so are we ready to shed millions? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

so are we ready to shed millions?

I'm not the biggest Tann fan, but he deserves a full season with Gase.
Keep him and Suh.

Nothing much to add to this... cutting every player isn't a good idea. Also cutting guys who make nothing on rookie deals... okay?

Anyways, so, <O> is ol shouright? Assumed so but whats the confirmation?

And it's even more than that, in fact.

Take a look here at the comparison between Cousins and Tannehill in terms of DVOA over the past three years, and then read how DVOA is defined:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

I don't know why you bother. You are light years above these guys, and their Happy Adjuster subjective biased fluff. In my early years here I debated back and forth. It wasn't close to worth it because nothing of consequence volleyed back, other than additional subjective fluff. Nothing has changed. I got unmercifully ridiculed by one of my most respected friends from Las Vegas last spring when he checked a few threads here, and the caliber of argument.

Let me emphasize it is not restricted to here. This is fan forums in general. If they don't believe in the most relevant categories today, they won't believe in them tomorrow. No minds will be changed. The sports media has done a horrendous job of informing and educating on the most significant variables, so these guys have carried the poor focal points for decades. The next generation will do the same thing. Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone. There are some great contributors here, and no doubt some lurkers who appreciate the real world contributions while rejecting the fluff. I admire you for putting it out there. Just don't expect the responses or appreciation it deserves.

If you want to be popular it's best to whine about officiating every week. Then overreact to the most recent result, in either direction.

Kirk Cousins has great numbers in all the most relevant categories, like yards per attempt and passer rating and adjusted yards per attempt and yards per completion, etc. They are markedly superior to Tannehill across the board. He hasn't had a poor or even average season in any of those categories since becoming a full time starter. His interception rate was very high early in his career while a part timer, but now has dropped significantly to the point it's quite good and superior to Tannehill's numbers.

That's the type of thing <O> is looking at. It is the correct thing to look at, as opposed to flowery adjustment. Far more often than not, <O> will own the superior result. But in a one-time choice it is not a guarantee. The won/loss record is the one area Cousins has not fared well, basically the same as Tannehill.

Sorry but when case Keenum is top 3 I’m not entertaining it anymore.

The head coach won’t even commit to him for the rest of the season

We don't like to keep our good draft picks outside of Jones, Tannehill and Pouncey, the latter two being heavily debated. So I fully expect Landry to be playing elsewhere.

Tannehill is 'heavily debated on FH. The IS no debate in the organisation

Brother Awsi you do realize this is the main forum on basically a fan site right ? Probably not the place for pros only. Instead of shooting down the fans that only come here to root for their teams I have an idea.
If you guys actually want to get into in depth football discussions I suggest the VIP section which will only cost you $20 a year , a paltry sum for people who must be making good money off their vast football knowledge and superior odds making abilities.

Tannehill is 'heavily debated on FH. The IS no debate in the organisation

Because the damn tanny tape says there shouldn’t be.

Hell you got people here thinking we may keep cutler and cut tanny.

Despite the rancid qb tape this year. I just don’t get it

Here's what I am going to say about Kirk Cousins:

Why does Washington not want to pay him 'market value?' Why did Kyle Shanahan - who knows Cousins very well - decide to throw a second rounder at Jimmy Garoppolo instead of looking to get Cousins in free agency when San Francisco has a lot of cap room available soon? Those who know Kirk Cousins best don't want to invest in him.

Hopefully he won't be our next Mike Wallace.

We should absolutely draft a quarterback if a player that we like falls to us.

I'd also see if Teddy Bridgewater is available.

All they talk about on local sports radio is the Cousins deal. Most everyone is railing on the Redskins for drawing this out for three years. They are INEPT in every sense of the word.

I don't know why you bother. You are light years above these guys, and their Happy Adjuster subjective biased fluff. In my early years here I debated back and forth. It wasn't close to worth it because nothing of consequence volleyed back, other than additional subjective fluff. Nothing has changed. I got unmercifully ridiculed by one of my most respected friends from Las Vegas last spring when he checked a few threads here, and the caliber of argument.

Let me emphasize it is not restricted to here. This is fan forums in general. If they don't believe in the most relevant categories today, they won't believe in them tomorrow. No minds will be changed. The sports media has done a horrendous job of informing and educating on the most significant variables, so these guys have carried the poor focal points for decades. The next generation will do the same thing. Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone. There are some great contributors here, and no doubt some lurkers who appreciate the real world contributions while rejecting the fluff. I admire you for putting it out there. Just don't expect the responses or appreciation it deserves.

If you want to be popular it's best to whine about officiating every week. Then overreact to the most recent result, in either direction.

Kirk Cousins has great numbers in all the most relevant categories, like yards per attempt and passer rating and adjusted yards per attempt and yards per completion, etc. They are markedly superior to Tannehill across the board. He hasn't had a poor or even average season in any of those categories since becoming a full time starter. His interception rate was very high early in his career while a part timer, but now has dropped significantly to the point it's quite good and superior to Tannehill's numbers.

That's the type of thing <O> is looking at. It is the correct thing to look at, as opposed to flowery adjustment. Far more often than not, <O> will own the superior result. But in a one-time choice it is not a guarantee. The won/loss record is the one area Cousins has not fared well, basically the same as Tannehill.
LOL.....what a narcissistic post.

Unfortunately, what you fail to grasp is being a fan is about an emotional attachment.......which is an experience you seem to be missing. I don't come here to live and breath QBR every quarter or figure out who uses the right shoe laces and who doesn't.....I could care less. I come here to share the experience with my fellow fin fans....to bitch and complain with people who understand when we lose and to crow and cheer with people who understand when we win. I have opinions....and many of them are based on emotion...not on facts and that is the fun part of being a fan.

If I want to live in analytics, I can do that in my real job. No....when I'm here, I want to talk football with the FH gang, argue, curse, complain about the Patriots and talk about how much we hate the Jets. Am I a "happy adjuster" as you like to call it.....you bet I am and I enjoy every damn minute of it.

I love the way you complain about the posters and site....but here you are, every week, bloviating on your random statistics and putting other people down. No offense, but why don't you just leave?

Sorry my friend, but whether you right or not about Kirk Cousins means absolutely nothing to me. Enjoying the win/loss experience, engaging with the other posters and debating a few issues is what makes this site fun to be a member of.....not listening to you talk about yourself.

Some of this is not real, but right now we have $16M in projected cap space in 2018:
Adding for fun:
Suh $4M
Tann $15M
Pouncey $7M
James $9.5M
Wake $8M
Timmons $1M
Thomas $6.5M
Larsen $1M
Gray $1M
Carroo $500K
Grant $500K

That's cap room of $71M. Based on who I cut, franchising Jarvis at$16M and getting a veteran qb at $20M. Could $35M be sepent to make this team competitive, knowing that more cuts can be made in 2019? Just remember the Eagles built their OL with three players making $500K-$1M each. Maybe they sign Jarvis to a long term deal and a qb to a more cap friendly deal
I am glad you're not in charge. To quote Forrest Gump " that's all I got to say about that."

Because the damn tanny tape says there shouldn’t be.

Hell you got people here thinking we may keep cutler and cut tanny.

Despite the rancid qb tape this year. I just don’t get it
It really doesn't make much sense....but after 4 years, I've grown kind of used to it.

Tannehill will be here in 2019, and FO should not look to FA for help at QB. If he checks out (hand size, off-field), Mayfield, if available, is my ideal pick in the 1st. Darnold is more of a gamble, imo, but he's also worth the risk.

I don't know if Browning will declare, but if he does, I'd like him for Miami in the 4th. I'd advise Browning to return - needs more bulk. But, he's smart, accurate, and he does the little things well. Arm strength is less than ideal but not as bad as advertised.

Woodside is the guy I like late (5th-7th). Love his command of the offense, love how decisive and aggressive he is, and accuracy is a major plus. He's not especially fast, but he's very quick, and he's accurate while taking hits - see the Miami game. He should have been invited to the Senior Bowl (along with Ferguson, who I also like late but expect to go earlier).
Was on Jetsnation.. they're creaming over Mayfield too.. he's no longer a best kept secret :( McShay said he's got more leadership qualities than most anyone he's seen lately. I sure hope they don't end up with him.

Cousins has played good ball this year I’m not gonna try and deny it. I’ve probably seen him 5 times and 4 of those 5 he’s played better than any qb we’ve put out there this year on even their best day.

So he’s gonna command massive money. And whether or not you agree it’s an upgrade or not and I don’t agree that it is you’d be asking him to run a different o than the one he does currently and likely incurring a transition phase and you’d be locking yourself into at minimum the next 3 likely 4 years in the process to a guy that lacks top shelf physical tools but has maximized what he has at market setting money.

And in the process you’d be taking on a qb that has never been able to get the skins over the hump. All of that not being his fault mind you but I’ve seen plenty of games in the past where his mistakes in the clutch decided games or took them out of them. And some with a lot riding on the outcome

Maybe he’s kicked that trend I don’t know and we aren’t gonna find out this year cause once again the skins aren’t playing for anything but a draft pick

Back
Top Bottom