Some Cardinals fans want Joey and his cancerous "leadership" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Cardinals fans want Joey and his cancerous "leadership"

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
i was just over at a Cardinals forum to see what they were talkin about in regards to Boldin, Rolle & Dansby.

I saw a thread titled "Joey wants to be traded" and heres some of the peoples posts about Joey starting with the original post.

I know Joey Porter is old, but we are gonna need a LB with Dansby leaving......yes the Cards will let him walk. Plus with all this Boldin trade talk (him being from Pahokee) and Rolle wantin back in South Florida throw in some draft pics to the Cards and it may work. Does Joey and Wiz have good or bad history?

41 tackles this season and 9 sacks

He's an OLB

- you may have an interesting idea...

I orig. thought no way....but...now I say
salute-1.gif

As long as they threw in a pick...maybe a 3rd rounder.

I like porter, but at his age he would just be a stop-gap at OLB. I think this draft has a lot of talent at LB...and I think this is our chance to add some young talent to our defense. If We trade Boldin, I would want to add a pick in the first 3 rounds.

What about a deal like this....I dont know if Miami would take it.

Boldin-2nd-3rd
for
Porter-2nd-3rd

We dont gain any picks...but we swap picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds...moving up about 14 slots in each round. We get a starting OLB and that higher 2nd round pick might put us in the reach of Brandon Spikes, Brandon Graham, Charles Brown, Jermain Gresham, Daryl Washington, Kyle Wilson ect...some of the fringe 1st/2nd round guys. I think most of those guys listed would be gone by #58.

Miami gets a true #1 receiver and doesn't lose any picks. Do you think they would take a deal like that?

I would take Joey Porter in a heart beat age aint nothing but a number he is a true leader on there defense, look at what Ray Lewis is doing at his age. He may not be the answer but he's way better than Dansby ever will be enough said
go20cardinals-1.gif

Boldin for Porter and a 4th anyone?

Somehow I just don't see Whiz letting a cancer into our locker room. But the fact he's a exSteeler can change everything

How is he a cancer?

Nothing wrong with the trash he talks, he usually backs it up too! I would love for our team to start talking back when the other teams do it to us.

Could you imagine him and dock? ha

If he's under contract for 2 more years at that price than I think it's a great deal for us. He would start at OLB for us no doubt. I don't think he would be underused. We could get him...let him play for the 2 years and by the time his contract is up we SHOULD have developed some younger players.

As far as him being a cancer...I don't think its true. Maybe "loudmouth" would be more appropriate, but like someone else said...he usually backs it up. I don't remember any problems Porter had with is own teammates...and I think he could fit in pretty well here.

If we could work out a Boldin deal with Miami that would land us Porter and a pick....or like I suggested earlier...swapping a couple picks with them...I think it would be the best deal we could get. We get a starter at a position of need, improve our draft status, Dont have to use any of our FA money (it would be an almost even salary swap with Boldin) and perhaps most importantly.....send Boldin to an AFC team. I like it!! Lets get it done Graves!

So, pay Joey the $1 million roster bonus then ship him plus a 4th round pick to Arizona for Boldin.
i don't know about that Nubs,i'd do a player for player swap with Arizona...Porter for Boldin straight up and keep our picks...call me crazy,but i just like the idea of building our team through the draft...only way i'd send a pick is if the pick was a 6th or 7th..you know,a bottom of the draft pick...not a top of the draft or middle of the draft pick..but that's just me...

Boldin is worth Porter and a 4th. This is one of the more realistic trades I've read around these parts. Make it happen Ireland!

Joey, Ginny and Gibril for Karlos, Anquan and Antrel!!!

Getter Done!:thanks:

Joey, Ginny and Gibril for Karlos, Anquan and Antrel!!!

Getter Done!:thanks:

How are they going to trade an unrestricted free agent? And why would Parcells choose to pick up the astronomical bonus Rolle is set to receive? Why would they want Wilson when they have a Probowler at the position?

These trade scenarios are fun, but at least a small attempt at being realistic would be nice...

How are they going to trade an unrestricted free agent? And why would Parcells choose to pick up the astronomical bonus Rolle is set to receive? Why would they want Wilson when they have a Probowler at the position?

These trade scenarios are fun, but at least a small attempt at being realistic would be nice...

I've got a bunch of other posts that are more realistic. That one was tongue-in-cheek.

Is this not the exact same thing we have on our own dolphin message boards about Brandon Marshall? Im sure Broncos fans are making the same posts about us.

Is this not the exact same thing we have on our own dolphin message boards about Brandon Marshall? Im sure Broncos fans are making the same posts about us.

difference is...Marshall doesnt suck and isnt old.

from a chargers forum

Was just listening to WFAN in NY and they had Joey Porter on. Mike Francesa asked him what teams he was looking to be on next year and he said that he would like to be out west, but can play anywhere. After that when Mike asked him what teams he was really looking into, he replied Arizona and SD...lol. No way he becomes a charger!

It would be awesome to see him in lightning bolts, and I think he is a great player.

But yeah, not gonna happen.

i'd love to see porter as a charger

he'd immediately be our best pass rusher

Porter would be a GREAT addition to our team. He is a true field General that can cover sideline to sideline. He would help secure our edges but we NEED a DE that can take up 2 blockers on the edge and still have mobility. Olshansky was good for that but hes' gone and was declining in play anyways. Still we should look for another brute type like that in the draft that maybe can play DT as well. If we draft towards DT or DE i'd be happy. IT would be nice to get a DE that can rush the passer as well although in the 3-4 htats not his main job it would still be nice. Also another solide ILB would be good some1 superior in ability to cooper. Maybe another RB. A big back though to give this team some toughness.

A Joey Porter pick up would be a good investment to build depth in that position. LETHAL.

Trade a trash talker who can't back it up in big games with a 3rd, for a trash talker that does back it up in big games.

In other words, Shaun Phillips and a 3rd for Joey Porter?
wink-2.gif

What would you guys think about Porter strait up for Phillips. They are only about 2 or 3 years apart in age, and Porter actually wants to be there. He is a monster pass rusher, and would give a good example and some playoff exp to our team, along with be a mentor (in terms of on the field, not off it) with our young pass rushers (Merriman, English, Applewhite, maybe a draftee). I wouldn't mind doing that trade.

I'd take Porter in a heartbeat.

He'd be on a winning team again (motivation for him to perform)

And we already have a bunch of talkers, why not get one that backs it up more often than not?

Where's our defensive leadership? Well, it could be Joey Porter. I'm all for it.

I would gamble on Porter. He is a stud and brings it every play

he's a great athlete, and a good leader, even if he does put up locker room bulletins and talks trash. better than this soft front 7 we got right now !

if we can get him on a two year deal, that'd be ideal .

Idk, he's good just old so I don't know if he'll last all that long.

Jerry Porter is possibly the most disruptive player in the NFL. When he's focused, he makes a huge difference on the field and backs up his smack talk. When he's upset about playing time or his role, he lets everyone know about it and becomes a big distraction.

He is a high risk, high reward type player. He wouldn't get the playing time he's looking for if we kept English, Phillips and/or Merriman. If we trade Merriman, Porter could come in and be a real force for 2-3 seasons.

I would say HELL yes! He is the leader this team needs. He will not allow the type of crap to go on that has wrecked this team over the last few years. This team lacks an aggressive leader. Joey would get in the face of alot of young immature players in need of his "guidance". Find a way A.J.!!!!

Back
Top Bottom