So no complaints about the special teams? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So no complaints about the special teams?

Mudder1310

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I guess I should take the win and shut up, but zero return yards and back to back weeks giving up a return TD. Carpenter did his job and got the clutch points, but a pretty meager performance otherwise. Hopefully we recognize our deficiencies and fix them before the Pats game, they need no assistance scoring.

I said last year that we should have drafted Matt Bosher for kickoffs.

Guarantee Leon Washington wouldn't have taken that ball to the house yesterday if Bosher was kicking...

Sometimes the other team just makes a good play.

Up until the past two weeks the group has been stellar compared to last year, so I give them a pass.

They better step that BS up cuz the Pats are coming to town and they have a GREAT STs.

Carpenter needs to make sure every kick goes deep into the end zone or preferably out of it. I have seen him do it many times so there should be no excuses.

Heres a list of special teams stats for the season:

We are 3rd worst in the league in punt return yards allowed with 394 yds.
13th in the league with Kickoff return yards allowed with 704.
Teams are making 75% of their field goals against us which is tied 5th best in the league, but we are 4th worst in the league with FGM against us.
We also have the 3rd most gross punting yards against us with 2905 yds which shows that teams are punting the ball a significant amount against us.
We are tied 2nd with a bunch of teams in blocked punts.
Fields is 4th in gross punting yards.
Carpenter is 29th in FGM and 29th in FG%.
We are 10th in kickoff return yards with 1 TD and 10th punt return yards with 1 TD

To sum it up we are above average in special teams other than Carpenter stinking up the joint.

I'm still miffed at why we directional kicked to Washington, vs driving it to the back of the endzone. Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom