so are we ready to shed millions? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

so are we ready to shed millions?

Tannchise

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Some of this is not real, but right now we have $16M in projected cap space in 2018:
Adding for fun:
Suh $4M
Tann $15M
Pouncey $7M
James $9.5M
Wake $8M
Timmons $1M
Thomas $6.5M
Larsen $1M
Gray $1M
Carroo $500K
Grant $500K

That's cap room of $71M. Based on who I cut, franchising Jarvis at$16M and getting a veteran qb at $20M. Could $35M be sepent to make this team competitive, knowing that more cuts can be made in 2019? Just remember the Eagles built their OL with three players making $500K-$1M each. Maybe they sign Jarvis to a long term deal and a qb to a more cap friendly deal

i think the purge is coming 2019, not this offseason. hope im wrong.

Some of this is not real, but right now we have $16M in projected cap space in 2018:
Adding for fun:
Suh $4M
Tann $15M
Pouncey $7M
James $9.5M
Wake $8M
Timmons $1M
Thomas $6.5M
Larsen $1M
Gray $1M
Carroo $500K
Grant $500K

That's cap room of $71M. Based on who I cut, franchising Jarvis at$16M and getting a veteran qb at $20M. Could $35M be sepent to make this team competitive, knowing that more cuts can be made in 2019? Just remember the Eagles built their OL with three players making $500K-$1M each. Maybe they sign Jarvis to a long term deal and a qb to a more cap friendly deal

If you're cutting or trading Tannehill, doing some or all of those other things, and ending up with all that money, you should go ahead and pay Kirk Cousins what he's likely to make and have one of the best QBs in the league, rather than getting a roughly average QB with $20M.

So you're cutting Suh and Tannehill but then you're getting a veteran QB for 20mill?
why are you cutting Carroo when he doesn't even cost anything? and you're giving our slot WR 16mill?

Ozzy rules!!
Well if you cut Tannehill, who counts $19.8 million towards the cap, and sign another guy for basically the same money, you get to count the $20 million for the new player plus the dead money from Tannehill's contract. But more importantly you get rid of a player he doesn't like because signing a bunch of free agents has always worked out well for the Dolphins.

If you're cutting or trading Tannehill, doing some or all of those other things, and ending up with all that money, you should go ahead and pay Kirk Cousins what he's likely to make and have one of the best QBs in the league, rather than getting a roughly average QB with $20M.

Box score reading at its finest.

lol I just don't understand this place sometimes...

I'm willing to bet it's more than that. Most likely it's ratings monitoring. This poster really harps on rating for and rating against. I'm guessing Cousins has one of the better ratings in the league based on the assertion that he's, "one of the top QB's in the league".

Here's what I am going to say about Kirk Cousins:

Why does Washington not want to pay him 'market value?' Why did Kyle Shanahan - who knows Cousins very well - decide to throw a second rounder at Jimmy Garoppolo instead of looking to get Cousins in free agency when San Francisco has a lot of cap room available soon? Those who know Kirk Cousins best don't want to invest in him.

Hopefully he won't be our next Mike Wallace.

Tannehill isn't going anywhere. If Miami's getting a QB at all this offseason it's through the draft or the free agent bargain bin.

We should absolutely draft a quarterback if a player that we like falls to us.

I'd also see if Teddy Bridgewater is available.

Last edited:

Tell us how we know when the other available information disagrees with what's in a box score, and then tell us how we can determine when you're wrong in that regard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm willing to bet it's more than that. Most likely it's ratings monitoring. This poster really harps on rating for and rating against. I'm guessing Cousins has one of the better ratings in the league based on the assertion that he's, "one of the top QB's in the league".

And it's even more than that, in fact.

Take a look here at the comparison between Cousins and Tannehill in terms of DVOA over the past three years, and then read how DVOA is defined:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

Back
Top Bottom