Some good news for McCardell fans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some good news for McCardell fans

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Reaction score
The Bucs are about to sign Tim Brown, according to a couple different reports.
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/08/10/Bucs/Reports__Brown_says_y.shtml
http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGBRUYVFPXD.html
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...g10,1,7911491.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines

Here's a paragraph (about halfway down the article) from the St. Pete Times article...

McCardell is on the did-not-report list, meaning his $2.5-million salary currently does not count against the salary cap. McCardell has asked for his release. Allen said he has no plans to waive or trade the veteran, but he would not rule it out.

"I hate absolutes, you know that, but I wouldn't say one way or another," Allen said.

"We're not making the choice of Keenan sitting out. That's Keenan's decision. As far as we're concerned, we care about the guys who are here and working."

The Dolphins, who lost receiver David Boston to a season-ending knee injury, would seem to be a likely suitor for McCardell.

Take note, of course, that the writer of the article is only speculating, not saying that it's in the works.

As I said in another thread, I don't think signing Antonio Freeman rules out a run at McCardell. Freeman would, ideally, be a 3rd receiver and working out of the slot. McCardell would start. If the Bucs released him (and it looks like it's at least a possibility), I don't think we could go wrong in bringing him in.

I think getting McKardell would be huge for this team! He would fill Bostons spot nicely, but I'm not getting my hopes up because I don't see it happening just because it would be good for the team and that's not how the season is going so far! :(

shalafi3455 said:
I think getting McKardell would be huge for this team! He would fill Bostons spot nicely, but I'm not getting my hopes up because I don't see it happening just because it would be good for the team and that's not how the season is going so far! :(
Come on now, something positive has to happen, right? I will still hope and hey maybe there is a silver lining to this cloud that seems to have just settled over the Dolphins this off-season.

i dont think we could afford both McArdell and Freeman, but i may be wronmg...

Oboy said:
Come on now, something positive has to happen, right? I will still hope and hey maybe there is a silver lining to this cloud that seems to have just settled over the Dolphins this off-season.

I sure hope so man :pray: I just keep seeing that cloud over the stadium getting darker!
clear.gif

Levi said:
i dont think we could afford both McArdell and Freeman, but i may be wronmg...

Freeman will probably sign for the veteran minimum or close to it. If McCardell is cut, he figures to come down from his demand for $2.5 million. We could probably afford both, given the fact that both Ogunleye and Chambers will likely have low starting salaries this year with their contract extensions. (Yes, I know Ogunleye hasn't officially signed yet, but I think it's happening this week.)

If Keenan is cut, we should be the first after him, and I think we will be. I think a trade is too harsh, because you take on both the lose of a player/draft pick, and a decent contract. Keenan is not worth his salary right now, but I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Dolphins Uniform. We have to hope he is cut. Freeman would make minimum salary, but who knows if he will make the team. I think if we do sign him, it's more to see how he competes with the younger guys.

If Keenan is cut we better hook him and get him in the boat not like Tait or Woody, we need to GET this guy. If we can get Freeman and McCardell then we will have done a superb job of replenishing the recieving corp. Man if I was Wayne I'd be screaming to get these players in here so the product we put on the field this year is the top quality, competitive product Dolphin fans are used to. If we suck the sellouts stop in a hurry.

If he's on the market we should most definately snatch him up. I know the Bronco's are going to be interested, because of their lack of WR's too. Watts last night showed some flashes, but showed some drops too.

Back
Top Bottom