So what position are we looking at with our first rounder? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So what position are we looking at with our first rounder?

They could honestly go after anything except QB, RB and DT. Most people here want them to take a WR with the #1 pick but the team needs TE, an OT(If Jake isn't re-signed), an OG, DE, LB's, CB, S. I really don't think they'd take a S, OG, or LB though unless the LB is a pass rushing demon and/or can convert to DE. My bet is it's either going to be an WR, DE, or CB.

DE, WR, DB, OL. There are guys that are worth a #12 at each of those spots and who we take will depend on who is left, how free agency goes, and what our focus is.

The simply answer is it depends on free agency. Assuming we can solve the wr issue in free agency, I think pass rusher makes the most sense. If we can add an elite guy opposite Wake this defense takes the next step and suddenly Miami has a chance to compete with New England. I'd say one of the three -- Jordan, Ansah or Werner at #12.

Players that produce more big plays and scoring from the offense and defense.
DE,WR,CB,RB,TE

Obvious thing to say but Free Agency will dictate what we do at #12. Assuming we let Long and Smith go, if they don't fill those gaps in FA then they become as important needs to the Dolphins as WR is. I can't believe the will sign a top FA for WR, OT and CB, 2 out of 3 are possible and the odd one out will likely be our pick. DE is still a possibility too if Starks is not resigned or they don't see the value in those other need areas when we pick at 12.

Back
Top Bottom