So who should be the next headcoach? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So who should be the next headcoach?

At this point, I'll take Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck over what we have now.

I would be interested in Gruden or Cowher. The problem with this team is that the ownership has shifted focus from football to creating a party atmosphere. It will be more difficult to get a REAL coach now.

This franchise needs a leader! We need a strong personality in a head coach, I am going to vote for Gruden.
He has a SB ring and that garners instant respect.
He is still young and has passion, not a tired old guy like Holmgren.
He seems like he prefers to be back on the sidelines, rather than behind a desk like Cowher.
Give me Gruden, and let's dump Tony "sun glasses at night" Sparano.

I would install Nolan as the interim HC on Monday and allow him to interview for the permanent position at the end of the year.

Cowher's dream job was supposedly Carolina... now would be his best chance with Fox's team imploding. Maybe he's changed his mind since those "Cowher to Carolina" rumors were so rampant, IDK.

I would be fine with Gruden. He was highly regarded as an OC in Philadelphia before going to the Raiders... and while people claim he won a Super Bowl with Dungy's Tampa Bay team the fact is that his opponent in that Super Bowl was the Raiders team he built in Oakland--in spite of the Al Davis interference.

Rob Ryan would be an interesting choice what with his brother's team one of our most despised division rivals. Still, he's done a very good job with the defense in Cleveland and players have responded with great loyalty to both his father and brother Rex. The downside with him is similar to that of his father and brother... the "loose cannon" syndrome. One minute you think he's turning your team around, and the next he's caught in some PR nightmares of his own making. Dancing with the devil here, but the payoff could be pretty nice.

I might be inclined to give Leslie Frazier a call if the Vikings don't put him in as a replacement for Childress. He interviewed with us before and it it was said he was very impressive.

Unsure about Dungy. Is he hungry to come back to coaching? He built a good team in Tampa that couldn't get over the hump and had Peyton in Indy. Would his rep be considered so highly if the Colts had one of our throwaway QBs from the mid-2000s instead? Not to mention Polian destroying the rest of the league in the draft year after year is why I'm not sure about him--he did get some awfully good players to work with.

I'm staying away from college coaches. Too much culture shock between how to motivate a 19 year old poor kid whom you can bench vs a guy making $19mil a year whom you can't.

There could be some coordinators I'm missing who are worthy candidates, but these are the main guys that would be on my short list.

here is a list

http://www.nationalfootballdigest.com/2010/07/early-2010-head-coaching-candidates.html

this guy intrigues me

Sean McDermott – Defensive Coordinator, Philadelphia Eagles
McDermott is considered an up and comer, but must make sure he doesn’t get hired too early. He’s young and has a lot of energy. His work ethic is tremendous and he’s very smart. He learned a lot under the late veteran coordinator Jim Johnson and being exposed to the big picture organization of Andy Reid is a plus.

I would install Nolan as the interim HC on Monday and allow him to interview for the permanent position at the end of the year.

Cowher's dream job was supposedly Carolina... now would be his best chance with Fox's team imploding. Maybe he's changed his mind since those "Cowher to Carolina" rumors were so rampant, IDK.

I would be fine with Gruden. He was highly regarded as an OC in Philadelphia before going to the Raiders... and while people claim he won a Super Bowl with Dungy's Tampa Bay team the fact is that his opponent in that Super Bowl was the Raiders team he built in Oakland--in spite of the Al Davis interference.

Rob Ryan would be an interesting choice what with his brother's team one of our most despised division rivals. Still, he's done a very good job with the defense in Cleveland and players have responded with great loyalty to both his father and brother Rex. The downside with him is similar to that of his father and brother... the "loose cannon" syndrome. One minute you think he's turning your team around, and the next he's caught in some PR nightmares of his own making. Dancing with the devil here, but the payoff could be pretty nice.

I might be inclined to give Leslie Frazier a call if the Vikings don't put him in as a replacement for Childress. He interviewed with us before and it it was said he was very impressive.

Unsure about Dungy. Is he hungry to come back to coaching? He built a good team in Tampa that couldn't get over the hump and had Peyton in Indy. Would his rep be considered so highly if the Colts had one of our throwaway QBs from the mid-2000s instead? Not to mention Polian destroying the rest of the league in the draft year after year is why I'm not sure about him--he did get some awfully good players to work with.

I'm staying away from college coaches. Too much culture shock between how to motivate a 19 year old poor kid whom you can bench vs a guy making $19mil a year whom you can't.

There could be some coordinators I'm missing who are worthy candidates, but these are the main guys that would be on my short list.

Best idea I've heard tonight. Why not? Seriously, what do we have to lose at this point?

here is a list

http://www.nationalfootballdigest.com/2010/07/early-2010-head-coaching-candidates.html

this guy intrigues me

Sean McDermott – Defensive Coordinator, Philadelphia Eagles
McDermott is considered an up and comer, but must make sure he doesn’t get hired too early. He’s young and has a lot of energy. His work ethic is tremendous and he’s very smart. He learned a lot under the late veteran coordinator Jim Johnson and being exposed to the big picture organization of Andy Reid is a plus.

That's a good suggestion. I follow the Eagles somewhat when I'm in Jersey and McDermott has pleasantly surprised the people who didn't think he'd be able to keep Jim Johnson's defense rolling right along. Might be hiring him too early (see McDaniels in Denver) so there could be growing pains, but if you get the right guy it's worth it in the long run. You can spend a decade with the wrong one(s). McDermott has been working in a solid system with Andy Reid, so that experience is a plus.

I want someone young and brilliant

had enough of the retarded cheerleader type

I don't see Cowher going any place other than Carolina
unless Marino can do a sell job on the phins.

The interesting thing here is coaches like holmgren
gruden and cowher will have great leverage because of Dallas
non IMO want Dallas but they will "use" Dallas

gruden seems to me the high reward high risk choice
his resume is a mixed bag...in oak he had very good teams
built by al Davis in Tampa he won with a team rich mckay
put together but slowly eroded under the gruden-Allen watch

so I have my reservations regarding gruden

holmgren has the better track record in terms of finding QBs
and if your like me it starts and stops with the QB
then holmgren maybe a better choice

College coaches are usually NEVER successful in the NFL. Say no to Harbaugh.

I say Cowher, Gruden, Billick.

Back
Top Bottom