Solving Problems in the Air Should Be Top Priority for Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Solving Problems in the Air Should Be Top Priority for Miami Dolphins

fisi

Active Roster
Reaction score
PASS OFFENSEOne of the main problems for the Dolphins was finding the end zone. Miami finished the season ranked 27th in scoring offense, putting up an underwhelming 18 points per contest.

PASS DEFENSE
While the Dolphins have not been able to make things happen through the air on offense, the team's secondary has been just as ineffective in defending against the air attack last season.

The team's lackluster backfield got scorched time and time again last season, allowing 248.4 yards per game to finish 27th in pass defense.

It can get anymore simpler for the Dolphins.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/solving-problems-air-top-priority-miami-dolphins-154200470--nfl.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/solving-problems-air-top-priority-miami-dolphins-154200470--nfl.html

I would take banks in round one and honey badger in round 3. Put those two with Smith and we are sorted at CB.

Then sign Jennings, resign Hartline and draft a WR in rounds two and 3 and WR is sorted as well.

Resign fasano and sign Finley.

Banks and honey badger in the slot would be solid. We need playmakers, badly and both of them are solid. Xavier Rhodes would be an option as well.

I would take banks in round one and honey badger in round 3. Put those two with Smith and we are sorted at CB.

Then sign Jennings, resign Hartline and draft a WR in rounds two and 3 and WR is sorted as well.

Resign fasano and sign Finley.

I wish I thought Philbin would be on board in signing either HoneyBadger OR Finley, but I don't see him doing it. Hope I'm wrong.

If the Jets trade Rhodes and the Bills have released their top dbs so far that could spell problems for the Dolphins becaue both of these clubs will be looking for corners as well and they are both picking ahead of us.

I wish I thought Philbin would be on board in signing either HoneyBadger OR Finley.

Honey badger isnt a bad person or a huge problem child 24/7 he had a drug issue, if he is genuinely over that then I would give him a chance. The Dolphins have already started doing their homework on him and he met the entire scouting staff + Ireland and Philbin at the senior bowl, I wouldnt rule out the possibility.

As for Finley, Philbin knows him better than anyone and the two apparantly have a good relationship, I think if he gets cut he will be a Dolphin.

Yes exactly. This will be directly related to our franchise qb's development too. Why stunt him or handicap him?
We finally got what we wanted, a franchise qb, now let's get him some franchise worthy targets.

The reality is, imo, we are not going to be able to fix all our problems in one offseason.
Now we can technically upgrade all those problems with guys, but it will be with a bunch of above-average type players, and that's the short way to mediocrity.
Let's take this offseason, and actually turn our wr's into a strength on this team.
Not the ''we got a guy so we don't have to worry about that position'' way.

As far as I am concerned, the defense can sink or swim until we have some actual good wr's on this team. I'm that fed up with our offense.
I can't watch even 1 more game with our offense the way it was last year. It broke me down.

Get Patterson And Hunter and be done with the wr problems once and for all.

I wish I thought Philbin would be on board in signing either HoneyBadger OR Finley, but I don't see him doing it. Hope I'm wrong.

If Philbin does not pursue Finley, I have full faith in his judgement. Fans complained when we didn't sign Matt Flynn, but I fear we may have over payed for him if Philbin was not here, and now Seattle is stuck with paying him $10m a year to hold a clipboard...it's highway robbery. Luckily for Seattle, they're talented enough to overcome that situation. Philbin knows much more than us fans think we do, especially when it comes to former Packer players. If we aren't active in the Finley market, it's most likely for good reason.

Nolan Carroll, Sean Smith and Richard Marshall + empty room + poison gas= pass defense solved.

I believe the correct way to build this team is to build it so they can beat the teams in the AFC east first and foremost
This is why I believe a consistent pass rush should be one of our priorities.

Even if we load up on corners Brady will pick them apart until we pressure him and knock him on his azz
more often than what we have been doing in the past we will always be playing for #2

As far as loading up on wide receivers, which we do need improvement
I don't see this team going from 288 points scored to anywhere near New Englands 557 points scored

We have to make Brady and other teams QBs lives a living hell
and all it takes is getting Wake some help on the other side
WAKE IS AMAZING BUT EVEN HE CAN'T DO IT ALL BY HIMSELF.
We're in the process of pissing away his talent by NOT giving him help

We DO need improvement with our wide receivers and corners but we also need to improve our pass rush
with not only sacks but more important QB pressures and hits

Having Brady and his "happy feet" spending more time on the turf instead of standing in the pocket
for 4-5 seconds would do wonders for this defense/secondary/team.

DB is the easiest postion to hide in the NFL. Pash rush is where it's at honestly. We need some wrs that can get seperation, we need a guard, maybe two and a tackle. With those additions we're in the wild card hunt for sure.

I believe the correct way to build this team is to build it so they can beat the teams in the AFC east first and foremost
This is why I believe a consistent pass rush should be one of our priorities.

Even if we load up on corners Brady will pick them apart until we pressure him and knock him on his azz
more often than what we have been doing in the past we will always be playing for #2

As far as loading up on wide receivers, which we do need improvement
I don't see this team going from 288 points scored to anywhere near New Englands 557 points scored

We have to make Brady and other teams QBs lives a living hell
and all it takes is getting Wake some help on the other side
WAKE IS AMAZING BUT EVEN HE CAN'T DO IT ALL BY HIMSELF.
We're in the process of pissing away his talent by NOT giving him help

We DO need improvement with our wide receivers and corners but we also need to improve our pass rush
with not only sacks but more important QB pressures and hits

Having Brady and his "happy feet" spending more time on the turf instead of standing in the pocket
for 4-5 seconds would do wonders for this defense/secondary/team.

Cosigned, however this team cannot afford any more 1st round busts, Mingo/Jordan better be the real deal if we hit on either.

what about trying to get kruger? they can sign bolden kruger and reed. it sounds more and more like kruger is going to be let go

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

cant*

Back
Top Bottom