So what will be the game plan? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So what will be the game plan?

NYPhinFan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I was looking over the def rankings and saw that Minn was ranked 15th against the run in the NFL and 31st against the pass.....not so great against the run and god awful against the pass....so do we go into the game doing what we did against the Raiders with alot of playaction passes early then pound them with Ricky?...or do we play it conservatively and pound Ricky then open up some long ones....find it interesting because I think we need to keep their offense off the field and try to make this game mistake free as we can...what does everyone else think?

I say run it first to keep Daunte and Co. on the sidelines. If we score first and keep their offense off the field, we'll minimize the crowd factor.

I say we air it out the first time we have the ball. If we can't expose their weakness of the pass than we aren't going to win. Plus if we come out passing it makes New England have to change their gameplan a bit the week after.

If they put eight in the box to stop the run, then you go through the air until they start playing honest, then you hand the rock to ricky and tear em up on the ground.

One of the keys to our success all year long has been the effectiveness of the passing game, not the running game. So far believe it or not we have lived and died by the pass, not the run. But there is no doubt that Ricky is making the pass easier to set up. If you look at every game we lost, I pretty much guarantee that you'll find ineffective passing either failing to help set UP the run game (Buffalo Part 1, Green Bay, Jets Part 2), or ineffective passing not properly complimenting the run game to score points (Buffalo Part 2)...or the defense blowing chunks in Kansas City.

We do what we have done for every big win this year...

Balance, balance, balance!!!!

Back
Top Bottom