Smoke Screen? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smoke Screen?

Todd347347

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Does anyone else find it strange that that everyone and there mother knows that if Quinn makes it too 6, we will trade up with the redskins to take him? It just seems weird that our draft strategy is so transparent. :fire:

True, it does seem very clear, who we want and we are willing to trade up for him, strange...:confused:

its not a smokescreen unless miami GM or cam says that is what they are gonna do cuz right now its just espn reporters and fans.

The stupidity of our offseason moves or lack thereof is not lost on our competition. No team has done as poorly at addressing it's Quarterback situation as the Dolphins. Even the Texans that cut Carr and overpaid for Schaub are clear on the direction they want to go.

Does anyone else find it strange that that everyone and there mother knows that if Quinn makes it too 6, we will trade up with the redskins to take him? It just seems weird that our draft strategy is so transparent. :fire:

Smokescreens are usually coming from a GM's mouth or quick hasty-looking actions. In this case, Mueller's been scouting Quinn for 2 years, Cam gave him the hardest interview Quinn ever had, and we have Quinn's draft mentor as our QB coach. It would be like Dennis Green saying he won't draft Larry Fitzgerald, which is contradicted by the many years they've known each other and how much contact those two had.

The stupidity of our offseason moves or lack thereof is not lost on our competition. No team has done as poorly at addressing it's Quarterback situation as the Dolphins. Even the Texans that cut Carr and overpaid for Schaub are clear on the direction they want to go.

Both our Coach and our GM believe in Cleo Lemon more than they do with anyone else they've seen. Isnt that obvious? We made virtually no effort towards Carr, and if we wanted Green we would have pulled the trigger right now. Muellers a good GM, if there was a good move to be made, he woulda made it. Just shows you there wasnt one to be made.

agreed that if he makes it to 6 or 7- which he wont we have to pull a trade and we have the resources to do it

It's really to tuff to know what we'll do. I think it's just the most obvious need for the fins given Daunte's situation. So they all try to play Devils advocate. Then it just snowballs, the only 3 players I don't want at 9 are Brown, Glenn and Branch. If we trade down I'd be alright with Ginn and Brown.

why would it be a smokescreen? makes no sense. WE are just surprised czu we are used to Sabans guessing games he lead everyone to. AT LEAST NOW we have an idea.

Well of course our interest in Quinn is obvious. We haven't had a decent QB since Marino, we haven't drafted an heir to Marino, and every QB we acquired since then has crapped the bed. We have a high pick, a plethora of picks overall, and one of the most talented pro-ready QB's in a while is ripe for the picking.

How are we supposed to act like we're not interested?

I just imagine that Mueller and Cam have a plan or an idea of what they want to do. It may not be what we wanted or expected, but they probably know how they want to handle it. They may still have plans to get Green but don't want to surrender what Peterson wants and are waiting him out. If Green knows their plans and really wants to come to Miami he is probably playing the waiting game to see what KC does.
If I remember right didn't Mueller make a statement early on that he would bring in quarterbacks rather than a quarterback?

everything i see suggest that Alan Branch is our target. I would love to have him he is a stud. then try and draft the quarterback our of Michigan state. in the second. This is what makes this time of the year so damn exciting. everybody think they know what we are going to do. Not sure if i think Brady Quinn is the second coming. It seems you cannot lose with a stud left tackle or dominant nose tackle. thanks for letting me post

green will be a miami dolphin by draft day and we will get quinn at all costs!

Smoke Screen? Does anyone else find it strange that that everyone and there mother knows that if Quinn makes it too 6, we will trade up with the redskins to take him? It just seems weird that our draft strategy is so transparent. :fire:

Are you saying our interest in Quinn is a smoke screen?

Are you saying our interest in Quinn is transparent?

Your thread makes no sense at all.

Strange? Everyone and there mother knows our QB situation. They also know that we will draft a QB in this draft. They also know that Terry Shea, our QB coach, worked with Quinn before the combine. Things cannot get anymore transparent than that.

Back
Top Bottom