Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts

Mayfield may be a douchebag, but he is lighting Georgia up right now.

With each plays I'm starting to like Smith less and less. I was wanting to see him making plays out there but he's been a non factor so far

Ozzy rules!!

Agree about Smith. As far as taking a guard.....if we didn't take one when we took Harris last year then I highly doubt they'd take one at 11 if at all in the first round

Ozzy rules!!
SD took Feeney and Lamp last year and are more than likely going to go with McGlintchy this year they will have half of that line sewed up. It makes it so much easier when its done and you have huge gaping holes for your RB to run through. It is a tough pill to swallow but it needs to be done unless you are going to spend it in FA, which we probably not going to do.

ROSE BOWL (5 p.m., Monday)

Oklahoma

#78 OT Orlando Brown (24th overall, first-rounder) — Successor to Ja’Wuan James? (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#6 QB Baker Mayfield (27th overall, first-rounder) — Developmental QB behind Ryan Tannehill? (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#31 LB/DE Obo Okoronkwo (62nd overall, second-rounder) — Miami could use another youthful rusher. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#81 TE Mark Andrews (93rd overall, third-rounder) — Miami needs a TE. This one led OU in catches. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

Georgia

#3 LB Roquan Smith (19th overall, first-rounder) — Athletic. Physical. Yes, please. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#7 LB Lorenzo Carter (47th overall, second-rounder) — Can rush and cover. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#27 RB Nick Chubb (60th overall, second-rounder) — Rebounded from knee injury. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

SUGAR BOWL (8:45 p.m., Monday)

Clemson

#42 DE Christian Wilkins (9th overall, first-rounder) — Can rush inside and out. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#99 DE/LB Clelin Ferrell (18th overall, first-rounder) — Can rush and cover. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#75 OT Mitch Hyatt (96th overall, third-rounder) — Former top HS recruit. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

Alabama

#29 S Minkah Fitzpatrick (4th overall, first-rounder) — Awesome instincts; versatility. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#3 WR Calvin Ridley (7th overall, first-rounder) — Luxury pick, but comps to Amari Cooper. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#15 S Ronnie Harrison (22nd overall, first-rounder) — Free safety range. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#28 CB Anthony Averett (42nd overall, second-rounder) — Luxury pick, but never enough corners. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#9 RB Bo Scarbrough (46th overall, second-rounder) — Power back. Compliments Kenyan Drake. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#34 RB Damien Harris (74th overall, third-rounder) — 8.2 yards per carry. Seriously. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#9 DE Da’Shawn Hand (86th overall, third-rounder) — Former mega-recruit. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...i-dolphins-prospects-to-watch-in-cfb-playoff/

probably couldn't go wrong with any of the position players in that top 15 to be honest

ROSE BOWL (5 p.m., Monday)

Oklahoma

#78 OT Orlando Brown (24th overall, first-rounder) — Successor to Ja’Wuan James? (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#6 QB Baker Mayfield (27th overall, first-rounder) — Developmental QB behind Ryan Tannehill? (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#31 LB/DE Obo Okoronkwo (62nd overall, second-rounder) — Miami could use another youthful rusher. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#81 TE Mark Andrews (93rd overall, third-rounder) — Miami needs a TE. This one led OU in catches. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

Georgia

#3 LB Roquan Smith (19th overall, first-rounder) — Athletic. Physical. Yes, please. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#7 LB Lorenzo Carter (47th overall, second-rounder) — Can rush and cover. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#27 RB Nick Chubb (60th overall, second-rounder) — Rebounded from knee injury. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

SUGAR BOWL (8:45 p.m., Monday)

Clemson

#42 DE Christian Wilkins (9th overall, first-rounder) — Can rush inside and out. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#99 DE/LB Clelin Ferrell (18th overall, first-rounder) — Can rush and cover. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#75 OT Mitch Hyatt (96th overall, third-rounder) — Former top HS recruit. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

Alabama

#29 S Minkah Fitzpatrick (4th overall, first-rounder) — Awesome instincts; versatility. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#3 WR Calvin Ridley (7th overall, first-rounder) — Luxury pick, but comps to Amari Cooper. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#15 S Ronnie Harrison (22nd overall, first-rounder) — Free safety range. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#28 CB Anthony Averett (42nd overall, second-rounder) — Luxury pick, but never enough corners. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#9 RB Bo Scarbrough (46th overall, second-rounder) — Power back. Compliments Kenyan Drake. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#34 RB Damien Harris (74th overall, third-rounder) — 8.2 yards per carry. Seriously. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

#9 DE Da’Shawn Hand (86th overall, third-rounder) — Former mega-recruit. (VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS)

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...i-dolphins-prospects-to-watch-in-cfb-playoff/
Ridley wouldn't be a luxury pick if Landry leaves. If Landry stays then there's no way we go WR in the first 4 rounds if at all

Ozzy rules!!

Roquan Smith seems a little small. He’s hyper athletic, but I question wether he’ll hold up against NFL players. I’m a bit nervous about him. I don’t think he’ll translate well at the NFL level. Nelson, if available is the surer prospect.
You must not like what Ryan Shazier has done in Pittsburgh since he's been in the NFL. They are basically the same player IMO. Shazier is listed at 6-1 230, and Roquan at 6-1 225. Both have top end speed and quickness for lb's and have good instincts. What I've noticed in this game tonight is even when Roquan makes a bad read or takes a false step he still ends up near the ball. I saw several plays in the 2nd quarter where he hesitated towards the middle of the field, noticed a RB flaring out and in a blink of an eye he was out there in good coverage... we don't have a single LB on our team right now who can do that. The 2nd down play late in the half where the Oklahoma RB was on a sweep to the sideline and Roquan sprinted out there, avoiding a blocker, didn't overpursue then squared up and stopped the RB dead in his tracks was a thing of beauty and all I need to see to be sold. That's another play nobody currently on our team makes.

You do NOT waste a pick on a QB especially with all the holes we need to fix. A dream scenario is fixing the O-line once and for all and if that means taking Nelson so be it, as it is never to early to build up front. Ask Dallas if it is a big deal to have a strong o-line especially how awful they looked when they lost their LT this season.

No such thing as wasting a pick on a QB. The Dolphins are a Ryan Tannehill setback away from irrelevancy at QB for two straight years. And taking a QB in front of Buffalo or the Jets would be an off-season win.

No such thing as wasting a pick on a QB. The Dolphins are a Ryan Tannehill setback away from irrelevancy at QB for two straight years. And taking a QB in front of Buffalo or the Jets would be an off-season win.

The Jets are picking ahead of us so how are we beating them to a QB?

Andrews looks a bit sluggish out there. Baker has the goods to be a solid NFL QB, but measurables already a knock, plus attitude and off the field . . . .could see him there at 11 easily.

Smith I mean he is in the conversation at 11 no question, but this GA defense is getting torched out here.

There’s zero chance of taking a safety. We must extended jones and McDonald.

TJ's deal is super cheap and easy to get out of. He was brought in to give the team more hybrid looks and maybe even as a coverage guy on TEs . . . We had both FS go down and had no chance to utilize that strategy.

TJ and Jones being resigned should have zero effect on this team grabbing a FS.

James is enough of an athlete to be that guy, but damn he could be Eric Berry like at SS.

Back
Top Bottom