So all of you really think Bill Polian is a upgrade over Ireland? check this out | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So all of you really think Bill Polian is a upgrade over Ireland? check this out

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
Polian is much worse than Ireland. I pointed that out when I did my run down of the last 5 drafts.

Polian was widely hated in Indy, particularly in his last few years where he ran a dictatorship along the lines of what Nick Saban ran here. Polian also helped engineer the Vontae Davis trade that the Colts had soured on.

You have to look at polians complete body of work. He has built quite a few good teams and drafted alot of top player for Indy. Personally I wouldnt want either as gm of the Phins. Polian because he is 70 and Ireland because he is not that good as a GM. Just fire ireland and sign up Eric Lacosta from Baltimore. Last year overall was a decent draft for Ireland but that was coupled with a horrible free agency and drafting 3rd te's and rb's over a damn wr or cb is pretty damn unforgivable. Every year we have an obvious hole that he trys to patch with silly putty. This year was wr and cb last year was RT . when you decide that signing a cb that has a long history of being less than average to good money over Reggie Wayne you have to call it as you see it.

Polian was widely hated in Indy, particularly in his last few years where he ran a dictatorship along the lines of what Nick Saban ran here. Polian also helped engineer the Vontae Davis trade that the Colts had soured on.

Polian was fired in January how is he engineering a trade for Vontae Davis lol. Also Vontae Davis has not been any worse than the people we have trotted out to replace him. he has been hurt alot this year but hell Richard Marshall was out for year a while ago( hell I hope we cut his worthless azz)

I dont remember anyone agreeing that Polian is better than Ireland. I dont like Ireland AT ALL but lets be honest, there are far worse and Polian is one of them
I am not saying that Ireland is perfect by any means i think hes a pretty okay gm that seems to be getting better with time and without stupid parcells by his side.

check out Polians last first round picks before he got fired.

200529Marlin JacksonCBMichigan
200630Joseph AddaiRBLouisiana State
200732Anthony GonzalezWROhio State
2008No Pick[SUP][18][/SUP]
200927Donald BrownRBConnecticut
201031Jerry HughesDETexas Christian
201122Anthony CastonzoOTBoston College

Polian was fired in January how is he engineering a trade for Vontae Davis lol. Also Vontae Davis has not been any worse than the people we have trotted out to replace him. he has been hurt alot this year but hell Richard Marshall was out for year a while ago( hell I hope we cut his worthless azz)

Just because someone was released doesn't mean they still carry some weight. Polian still has ties to the Colts organization and was talking up VD in the pre-season and how much he liked him coming out of college as well as how much natural talent VD still has (outside of the mental aspects). Everyone saw VD being benched and now fitting in well with the new staff. Polian met with Ireland and Peterson several times before season while apparently on vacation, or maybe seeing how thin the ice is for Ireland. In any event, the Colts GM, Grigson, contacted Ireland after this to discuss a trade and finalize it.

As far as RMarshall, the guy has been injured all season. It happens. In 4 games, he had an INT and 5 PDs. When healthy, I'd take him over Sean Smith any old day.

Just because someone was released doesn't mean they still carry some weight. Polian still has ties to the Colts organization and was talking up VD in the pre-season and how much he liked him coming out of college as well as how much natural talent VD still has (outside of the mental aspects). Everyone saw VD being benched and now fitting in well with the new staff. Polian met with Ireland and Peterson several times before season while apparently on vacation, or maybe seeing how thin the ice is for Ireland. In any event, the Colts GM, Grigson, contacted Ireland after this to discuss a trade and finalize it.

As far as RMarshall, the guy has been injured all season. It happens. In 4 games, he had an INT and 5 PDs. When healthy, I'd take him over Sean Smith any old day.

Richard Marshall got hurt but doesnt explain his overall poor play in the nfl as a whole. One solid season on a Cardinal team does not warrent a big contract esp with his horrible play as a starter previously in Carolina. Marshall was picked on quite a but before he was injured and was a big reason we were giving up 300 yards a game at one point. You go ahead and take Marshall over smith any day, and he will be burned much more consistently. Polian had nothing to do with a the Davis trade, he was fired in January. Vontae has been and will always be a better corner than Marshall

I am not saying that Ireland is perfect by any means i think hes a pretty okay gm that seems to be getting better with time and without stupid parcells by his side.

check out Polians last first round picks before he got fired.

Marlin Jackson
CB
Michigan
Joseph Addai
RB
Louisiana State
Anthony Gonzalez
WR
Ohio State

No Pick

[SUP][18][/SUP]
Donald Brown
RB
Connecticut
Jerry Hughes
DE
Texas Christian
Anthony Castonzo
OT
Boston College

Yeah Ireland is 100% way better than everyone makes him out to be and im not saying hes the best GM in the league but I truely think hes on his way give him time the roster is already shaping up and hes set us up with 6 draft picks and 40 mil in cap space oh and got us a franchis QB (thats a big one!) hes finally doing his thing last 2 years.....I actually started a thread a few days ago about this topic and the haters where out in full force ****s funny 95% of this forum gets so emotionally attached that everything he does is bad... Also, your right he has been a hell of alot better with Parcells out of the picture, I would have loved to see what he would have done the 3 out of 5 years hes been here he had to take into acct Parcells opinion and those drafts could have been different for sure!....The whole Ireland thing is just something for people to bitch about.

And for the record please anyone who responds to this in a negative way which I know they will just dont bring up Brandon Marshall that was a great move to get rid of his crying ass our offense is ranked 23rd this year and when Marsha was here it was ranked 26th so wait we improved with out him!!! Huge loss there and weve improved with a rookie at the helm lol!

Yeah he caught some TDs but and he also lead the league in dropped TDs and costed us alot of games....Oh and BTW Bears passing offense is ranked 28th this year his stats are nice but its not helping that team there 8-6 and not that far off from us and that D was playing lights out this year with TOs or theyd be terrible this year. Marshall would never be good here because you need to spread it around to win that why any were he goes they dont win!!! GREAT MOVE SHIPPING HIM OUT OF HERE!!

Yeah Ireland is 100% way better than everyone makes him out to be and im not saying hes the best GM in the league but I truely think hes on his way give him time the roster is already shaping up and hes set us up with 6 draft picks and 40 mil in cap space oh and got us a franchis QB (thats a big one!) hes finally doing his thing last 2 years.....I actually started a thread a few days ago about this topic and the haters where out in full force ****s funny 95% of this forum gets so emotionally attached that everything he does is bad... Also, your right he has been a hell of alot better with Parcells out of the picture, I would have loved to see what he would have done the 3 out of 5 years he had to take into acct Parcells opinion those drafts could have been different for sure!....The whole Ireland thing is just something for prople to bitch about.

And for the record please anyone who responds to this in a negative way which I know they will just dont bring up Brandon Marshall that was a great move to get rid of his crying ass our offense is ranked 23rd this year and when Marsha was here it was ranked 26th so wait we improved with out him!!! Huge loss there and weve improved with a rookie at the helm lol!....Yeah he caught some TDs but he also lead the league in dropped TDs and costed us alot of games....Oh and BTW Bears passing offense is ranked 28th this year his stats are nice but its not helping that team and certainly there 8-6 not that far off from us and that D was playing lights out this year with TOs or theyd be terrible. Marshall would never be good here because you need to spread it around to win that why any were he goes they dont win!!! GREAT MOVE SHIPPING HIM OUT OF HERE!!

Hmm so great move trading Marshall out of here but hey wait a minute this is the same guy that traded for him. You cant have it both ways. You can talk all the dropped TDs but when both our starters have one td receiving a piece and lets not act like Hartline doesnt drop passesd, in fact the last two years his drop percentage is no better. Marshall is not the reason the bears are ranked so low and without him Im sure they would be worse just as we would be better this season with this offense with Marshall. You say not well how many catches does our third receiver have, in fact we basically have no third receiver. Marshall, Hartline and Bess is a better receiving corp than Bess, Hartline and pure crap. We traded two second round picks for a player always in trouble and made him like the best paid player in the league to a few years later tradinf him for less lol yea great move. So far we have traded Marshall for Michael Egnew and a thrid round pick, what a steal

Yep by this time in his career Pollian was twice NFL Executive of the year and Irealand?

Yep by this time in his career Pollian was twice NFL Executive of the year and Irealand?

ireland is much better . Polian has built superbowl and playoff teams and Ireland has built a team with one winning season in 5 how dare u

Its hilaroius how people said "Marshall finally out wiht his dropped passes." YOu know what? He caught over 1 TD, he caught over 5 TD he ALONE had more TD than all of our WR.

You are tleling me those 6 TD taht equate to 36 pts would NOT have helped us against teams we lost to by 3 pts? or in OT? Or open up the field with other players when we FINALLY have a good QB?

I am so glad thsi offense is SO explosive that those 36 pts aren't needed by our very own MIAMI DOLPHINS. As FIRELAND stated, "we were a couple plays away from having 10 wins" you know what you dip ****? those fwe plays defenitely would have existed with BM 6 TDs

ireland is much better . Polian has built superbowl and playoff teams and Ireland has built a team with one winning season in 5 how dare u

Bills, Colts and Panthers all went to Superbowls nut Ireland won the Divison or was it Parcells who gets credit for 08 it is so confusing!?!?!

Its hilaroius how people said "Marshall finally out wiht his dropped passes." YOu know what? He caught over 1 TD, he caught over 5 TD he ALONE had more TD than all of our WR.

You are tleling me those 6 TD taht equate to 36 pts would NOT have helped us against teams we lost to by 3 pts? or in OT? Or open up the field with other players when we FINALLY have a good QB?

I am so glad thsi offense is SO explosive that those 36 pts aren't needed by our very own MIAMI DOLPHINS. As FIRELAND stated, "we were a couple plays away from having 10 wins" you know what you dip ****? those fwe plays defenitely would have existed with BM 6 TDs

Again trade the idiot known as Marshall but have enough common sense to address replacing him. we have the worst group of receivers in the NFL 3-5 and its not even close

Back
Top Bottom