Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts

Here is interesting scenario Chubb, Minkah, Derwin gone- board looks like:
Quentin Nelson
Orlando Brown
R. Smith
What do we do?
If you have them graded similar, see if you can go back two spots. Pick up something extra and get whichever one is left

I hope we don't trade up. We never win on those trades. Smith will be there at 11 and we will NOT take him imo

Ozzy rules!!

Which was a huge mistake. If the the top FS is there for Miami They could always draft him and trade McDonald
Better trading #20 R Jones. Hes older but with a pro bowl somebody might take a flyer especially if the dolphins threw in a 6th rounder

Better trading #20 R Jones. Hes older but with a pro bowl somebody might take a flyer especially if the dolphins threw in a 6th rounder
Or keep all 3. The league is going towards more 3 safety packages. Apparently we want to use McDonald as a Hybrid which would open up a spot for a free safety. That would be ideal to me.

No you wouldn't with The NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement
How about suspending players for a quarter of the following game. Allow one penalty per player per game & a quarter suspensions for every penalty after that. At least until the problem is fixed

How about suspending players for a quarter of the following game. Allow one penalty per player per game & a quarter suspensions for every penalty after that. At least until the problem is fixed

Only if you are ok with playing depth players, with the drop off in play, to make your point -- and risk games... (e.g., not likely)

After all the investments at WR, we still don't have a true #1 franchise WR. If anything is going to open up the offense, its this.....along with a seam threat TE of course. It's not unheard of for a a WR to break out in year 4. It used to be the norm....I'm tired of waiting for Parker but picture this....

We re-sign Landry to a big contract, Parker breaks out this year and then his contract is up after the season. We probably cannot afford to pay all three guys so we probably need to draft a guy to play on a cheap rookie deal. Stills is locked up until 2020.

I would hope Miami would never be stupid enough to move up to draft a running back. I don't care who that running back is. Hell, I don't even like the idea of drafting a running backs in the first round let alone trading up for one.

Rare talent is rare talent regardless of position. You wouldn't trade up for the next leveon bell?

Granted RBs are easier to find so if you bust on an early one it's a little harder to swallow, but assuming Barkley is really that good there's no reason to avoid him just because he plays rb

and this is how you climb into the top 6

by going out there and showing off that howlitzer and having mayock say things like "teams just want to see him spin it"

I feel bad for whoever is gonna throw it with him in that setting ...it's gonna be like minor leagues

so here's a question with regards to minkah...if you are drafting him as a top 5 bpa where are you playing him? cause there's an awful lot nickel slot corner on this 2017 tape....and that isn't great bang for your top 5 grade buck

with ramsey he was drafted top 5 to play boundary corner...with minkah are you package playing him in different spots like bama used him or are you putting him at free and also having him man up the slot in the nickel? or are you going the boundary corner route?

obviously he's a jack of many trades...

Back
Top Bottom