Originally posted by Stamos

Mechanics.

Lets list a few QB's with bad mechanics

Marino
Kosar
Farve
Vick

Not a bad list

I think Rivers is if not the best QB in the draft definatly one of the top three His mechanic sure didn't hold him back against the premeir defenses last year:pirate:

Re: Re: Re: So called draft experts

Originally posted by Carolina_Dolfan

Get off of it SMadison29......you blast Rivers on every post....Chad Pennington was a mid 1st round pick because of questionable arm strength and I bet you sure wish we traded up to pick him now......you were probably one of the ones blasting everyone when they had the Phins possibly picking him in the 1st round.

I don't know what you read back in 2000 but nobody said we'd take Pennington with our pick, we didn't even have a first round pick that year.

If Dan the Man thinks Rivers is our guy then I trust Dan that this guy is a winner and will be a great pro QB.......I hope we see #17 in a Dolphin uniform next season cause we sure need a good young QB who is a winner, leader, class act and model citizen to get excited about

So are Pickett, Navarre, & Schaub. Rivers isn't two rounds better than these guys.

Originally posted by hunter5nc1

Lets list a few QB's with bad mechanics

Marino
Kosar
Farve
Vick

Not a bad list

I think Rivers is if not the best QB in the draft definatly one of the top three His mechanic sure didn't hold him back against the premeir defenses last year:pirate:

With exception to Kosar, who wasn't very good anyway, Marino, Favre, & Vick have VERY VERY strong arms. Rivers doesn't.

Originally posted by SMadison29

With exception to Kosar, who wasn't very good anyway, Marino, Favre, & Vick have VERY VERY strong arms. Rivers doesn't.

I believe I'd rather have Kosar in his prime rather than Fiedler in his prime, but ya....he didn't have a GUN per se, but you don't NEED a gun...accuracy, timing, intelligence....all day long.

Originally posted by Graythreat
Yeah, he doesn't throw the ball pretty. I mean THAT is what counts didn't you know? 40+ TD's, and a 70% completion rating doesn't mean squat for the kid.

The questions about rivers going into the Senior bowl

1. Strength of arm

2. Mechanics

Marino himself said he would NOT change his mechanics, and was very impressed with his arm.

Guess that answers most of those "questions" that he came in with right?

5th best in the draft? Give me a break.

His college stats don't mean much, look at BJ Symons, Ryan Dinwiddie, or Jason White. The questions coming in were about his mechanics, foot work, & arm strength. His mechanics & footwork are still a question, many think his arm is adequate, but the new questions that have arrised are his accuracy beyond 10 yards, accuracy towards the sidelines, & his floating & fluttering deep ball. It's amazing how the things I said were wrong with him to begin with are now starting to be uttered by scouts & draft experts.

It's amazing how the things I said were wrong with him to begin with are now starting to be uttered by scouts & draft experts.

Oh yeah, all you buddy, YOUR the original anti-Rivers slewer around here.

And didn't Dan answer your questions? His horrible release enables him to have the quickest release since Dan, and be VERY accurate. His deep ball is NOT in question, as everyone has been impressed with his arm. Maybe if you took the time to look it up, he had passes of 80+ yards 3 out of 4 years, he CAN strike and stretch the field, with a non-fluttery ball. For every fluttery ball you show me, I'll be able to show 10 more tight spirals. No one has ever questioned his throws, or his accuracy. People said crap about Payton, and Marino going into the pro's as well. Rivers IS the real deal and the obvious 3rd choice at QB. But in your defense, ignorance is bliss, so I see why you fight so hard for losman.

And didn't Dan answer your questions? His horrible release enables him to have the quickest release since Dan, and be VERY accurate. His deep ball is NOT in question, as everyone has been impressed with his arm. Maybe if you took the time to look it up, he had passes of 80+ yards 3 out of 4 years, he CAN strike and stretch the field, with a non-fluttery ball. For every fluttery ball you show me, I'll be able to show 10 more tight spirals. No one has ever questioned his throws, or his accuracy. People said crap about Payton, and Marino going into the pro's as well. Rivers IS the real deal and the obvious 3rd choice at QB. But in your defense, ignorance is bliss, so I see why you fight so hard for losman.

This is one of the best post I have read people are saying all this sh@t about Rivers and they know nothing about him His arm strength isn't in question his accuracy is the best in the draft he's big mobile and aq winner what else do you guys want honestly I think he is going to be better than Eli simply because of people like saying he want make it. Save this post when he's is Kicking our A@@ if he don't come to Miami and see how you feel then,.:yell: :lol: :yell:

Hmm, let's try different sources.

From TFY on Monday: From ten yards in he is very accurate but the further down the field he throws the pass the more of an adventure it becomes.

Tuesday: not effective throwing the ball down field and had a lot of passes blocked at the line of scrimmage.

Wednesday: Now, he's a bit slow setting up in the pocket and the further to the flanks he throws the ball the more inaccurate he is. The point of release is also a problem.

From GBN:
North Carolina State QB Phil Rivers also had another solid day; Rivers was particularly effective hitting on the intermediate routes, but his deep passes tend to hang, while he wasn't very accurate on a couple of flat routes...

I'm right about Rivers.

Stats mean NOTHING in college ball. It's all about your talent. Marino didn't put up big #s in college & look at him. Now, David Klingler put up huge #s in college & look at him.

Sad but true.

Re: Re: Re: Re: So called draft experts

So are Pickett, Navarre, & Schaub. Rivers isn't two rounds better than these guys.

Pickett and Navarre are downright awful, I'm two rounds better than both of them at QB, and I've always fancied myself as a 3rd down running back.

Why do yall keep saying that Rivers aint got a strong arm if college stats dont mean nothing Eli or Ben would be in the top ten in draft. I live in North Carolina people are full of crap if they say he does not have a strong arm outside of 10 yards that is just anti-Rivers remarks. Watch some films of River's then watch some of Marino about the same kind of throws down the middle cross patterns very accurate out side of 20 yard.

They are at the senior Bowl throwing a college football yall are telling me that he cant throw over 10 yards with accuracy call Coach Bowden Coach Almato and Ohio State headcoach then if I am wrong bash Rivers all you want.

I got this felling about River that he will succeed the first game I seen him play in college I knew he would make it to the NFL. Then he ended up close to NCAA records and alot of NC State records.

Don't tell me he can't throw all of a sudden I know different.

Anybody say he is only 7th best in draft just don't like him an know his skill. :rolleyes:

Either way this guy could throw a basketball. He may not can run the 40 in 4.5 40 vertical leap Marino could'ny either and he brok all kinds of records.

I dont understand the whole east coast got to see this guy throw and play they know how good he is now he is at the senior bowl and all of a sudden he cant throw accurate over 10 yards that is BS.

Back
Top Bottom