So day one is over, who should fins take first WR or runningback? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So day one is over, who should fins take first WR or runningback?

cltchperf

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well it is what it is, fins got an olineman, reach or not that picked a need. Now hopefully fins can focus on playmakers that they need now. I think another pass catcher whether WR or if a talented tightend still available, then that. But also, we know how underwhelming the fins runningbacks and ground game was last season. Part of it was the blocking but the runningbacks could have helped, so I think fins should draft a running back too. I know they have knowshown moreno, but thats just on year and rb have such short careers as well as many teams have back split carries to stay fresh by end of season. You rather get a WR in second round and rb in third round or rb in second round and WR in third round and who?

Personally for me, I'd rather fins get a WR in second rd, as there is still some good talent not picked yet. Marquis lee is still availabe and others that fins could get. Whereas there are runningbacks available as none were picked in first round. But rbs are not the hot commodites as years past. So I don't think fins need to select any in second rd as I could see the second or third best rb falling into the third rb, plus its seems rbs, or talented ones are more likely to fall furthr down in draft and teams finding good rbs and them being good in later rounds. So what's your hope and plan tomorrow with focus in 2nd rd and third regarding the position you'd prefer picked first?

If we take a running back it should be on day 3. Branden Oliver is my guy. Unless by some act of god, Isaiah Crowell is still there.

Go for ILB, TE, or OG - BPA between the three at the time of the pick.

I know nobody wants to hear it but the best value in round 2 where we're at could be at G. No it's not sexy to take 2 offensive lineman in the first 2 rounds but it could happen tomorrow. Personally, I was hoping for Shazier or Mosley to fall but that didn't happen. Clinton-Dix would have been a better value pick at 19 but James was a need pick, the New Orleans trade at 20 proved we could have moved down a few spots, picked up an extra 3rd and still have had James at the back end of the first.

Allen Robinson I like. There will undoubtedly be a great RB there as well. Jean Bapiste is a kid that I think fits the defense very well.

Donte Moncrief would make me happy. Xavier Su'A-Filo would be great but he wont make it to pick 50. I like Allen Robinson also.

Donte Moncrief would make me happy. Xavier Su'A-Filo would be great but he wont make it to pick 50. I like Allen Robinson also.

Yes, both would be good choices, along with a good RB at some point.

Do not want RB. Will be very happy with a WR, though. Matthews, Robinson, etc.

The gurds that will be available will be hard to pass up IMO.

I can't picture Robinson making it to us in the 2nd rnd, but I'm starting think Amaro has a shot there and that's a guy I think they might take.

If Hyde fell to us in the 2nd you'd also have to really consider that. Lot of great options for us, obviously I really want Robinson like everyone else, just don't see that happening.

I'm might more excited for day 2 than for day 1, kind of a had a feeling we would grab a tackle, can't really blame them, it's just not exciting.

Marqise Lee, Tre Mason, Jeremy Hill, or Allen Robinson....like these WR's and RB's....whoever is there at #50.

Back
Top Bottom