So who should be the next headcoach? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So who should be the next headcoach?

Clipse

mediocrity sucks
Reaction score
Let's face it, Sparano isn't a good coach. Would of served him right to fire the worst OC in the league, but they don't call him Morono for nothing. So that poses this question, who will be our next coach, realistically.

The first real option is Bill Cowher. There was talk about him possibly joining the Giants or Browns after this season. I think Mangini keeps his job. I think Coughlin keeps his job also. He would be #1 on my list.

The second real option is Jon Gruden. Really like what he did in Oakland. A lot of people feel he's overrated because he did what Tony Dungy couldn't do and won a SB in Tampa Bay with Dungy's players on defense. I like Gruden though. Watching him on ESPN, he seems to have a real passion for the game.

Another option I like is Mike Martz. He knows how to use a gunslinger, unlike the idiots running the team right now. He also knows how to dial up screens, and use RB's in the passing game, unlike the idiots currently running the team. He has a 53-32 record as a headcoach.

Jim Harbaugh is one I really like also.

Some other guys to mention. Rob Ryan. Has been doing a real nice job with the Browns defense. I personally wouldn't hire him as I really like Nolan, and think we need an offense oriented guy. Also a guy with experience, as I don't think I can handle another noob. Perry Fewell would fall under there as well. There's Brian Billick. He wouldn't be a bad choice imo. There's Jim Haslett. Not sure about him. There's Steve Mariucci. He gets a worse rap then he deserves for the Lions 0-16 season imo. Matt Millen had that team completely devoid of talent. There's Jason Garrett. A lot of talk that Jerry Jones might look to sign a big name head coach. Another choice is Mike Holmgren who has supposedly expressed interest in returning to coaching. He certainly fits the bill for an experienced guy. Last but not least Tony Dungy might be an option though I'm not much of a fan.

Another guy that interests me, not as a headcoach, but as an OC, is Mike Leach. Often though of as a Mike Martz clone. Could very well bring us a high powered offense.

My personal top 4 for a headcoach would be Harbaugh, Cowher, Gruden, and Martz in that order. What say you?

I'm a huge Jon Gruden fan, although I don't like the way he brings in skeletons to play (Jeff Garcia, etc)

I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN!!! JON GRUDEN, JON GRUDEN, JON GRUDEN! Bring in a F*CKING COACH WHO KNOWS WHAT OFFENSE AND TOUCHDOWNS ARE!!!!!!!

who would want to come in here right now?

how many careers has this team ruined.....

yeah i am a little bitter tonight

clear.gif

Let's face it, Sparano isn't a good coach. Would of served him right to fire the worst OC in the league, but they don't call him Morono for nothing. So that poses this question, who will be our next coach, realistically.

The first real option is Bill Cowher. There was talk about him possibly joining the Giants or Browns after this season. I think Mangini keeps his job. I think Coughlin keeps his job also. He would be #1 on my list.

The second real option is Jon Gruden. Really like what he did in Oakland. A lot of people feel he's overrated because he did what Tony Dungy couldn't do and won a SB in Tampa Bay with Dungy's players on defense. I like Gruden though. Watching him on ESPN, he seems to have a real passion for the game.

Another option I like is Mike Martz. He knows how to use a gunslinger, unlike the idiots running the team right now. He also knows how to dial up screens, and use RB's in the passing game, unlike the idiots currently running the team. He has a 53-32 record as a headcoach.

Some other guys to mention. Rob Ryan. Has been doing a real nice job with the Browns defense. I personally wouldn't hire him as I really like Nolan, and think we need an offense oriented guy. Also a guy with experience, as I don't think I can handle another noob. Perry Fewell would fall under there as well. There's Brian Billick. He wouldn't be a bad choice imo. There's Jim Haslett. Not sure about him. There's Steve Mariucci. He gets a worse rap then he deserves for the Lions 0-16 season imo. Matt Millen had that team completely devoid of talent. There's Jason Garrett. A lot of talk that Jerry Jones might look to sign a big name head coach. Another choice is Mike Holmgren who has supposedly expressed interest in returning to coaching. He certainly fits the bill for an experienced guy. Last but not least Tony Dungy might be an option though I'm not much of a fan.

Another guy that interests me, not as a headcoach, but as an OC, is Mike Leach. Often though of as a Mike Martz clone. Could very well bring us a high powered offense.

My personal top 3 for a headcoach would be Cowher, Gruden, and Martz in that order. What say you?

Actually, Rod Marinelli was the head coach of the Lions during their 0-16 season.

Great question

my thoughts are:

cowher(for toughness defense and passion)
in fact my buddy suggest a cowher-Marino combo
in which Marino is a czar type guy with cowher handling
coaching

gruden(passion plain and simple...down side to gruden
players grow weary of his constant negativity)

holmgren(never really liked him however I respect his
accomplishments and of all the possabilitys he has the best
track record with finding QB's

Back
Top Bottom