consolation prize. But we'll probably reach for an o-lineman.

I feel like Jerod Evans of Virginia Tech is looking very good, have you seen much of him slimm?

Slimm,

Do you think any of the top 3 have a chance to be a top 10-12 QB?

Hello father, it's been 5 years since my last confession ...

Losing out and drafting Watson is looking pretty ideal right about now, but first year Gase will find a way to energize the team and win some meaningless games. I'm thinkin kizer might be a pretty good consolation prize. But we'll probably reach for an o-lineman.

It matters not how long you stay away my son, you are never far from wisdom and forgiveness.

While it is trueth the Dolphins incompetence is their own worst enemy, and I do not confess to knoweth what the Almighty's plans are.... I do ask that you try to find some semblance of peace in the truth. That truth my son, is that even Miami will find it difficult to ouster themselves from the fortunate position to acquire the skillset of these underclassman. For thou hath seen Miami's offensive line and linebackers? The running backs?

May they taketh this journey into the abyss as a team, without the lonesome burden of solitude. For they have no one to lead them otherwise.

I feel like Jerod Evans of Virginia Tech is looking very good, have you seen much of him slimm?

Of course my son, Father Slimm sees all within the realm of college football.

Enjoy young Jerod Evans while you can, for the NFL will come calling soon. But not too soon, give him another year.

Slimm,

Do you think any of the top 3 have a chance to be a top 10-12 QB?

I believe all three have a chance to be top 10-12 quarterbacks in the NFL. Has thou seen the quarterbacks in the NFL?

All three possess the requisite skill and abilities to achieve stardom at the next level. As do two of my top Senior quarterbacks.

Most of all, they possess the ability to lead.

I believe all three have a chance to be top 10-12 quarterbacks in the NFL. Has thou seen the quarterbacks in the NFL?

All three possess the requisite skill and abilities to achieve stardom at the next level. As do two of my top Senior quarterbacks.

Most of all, they possess the ability to lead.

I find it really hard to evaluate mental processing and decision making without All-22, how do you think they grade out in those traits Father Slimm?

I find it really hard to evaluate mental processing and decision making without All-22, how do you think they grade out in those traits Father Slimm?

I find the "Endzone Tight" angle, or All-22 most relevant in terms of offensive lineman or defensive backs. I do not find it significantly more credible for quarterback evaluation than the more common sideline angle.

One must evaluate footwork first in order to cast judgement on the mental processing, which is easily done via the sideline angle. They are nearly one and the same. Decision making is a very, very subjective evaluation from the standpoint of scouting. For there is often more than one correct decision. There is also often a better decision than the good decision that was made. So on and so forth. I do not find this difficult to ascertain with the sideline angle, provided thorough film study is put forth.

Without discussing aspects such as pocket presence and intuitive feel for the game.... anticipation, timing, and accuracy are an effect. Not a cause. They are the result of mental processing, which is directly tied to footwork. Footwork my son, is the dominant mechanical factor at any position in any sport.

I really want brad kaaya if we go QB

One thing you can say about DeShone Kizer as we look around and see guys like Teddy Bridgewater, Jimmy Garoppolo, Tony Romo and RG3 get injured, is that Kizer looks like you'd have to use a sledge hammer or a chain saw to hurt the guy. I mean, anyone can get hurt. But when guys with smaller frames get hurt, it kind of reminds you why you do have to give a little bonus to QBs in the draft that are huge and seem hard to hurt. And it's also a reminder that if a guy doesn't have that kind of size, you need to take a hard look at his physical awareness, agility and mentality when it comes to taking contact. If you're like Russell Wilson and you're quick as a hiccup, fast, extraordinarily aware, and you shy away from contact at every opportunity, then maybe that makes you feel better about the guy being so small. But if you're RG3 and you don't seem aware, you don't seem to be able to dodge contact and even worse you sometimes seek it out...then you'd better be as big as Cam Newton.

Mitch Trubisky has a veteran quality about him, it's hard to really put my finger on it. Matt Ryan is the comparison I'm thinking of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom