Some interesting cuts around the league | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some interesting cuts around the league

In terms of offensive linemen getting cut, the only notable name I've seen is Max Jean-Gilles, but he's the kind of guy who puts a pretty big strain on your buffet service and your sewage system, so I'm not sure the Dolphins will go for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacob Ford cut by the Titans might make a good situational pass rusher.

I don't trust JT to finish the season at his age, and the other backup OLB's are good against the run and Misi is good in coverage as well, but we could use another decent pass rusher.

In fact we could use a couple good pass rushers. Ike Francis and Trusnik are worthless at pass rushing.

You talking about Scotty McKnight? I'm surprised they're keeping Turner over him.

Yes, him. And yeah, I'm surprised also. The guy must reeaaally suck. Turner is so bad he makes your quarterback worse just throwing to him.

In terms of offensive linemen getting cut, the only notable name I've seen is Max Jean-Gilles, but he's the kind of guy who puts a pretty big strain on your buffet service and your sewage system, so I'm not sure the Dolphins will go for it.

everybody look out...magoos on a roll today...taking no prisoners...well played my friend well played...

jean gilles probably also weighs 400 lbs right now...he looks like a guy who if he takes off any time conditioning wise he'd have corn dog calves

One guy in how many years and they didn't even lose him. Holmes got traded cause he was an idiot

I don't follow the Steelers track record on cuts and who picks them up but I do remember them cutting Harrison. How many guys has Miami cut have gone on to become a star like Harrison? Aromoshadu had a run and Armstrong is sticking . . . I see Vickerson doing his thing every once in a while, sure I'm probably missing some names, but yea, I don't think you are gonna find superstars in the cut line, you are just hoping for a guy who can help your team who maybe got cut because of a numbers game.

I think the Green Bay TE situation bears watching. Also what RB's come available, especially short yardage backs and speedsters. Obviously OLine will be looked at, all across the board if I'm Miami. Pass rushers, returners, wide receivers . . . we can always look to see whats out there.

Josh McCown was also cut today by the 49ers, which means that a guy we had penciled in to start at one point a few years ago just lost a quarterback competition to Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick.

Taylor interesting but I say there is something interesting about a guy who is trying to redeem his career. Larry made a nice run the other night.

I agree, and even though Taylor can be a good player, if Johnson is on, and still has some gas in the tank, he could be a very good player to have in case Thomas is not ready

I don't follow the Steelers track record on cuts and who picks them up but I do remember them cutting Harrison. How many guys has Miami cut have gone on to become a star like Harrison? Aromoshadu had a run and Armstrong is sticking . . . I see Vickerson doing his thing every once in a while, sure I'm probably missing some names, but yea, I don't think you are gonna find superstars in the cut line, you are just hoping for a guy who can help your team who maybe got cut because of a numbers game.

I think the Green Bay TE situation bears watching. Also what RB's come available, especially short yardage backs and speedsters. Obviously OLine will be looked at, all across the board if I'm Miami. Pass rushers, returners, wide receivers . . . we can always look to see whats out there.

Fred Evans has also stuck on Minny's roster. But... this crap happens. San Diego cut Welker before we signed him. Murtha was cut by someone, I believe, before we signed him. There aren't enough roster spots to go around and it takes some guys either a while or a wakeup call to develop.

kaepernicks treated the ball like a hot potato all preseason...he's been one handing the rock in all kinds of traffic...he'll be on ir if he gets any run this year...he'll never hold up playin the way he's tryin to play at this level

Josh McCown was also cut today by the 49ers, which means that a guy we had penciled in to start at one point a few years ago just lost a quarterback competition to Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick.

Such Irony, A former candidate to start for the Dolphins, lost a QB battle to 2 QB's that at one time Miami was considering very highly in the draft, both of whom are coached by a guy Miami wanted to coach their team :lol:

Fred Evans has also stuck on Minny's roster. But... this crap happens. San Diego cut Welker before we signed him. Murtha was cut by someone, I believe, before we signed him. There aren't enough roster spots to go around and it takes some guys either a while or a wakeup call to develop.

don't forget whats been our nemesis of late rob ninkovich in new england...somehow that guys making it work...i don't know how but he's doing it for beli

fred evans should have stuck on our roster and so should have kevin vickerson at the time...i have no idea why we cut both those guys...they were nfl players

kaepernicks treated the ball like a hot potato all preseason...he's been one handing the rock in all kinds of traffic...he'll be on ir if he gets any run this year...he'll never hold up playin the way he's tryin to play at this level

Also, he's thrown like 5 INTs and no touchdowns. But... I'm sure a certain poster will be quick to find out that John Elway threw 6 INTs and no touchdowns in his first preseason as proof that Kaepernick will have a Hall of Famer career superior to Elway's. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom