Slimm's 2017 Tight Ends (Seniors) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2017 Tight Ends (Seniors)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
1. O.J. Howard / Alabama / 6'6", 251 (#5 overall)

2. Evan Engram / Ole Miss / 6'3", 234 (#22 overall)

3. Jake Butt / Michigan / 6'5", 246
(#60 overall)
635730242558663510-DFP-1012-jakebutt-3-2-1-438PUBDE-L499178517.JPG

4. Pharaoh Brown / Oregon / 6'6", 255 (#86 overall)

5. Jonnu Smith / FIU / 6'3", 248 (#89 overall)

6. Jordan Leggett / Clemson / 6'5", 258 (#153 overall)

7. George Kittle / Iowa / 6'4", 247 (#156 overall)

8. Gerald Everett / S. Alabama / 6'3", 239 (#157 overall)

9. Eric Saubert / Drake / 6'5", 253 (#164 overall)

10. Jason Croom / Tennessee / 6'5", 247 (#167 overall)

11. Michael Roberts / Toledo / 6'4", 270 (#173 overall)

12. Darrell Daniels / Washington / 6'3", 247 (#205 overall)

13. Cethan Carter / Nebraska / 6'3", 241 (#211 overall)

14. Adam Shaheen / Ashland / 6'6", 278 (#220 overall)

15. Cole Hikutini / Louisville / 6'4", 247 (#224 overall)

16. Scott Orndoff / Pittsburgh / 6'5", 253 (#241 overall)

17. Jeremy Sprinkle / Arkansas / 6'5", 252 (#242 overall)

18. Tyrone Swoopes / Texas / 6'3", 249 (UDFA)

19. Blake Jarwin / Oklahoma St. / 6'5", 244 (UDFA)

20. Josiah Price / Michigan St. / 6'3", 248 (UDFA)

21. Evan Baylis / Oregon / 6'6", 250 (UDFA)

22. Deon Watson / Idaho / 6'4", 222
(UDFA)
idaho-south-alabama-football-nov-7-2015-adf3e60f45bc1471.jpg

23. Johnny Mundt / Oregon / 6'4", 245 (UDFA)

24. Wyatt Houston / Utah St. / 6'5", 255 (UDFA)

25. Siale Fakailoatonga / Utah / 6'4", 255 (UDFA)

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone else to keep an eye on this season: Louisville TE Cole Hikutini 6'5" 240 LBS

With QB Lamar Jackson throwing the football better, he's going to be able to showcase his skills more this up coming season.

Someone else to keep an eye on this season: Louisville TE Cole Hikutini 6'5" 240 LBS

With QB Lamar Jackson throwing the football better, he's going to be able to showcase his skills more this up coming season.

The kid looked great today. Very impressed with him against NC State.

To me, Jeremy Sprinkle is the gold standard in this class when it comes to blocking. He's just utterly fantastic. And he does some really athletic things in the passing game as well. His arrow is up, could be the top TE in the class.

Unless there's something I don't know about character-wise. Have done no research on him that way.

Yeah sprinkle has been my favorite for awhile and part of that was the fact I thought he'd be there in 2nd round, but now he may move up to late 1st/early 2nd... out of our range if we pick someone else up in the 1st round

Another TE I love is Josiah Price. Him and Dion Sims would be a fun Sparty TE duo... Depending on how the board falls, if we can't get a good TE in 1st 2 rounds, a 4th for Price would be fine by me

Phazahn Odom of Fordham is legit.

He's humongous at 6'8" and the way he moves and plays doesn't look like a 6'8" guy. Shows some nice catching skills, fluid movement, athletic. You don't expect a guy this big to look graceful but he makes a fair go of it. Don't know how good he is down for down as a blocker but he's got highlights this way. Obviously raw.

Regardless he probably belongs in conversation with the draftable senior TE prospects.

Michael Roberts is a Senior TE prospect that I believe has really developed into a draftable prospect. Strong NFL body at 6'5", 270 and can run. He's already caught 10 TD passes from Woodside this year.

He's got such a great build, with good strength, the ability to play and look comfortable from any position or role, to go along with lots of experience in a prolific passing game. When I've watched Woodside it's been hard not to notice Roberts particularly because he reminds me so much of what Miami has now with Dion Sims and Dominique Jones.

He will be on the short list for teams that are particularly unforgiving of size shortcomings in their tight end prospects; the teams that want a real true blue tight end on the roster.

To me, Jeremy Sprinkle is the gold standard in this class when it comes to blocking. He's just utterly fantastic. And he does some really athletic things in the passing game as well. His arrow is up, could be the top TE in the class.

Unless there's something I don't know about character-wise. Have done no research on him that way.

Sounds like a perfect fit if Ajayi is the focal point of our offense. Big guy that can block and also be a match up nightmare down the seam!

Last edited by a moderator:
So about Sprinkle ... looks like he'll be available on the cheap.

Howard looks like the beast of this class. He had a few great blocks last night and he is probably the best pass catcher in this draft at TE

Cethan Carter has my attention. Sweet feet for his size, good hands and a tenacious blocker both in line and downfield. Need to find more games to watch. Have seen him against NW, Iowa and Tennessee so far.

The guy I started looking at that has my attention actually is Gerald Everett of South Alabama. I was pleasantly surprised by his blocking in the bowl game.

Howard looks like the beast of this class. He had a few great blocks last night and he is probably the best pass catcher in this draft at TE

OJ Howard looks like the only player that is going to be a match-up nightmare in the NFL. I would do a backflip if he was our 1st pick.

Back
Top Bottom