Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts

There’s a big difference in terms of pressure on a gm and expectations even in a top 12 pick de and a top say 22 one.

No doubt, and I think the guys I mentioned are pretty low risk, even if they aren't a top need. I think we will also get some trade offers for pick 11. I think there will be some top 10 talent available at pick 11.

No doubt, and I think the guys I mentioned are pretty low risk, even if they aren't a top need. I think we will also get some trade offers for pick 11. I think there will be some top 10 talent available at pick 11.

Those dts are good players vea may be the most risky cause a lot of that grade is rediculous athlete for his size. I also like nnati for flo state at dt and Lewis for Ohio state. All 5 top 50s

But I got a top 50 that’s playing good football and a dt in godchaux that looks like he can anchor handle double teams and do dirty work plus a flash guy that fits the scheme to a t. Are any alphas I don’t know maybe not but I got 2018 to firm that up

Florida evidently also has a player at dt

If we say assume at minimum 3 QBs and Barkley certainly go top 10, here is my Miami early top 7, no partiular order, come at me:

Orlando Brown
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Bradley Chubb
Derwin James
Roquan Smith
Quentin Nelson
Courtland Sutton

Would be estatic with any of the above and each realistic except perhaps Nelson. They just don't value Interior OL.
Outside looking in but real close: Daron Payne, Denzel Ward.

If we say assume at minimum 3 QBs and Barkley certainly go top 10, here is my Miami early top 7, no partiular order, come at me:

Orlando Brown
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Bradley Chubb
Derwin James
Roquan Smith
Quentin Nelson
Courtland Sutton

Would be estatic with any of the above and each realistic except perhaps Nelson. They just don't value Interior OL.
Outside looking in but real close: Daron Payne, Denzel Ward.

A good player should be there , as Zounds said-top 10 worthy ish I think, with all those QB’s going. Imagine if Chubb was there? I can’ t see that though.

Guice will go top 10 too. So essentially that's 5 offensive players we don't want. Half of the top 10 guys who we don't want

Let’s assume miamis not in tbe Orlando brown or Quenton Nelson top pick market.

Give me two more names

If Chubb was there it'd be a no brainer but I just can't see it unless a video pops up on youtube about him like it did with Tunsil. I agree that there will be talent on the board when our number comes up. Question is, will we pick or will we move down for extra picks? If they have 4 or 5 guys on their board with about the same value then we could move down a few spot and get an extra 3rd round pick which we can really use. At least one or two DT's will be there at 11 that some team might really want. That could be our chance.

Ozzy rules!!

Let’s assume miamis not in tbe Orlando brown or Quenton Nelson top pick market.

Give me two more names
If Landry leave then I give you two names.......Sutton and Ridley. Both are explosive players. If we don't want to go WR and they're both there then expect to get offers for that pick

Ozzy rules!!

If Landry leave then I give you two names.......Sutton and Ridley. Both are explosive players. If we don't want to go WR and they're both there then expect to get offers for that pick

Ozzy rules!!

Ridley will be a 2nd round pick..

He's good, but the WR's this year aren't great.

I think 2 names that aren’t getting much attention as potential @ #11 are both the kids from Clemson at DL. And I also think Nelson is getting too over looked as a non factor at #11.

I think the dt vea might get up there if he shreds the combine at 350 lbs

Teams love 350 lb dancing bears

11 might be a good spot for somebody to fall. Presumably 2 RBs and 3 QBs are going top 10

I think the dt vea might get up there if he shreds the combine at 350 lbs

Teams love 350 lb dancing bears

I've seen rumors that he'll run a sub-5.0 40 and jump 33". If true, he probably will go in that range. That's rich for me, given his play at Washington and given that athleticism only goes so far inside. He's good and flashes dominant traits, but Harrison Phillips is a better player today - by a comfortable margin. Despite his athleticism, Vea has been more of a space-eater than a playmaker, and I think it's hard to justify a premium pick for that.

There are also rumors that Vander Esch will run in the 4.6s and jump 37". I believe it, and with his frame and instincts, that type of performance would put him in that range.

Marcus Davenport and DeShon Elliott are two others who I see as likely to move into that range.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom