Slimm's 2018 Quarterbacks (Seniors)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by TedSlimmJr, May 4, 2017.

1. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

1. Mason Rudolph / Oklahoma St. / 6'5", 235

2. Riley Ferguson / Memphis / 6'4", 210

[​IMG]

3. Austin Allen / Arkansas / 6'1", 209

4. Baker Mayfield / Oklahoma / 6'1", 212

5. Luke Falk / Washington St. / 6'4", 216

6. Brandon Silvers / Troy / 6'3", 214

7. Wilton Speight / Michigan / 6'6", 235

8. Logan Woodside / Toledo / 6'1", 201

9. Kenny Hill / TCU / 6'1", 205

Athlete:

1. Quinton Flowers / S. Florida / 6'0", 210

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
    j-off-her-doll likes this.
  2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

When I watched Memphis a little later on in the draft process I kept thinking to myself how the hell do they do this, find these huge, big-armed, good looking NFL prospect quarterbacks that can run? Like how do they steal these guys away from bigger programs?

And I don't know what Quinton Flowers is going to be, I've always been skeptical of the man as a QB so I never handed him anything by virtue of my season tickets, but I have never seen a QB this elusive before aside from maybe Mike Vick and that's actually close.

3. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

Memphis didn't steal Riley Ferguson. He was at Tennessee competing with Justin Worley, Josh Dobbs, and Nathan Peterman for the starting job. Broke his leg and had to sit out before he saw the writing on the wall and decided to transfer. Some of these kids want to play. He eventually would've beaten out all those other quarterbacks in my opinion.

4. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I like Woodside. Shorter and much lighter than you want, but he knows how to look off DB's, and his accuracy/ball placement is what you want. He's also aggressive, willing to squeeze the ball through tight windows or throw open covered receivers. I also like the control over the offense and the play that he displays. Arm looks good enough/not great. If he can add good weight, I think he's in the conversation with Mayfield and McSorley (doubt he declares?), as QB's who lack prototypical physical traits but offer extra in other key areas. Has to add that weight, though.