So....DEFENSE still wins championships | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So....DEFENSE still wins championships

Reaction score
And Ted Ginn Jr DOES NOT :chuckle:

Seriously though, Gase may or may not be the right hire but we need to hire somebody in this organization in some capacity, like the guy who architected Denver's defense, they just won a superbowl IN SPITE of Peyton Manning.

Seriously though, Gase may or may not be the right hire but we need to hire somebody in this organization in some capacity, like the guy who architected Denver's defense, they just won a superbowl IN SPITE of Peyton Manning.

In spite of Manning is right. Manning tried to give the game away several times. Lucky he wasn't picked 3 or 4 times. And the INT and Fumbles came at horrible times. INT an unforced error. Simply had to be thrown to the outside hand.

Amazing defense, running game and special teams for Denver = win.

LD

Now Dolphins fans are insisting we should have hired Wade Phillips.

Good god.

Good god.

I advocated such a move after the 2014 season. That said, I hope VJ who worked under Wade doesn't go w/ a strict 4-3 and incorporates some of what we saw tonight.

Good god.

Some here wanted Sean McDermott and Mike Shula too. How much credit can a guy like Wade Phillips get anyway? He has zippy to do with Von Miller and Demarcus Ware being insane players. Coaches get too much credit IMO.

Yeah pretty much, his defense just won the superbowl (and carried that ****ing team for the entire ****ing season)

Notice a pattern?

XqECJGYpng-1.jpg

Wade Phillips, despite working with him in Houston, wasn't Kubiaks first choice. Go ahead, guess who was.

Some here wanted Sean McDermott and Mike Shula too. How much credit can a guy like Wade Phillips get anyway? He has zippy to do with Von Miller and Demarcus Ware being insane players. Coaches get too much credit IMO.

Statistics may not be able to account for the total team factor in every individual player, but take a gander at the only static available for Coaching.

W/L

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/12/31/...hing-jobs-jay-cutler-peyton-manning-tim-tebow

A superior coach who knows how to roll with the punches. His willingness to adjust his scheme to his players strengths is, sadly, rarer then it should be in this league. Peyton Manning, Jay Cutler, Tim Tebow...you couldn't get a more varied group of quarterbacks, yet Gase succeeded with all of them.

While i think i prefer Sean McDermott slightly more, Gase is right there in the conversation for best available candidate. Id love for him to work with Ryan Tannehill.

Yup.

Which i still stand by. Im not sure how anyone could watch that game and walk away with the belief Carolina's defense cost them the game.

My opinion of Mike Shula is and always has been...less.

Statistics may not be able to account for the total team factor in every individual player, but take a gander at the only static available for Coaching.

W/L

I'm talking specifically about Wade Phillips. He had great success as a coach this year but hasn't done dick as a head coach. The same can be said for McDermott and Shula. Sure a coach can come up with good schemes but you need good to great players to succeed.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Yup.

Which i still stand by. Im not sure how anyone could watch that game and walk away with the belief Carolina's defense cost them the game.

My opinion of Mike Shula is and always has been...less.

Carolina's defense certainly didn't cost them the game. I wasn't inferring that.

Good god.
Wade Phillips is one of those guys that is great at what he does, but terrible at what he doesn't do.

There's no shame in that.

He's not HC material.

To suggest otherwise is silly.

Back
Top Bottom