Snipet from ProFootball Weekly....(RB) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Snipet from ProFootball Weekly....(RB)

JAGFISH

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Just an answer to a question about the fins trading for a RB..............

I picked your question as representative of the numerous questions regarding the Dolphins' RB situation and possible trades they are rumored to be pursuing. This likely isn't the answer Dolphins fans want to hear right now, but Miami is committed to giving Travis Minor, Sammy Morris and Leonard Henry a shot at the No. 1 RB job, at least for the next few weeks of camp. If they're not satisfied that one of those players, or a committee including FB Rob Konrad, can't get the job done, then they'll start looking into possible trades or examine the waiver wire prior to the season. The thing that's really hurt them in all these trade scenarios is the fact that it would take a second-round draft pick to get a decent running back like Onterrio Smith or Najeh Davenport or any other back you may have heard the Dolphins are interested in. And Miami doesn't have their No. 2 pick for the 2005 draft since they traded it to Philly for A.J. Feeley, who, by the way, is in a dogfight for the starting QB spot with Jay Fiedler. As far as the Rams are concerned, I can't imagine them trading Faulk unless they were completely sold on rookie Steven Jackson, and even then I'd be shocked if they got rid of Faulk. I think the combination of Faulk and Jackson is very appealing to the Rams right now, especially considering the questionable offensive line situation in front of Marc Bulger.

Sorry if it's been posted already..........

This proves what I have been stating over and over, that these talking head morons know nothing. It seems from sampling this board, that most of us DO want the FO to give the guys we have a shot, and evaluate them, before making any moves.

IMO RB shouldnt even be in question right now........We have a lot bigger prioritys right no
1-Signing Ogun
2-re-signing Chambers
3-depth on O-line
the rb we have can get the job done, if they dont get it done get somebody next year, too late to make a major trade like that its gonna be hard enough for the team to get in sync as it is, if we bring in a rb we will have 8 guys starting on offense that have never played together before.

Back
Top Bottom