So Why is Harbaugh a Slam Dunk? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So Why is Harbaugh a Slam Dunk?

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
After all Pete Carroll was pretty successful in college too right? I think we would all agree that he has a far superior resume than Harbaugh, with some previous NFL experience to boot. Carroll also had a veteran QB in place in Seattle and could "only" muster a 7-9 record, playoff berth notwithstanding in that putrid division. What makes the Harbaugh more than the flavor of the day? Hey I want to be as excited as anybody but if we learned anything from Sparano and the players he coached is that the Rah Rah approach doesn't work very well in the NFL when it comes to motivating these highly paid athletes. Do we know anything about Harbaugh's X's and O's or motivational skills at the next level other than he was an ex-NFL player? I guess we all shall soon find out....................:hclap:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the set up is perfect. A good offensive/qbs coach is what we need right now to compliment our top 10 defense. His brother has had great success so far, and we got the hot commodity in the coaching pool right now. Big gamble, but I think it'll pay off.

GO FINZ

He's not a slam dunk, he has alot to prove but w/ his pedigree and his sucess as an ***'t and the great job he did at Stanford I'd be willing to bet he is a successful NFL HC. How successful? only time will tell but it's a good hire.

Have to agree with junc here. Time will tell. If indeed Ross lands him, we have to give him credit for getting his guy. Regardless of what happens in the next few years, its his team and he wants Harbaugh.

There are no slam dunks. Every time any team hires a new head coach, there's a feeling a Super Bowl is on the horizon.

Back
Top Bottom