So who should be returning kicks and punts? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So who should be returning kicks and punts?

RandomDolphan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I just wanted to sign up and cry about Chris Williams apparently getting caught stealing from a third world country salesman and having his hands cut off :boohoo:

So, assuming they don't plan on having Bess back there catching the ball and placing it in between Williams' forearm and chest, who do you want catching and returning said ball? ... I say they stick Cameron Wake back there. I've heard he's scary fast, right? ... Right! ... It's Brilliant! :hi5:

Your thoughts?

If they can staighten Williams out I think he should maybe just do returns and long punt and put Bess on short and fair cathes.

KR should be Ginn. He is proven here and doing kick returns will ensure that he doesn't disappear from any games.

PR should be Hartline. He's a safe option and he is shifty enough with good enough vision to offer enough of a threat.

Keep Bess fresh b/c he'll be our most active WR.

If they can staighten Williams out I think he should maybe just do returns and long punt and put Bess on short and fair cathes.

Chris Williams is gone. He bobbled every single ball he touched.

You realize your only allowed 53 men on a roster right? Besides the fact that the guy is garbage.

You realize your only allowed 53 men on a roster right? Besides the fact that the guy is garbage.

He has potential - I think you are right but premature at this point. I'll wait til cut down. He could turn it around next week for two td's and we will be praising him.

KR should be Ginn. He is proven here and doing kick returns will ensure that he doesn't disappear from any games.

PR should be Hartline. He's a safe option and he is shifty enough with good enough vision to offer enough of a threat.

Keep Bess fresh b/c he'll be our most active WR.

Wait, you want to keep the number 2 (maybe) in Bess fresh. But, you want the number one (Ginn) to be returning kicks. That doesn't make sense.

And please no, not Hartline. He is a horrible option. He looked totally awkward out there and too damn tall for a PR. Bess would even be better.

How about Hilliard? Can he catch? How would you like to have to tackle that tank with those moves as a gunner.

And before you poo poo it, his 3 cone and shuttle run are faster than Bess's. So, his quickness is not an illusion.

I'd prefer Chris Williams to be the guy. But, he needs to not muff or bobble ANYTHING in practice for the next two weeks for him to get another shot at it.

Cuz, that dude can bring it once he has it in his hands. I am really pulling for him because he will drastically upgrade the return game if he can get it right.

Kick returns are a tough call...I too would love to see Lex Hilliard there a few times, to see how he handles it. But, Pat Cobbs was decent there a year ago.

Punt returns should belong to Davone Bess. He's proven that he is one of the better punt returners in the NFL. He'll be even better in his second year there. Kick returns may remain an issue but punt returns will not be one.

I think Patrick Cobbs will be returning kick-offs. As for punts, its probably a toss-up between the receivers, but right now just who is gonna to make the roster there is a toss-up because none of them have done anything to justify a roster spot behind the top 3.

Wait, you want to keep the number 2 (maybe) in Bess fresh. But, you want the number one (Ginn) to be returning kicks. That doesn't make sense.

And please no, not Hartline. He is a horrible option. He looked totally awkward out there and too damn tall for a PR. Bess would even be better.

How about Hilliard? Can he catch? How would you like to have to tackle that tank with those moves as a gunner.

And before you poo poo it, his 3 cone and shuttle run are faster than Bess's. So, his quickness is not an illusion.

I'd prefer Chris Williams to be the guy. But, he needs to not muff or bobble ANYTHING in practice for the next two weeks for him to get another shot at it.

Cuz, that dude can bring it once he has it in his hands. I am really pulling for him because he will drastically upgrade the return game if he can get it right.
Although I like his potential when he hangs on to the ball, Chris Williams may not be in camp in 2 weeks.

Ted Ginn for sure on punt returns. I do nominate Williams for the burger king whopper jr commercial

Kick returns are a tough call...I too would love to see Lex Hilliard there a few times, to see how he handles it. But, Pat Cobbs was decent there a year ago.

Punt returns should belong to Davone Bess. He's proven that he is one of the better punt returners in the NFL. He'll be even better in his second year there. Kick returns may remain an issue but punt returns will not be one.
My thoughts exactly on Cobbs. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back there next week.

Back
Top Bottom