So what is the backup plan for Gase/FOto save his job | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So what is the backup plan for Gase/FOto save his job

Tell me what has to happen then for Gase to be fired? Im curious where the line is. He had Manning and that was an overrated OC job and his job w the Bears sucked.

You’re asking random dudes on the Internet a question that only Ross can answer. All we know is Ross loves Gase. What it would take to get him fired is anyone’s guess.

What has a decent probability? Tannehill getting hurt again? Why do you think that is probable? Just having torn one acl doesn't make automatically injury prone.

Also, we absolutely need to draft a back up qb / someone to develop behind RT. Who will be the starting qb this year, therefore HIGHLY unlikely we take a 1st or even 2nd round qb. I'm all for getting someone but not just picking someone to pick them.

And jesus man, why don't you ever post about anything other than tannehill / gase? you know there are plenty of other facets of the team right? Facets which need more attention than the starting qb /hc

Make a post about the linebackers. the lack of a pass rush. how we will patch up the OL? The safety situation. The rb's. Even your thread about landry was practicaly a lowkey rt bash thread
Hc and qb is what makes the team my friend. Look at majority of playoff teams, esp in Pitt and NE

Ross considers Gase a “young Shula”, per pretty much everyone. Gase is as safe as it gets, especially if something like Tannehill getting injured happens. Mike Tennenbaum and Chris Grier are more likely to be removed before Gase.
Also, one thing we know about Ross is he keeps people around forever. If Sparano and Philbin were able to last as long as they did here, Gase is safe for the foreseeable future.

Also, one thing we know about Ross is he keeps people around forever. If Sparano and Philbin were able to last as long as they did here, Gase is safe for the foreseeable future.

That’s a good point. From all accounts, he was lukewarm on Philbin and had no ties to Sparano and kept them both far longer than anyone else would have. Gase, someone he actually likes, is pretty cemented here.

Lol.....thank goodness we have you to "strategic think" for us.
Well we should have developed a qb this past season. But those in the Tannehill Fan Club and the Gase Fan Club, thought no qb was needed because Tannehill is a fast healer lol

Please make a list of all the teams that had a legit transition plan (i.e. spending a high pick or making a big FA signing) for a starting QB that they are happy with during the first 7 years of the QBs career.

I can't believe that I have to point this out but TEAMS DO NOT DO THIS. Teams have ONE STARTER and a QB that is intended to be a backup only or they have a STARTING QB NEAR THE END OF THEIR CAREER and a QB to be groomed or they have NO LEGIT STARTERS and are biding time until they get one.

Good post.

Nothing wrong with drafting a QB for development, but teams don't keep two starters on their rosters. The football saying is "if you have two QB's, you have none"......your post nailed it.

Yeah I bet you predicted a trip to the playoffs last year too, huh.
Playoffs? And we got killed in the last two games of the year, but because we made the playoffs, team and Gase did nothing to improve it. A broken clock works twice a day. Miami was lucky and of course has no sustainability. But you keep hanging your head on one lucky year. Pats win the SB and then trade for Cooks. No comparison

Two things that makes Gase's seat hot at the end of next season:

1. Bills and/or Jets fans take over Sunlife at the end of the season to watch their teams try to get in while we evaluate 3rd stringers.

2. Tannenbaum having all that access to Ross' ear during the game. If things start to turn how good is he at persuading Ross that its Gase's fault and not his? He looks pretty snakeoil salesman-ey to me, so he's probably good at it.

Two things that makes Gase's seat hot at the end of next season:

1. Bills and/or Jets fans take over Sunlife at the end of the season to watch their teams try to get in while we evaluate 3rd stringers.

2. Tannenbaum having all that access to Ross' ear during the game. If things start to turn how good is he at persuading Ross that its Gase's fault and not his?
I think Gase and Tannenbaum both agree and get a qb in free agency or draft. A splash or pick 11. That way they hedge their bet and can sell to Ross the future

What has a decent probability? Tannehill getting hurt again? Why do you think that is probable? Just having torn one acl doesn't make automatically injury prone.

Also, we absolutely need to draft a back up qb / someone to develop behind RT. Who will be the starting qb this year, therefore HIGHLY unlikely we take a 1st or even 2nd round qb. I'm all for getting someone but not just picking someone to pick them.

And jesus man, why don't you ever post about anything other than tannehill / gase? you know there are plenty of other facets of the team right? Facets which need more attention than the starting qb /hc

Make a post about the linebackers. the lack of a pass rush. how we will patch up the OL? The safety situation. The rb's. Even your thread about landry was practicaly a lowkey rt bash thread
That's outside the box, can't do it.

Back
Top Bottom