Some info for those who wanted Rod Gardner | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some info for those who wanted Rod Gardner

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Panthers | Gardner Will Cost Sixth-round Draft Choice
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 16:42:19 -0700

Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports the Carolina Panthers will give up a sixth-round draft choice in 2006 to the Washington Redskins for WR Rod Gardner if Gardner passes a physical with the team Thursday, July 28. Sources also noted the compensation is also conditional on Gardner making the team's roster. The Panthers will be responsible for $2 million base salary for Gardner, who is in the final year of his initial contract.

popularwar said:
I personally never saw what was so great about him.

He isn't a very good player. A 6th round pick for him is about right.

he has really good hands wat qb did he have comon, people could say the same about our wrs

Good move to pick up another WR. They have a nice little trio of WRs. Steve Smith could be a big target along with Kerry Colbert and Gardner.

They were trying to palm him off to us during the Speilman era for a second or third round pick.We ended up getting Booker and that was the end of that.TG.

MikeO said:
He isn't a very good player. A 6th round pick for him is about right.

Man are you kidding me?

Gardner is a good reciever, a 6th round pick for him is a straight steal.. Great move for the Panthers

TexasFinFan said:
Man are you kidding me?

Gardner is a good reciever, a 6th round pick for him is a straight steal.. Great move for the Panthers

So you are saying Joe Gibbs doesn't know what he is doing? And the Redskins have been trying to trade a "good" player for 2 years and finally settled on letting this "Good" player go for a stikin 6th round pick??

MikeO said:
So you are saying Joe Gibbs doesn't know what he is doing? And the Redskins have been trying to trade a "good" player for 2 years and finally settled on letting this "Good" player go for a stikin 6th round pick??

personally, i really don't think joe gibbs has a clue anymore.

a 6th rounder would be good for him, i agree, but they also have to pick up his salary, which he isnt worth

The Redskins have to make salary cap room and had to move Gardner. Everyone knew it. They held on as long as they could and a sixth round pick is better than nothing.

Saban4prez said:
personally, i really don't think joe gibbs has a clue anymore.
I agree.

I live near Baltimore, Redskins aren't a bad team to watch if Miami isn't on the Ticket at the same time, even though they never live up to their expectations. I see many games and can say without a homer perspective or bias, Gardner is worth more than a damn 6th rounder. Sometimes it isn't always about the team, y aknow, players can just say they dont want to play their anymore. And WRs are a dime a dozen and can be found in the rough, that's why teams don't give up high draft choices.

...in fact, not many teams give up high picks anymore period unless they are getting a superstar or #1 pick.

MikeO said:
It could be that all he needs is a change of scenery...

Back
Top Bottom