Some news from Omar Kelly

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by spiketex, May 15, 2017.

1. spiketex

spiketex Kiko Alonso - El Bravo 47 the yappy chihuahua Super Donator Donator

I detest Omar's know-it-all attitude but I picked up a few things from his latest video update (it was prepared before Damien Williams re-signed, because he thought DW was worth more than the $1.8M offered).

(1) He sees William Hayes moving from DE to DT on 3rd downs to allow Cam Wake and Charles Harris to rush the passer from both sides of the line. I just figured Wake, Hayes, Branch and Harris would be in rotation as DE's. I was unaware that Hayes played some DT for the Rams. Omar sees William Hayes as being Miami's best new addition to the team (but he also liked Legadu Naanee).

(2) Coach Gase has said that Leonte Carroo will be given more specific role rather than try to backup all receivers and Omar thinks that it will be DeVante Parker's backup.

(3) Omar has put some numbers to what he expects Jarvis Landry to get - (Reshad Jones numbers) - $60M over 5 years with $28M guaranteed. I don't know if Omar is just floating this on Jarvis' behalf but it was the first time I had seen actual projected numbers put to Landry.

(4) Omar said that Darrelle Revis has made contact with Tannenbaum and told him that he's down here in good shape if the Dolphins are interested. Food was very plentiful on "The Island" in 2016 and he looked slow (he had a bigger butt than Mike Pouncey), but apparently Revis has been reported as shedding over 14 lbs and is now in good shape. He will be paid $6M under the terms of getting cut from the Jets, regardless of whether he plays this season. Interesting that Omar has suggested that Revis' people approached Tannenbaum, who initially drafted and re-signed him at the Jets.

2. Phinadict

Phinadict And away he goes...

I'm intrigued with Revis for 2017. Wouldn't this be a rare opportunity to bring in a very accomplished vet at the bare minimum and see what he has to offer?

3. royalshank

royalshank Scout Team Finheaven VIP Donator

I would take Revis in a nano second.

Elle Clouds, Anvil35 and ang009 like this.
  4. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

Revis IDK? I just don't.

The Hayes speculation has been out there for some time now. In fact when he signed I seem to remember reading that he could play DT on certain downs and distance.

5. phinfan33

phinfan33 A True Fan

If that's true about Revis, I wouldn't mind it if we signed him. It was only a few short years ago he was seen as the best CB in the NFL, and a lockdown Corner at that. Obviously we don't know how he would do if we did sign him, nor what kind of mentor he'd be for our younger Corners; but they could certainly learn some things from him about how to cover opposing WRs, and imo, signing him would/should strengthen our Secondary even more.

6. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Why do people feel the need to express their ill will feelings on Omar before posting his stuff? I'm not calling out the OP just in general.

7. JayFin327

JayFin327 Well-Known Member Donator

Revis in a fins uniform? Would love to see him pick off Brady a few times.

foozool13 likes this.
  8. jnozag

jnozag Well-Known Member

Julius Thomas will easily be the best addition to this team. Although I love the addition of Hayes, JT's impact will be more easily measured in terms of production.

9. TheJetsBlow

TheJetsBlow A True Fan

Revis is interesting... I wonder if he'd be up for playing safety.

10. PSU Cane

PSU Cane Starter

I'm not sure the FO agress with Omar. If so, why would they reduce his current deal from 2 years to 1 year? They didn't save a whole lot on this year's cap by making the move, so it told me they didn't see him being worth $5M next season.

11. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater Optimist Homer Finheaven VIP

Pre-emptive strike for oncoming poop-storm for mentioning Omar on finheaven...which yeah I agree has gotten a bit worn out (the poop storm).

The pure Dolphins fan in me says screw that we don't need no stinking Revis, let our young guys ball...but if he's still good enough to make the team better then it's probably a good idea to check him out.

gerblack, spiketex and Dolph N.Fan like this.
  12. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

IMO Revis as a CB is over. He's slowed a lot. There's no room at S. IMO I would hire him as a DB coach however. If he is at a place mentally where is ready to make that transition he could really help a team.

Pandarilla and Digital like this.
  13. TeeMoney

TeeMoney Penny Wise and Dollar Dumb Finheaven VIP

It is a special request Omar made, that when you link to, or quote him, you have to remind people that he is a douchebag.

14. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

Revis definitely needed to lose weight, especially at an older age.....if I were him, I'd run into the sun with my money, but the man is a baller, a competitor, and if he wants to play, he should play.

That said, I'd take Revis in a heartbeat, everyone got their kicks off of him being beat like a drum last year (and maybe the year before), but if he has dropped some weight, I think the South Florida heat and a change of scenery would do him well.

Bring him on down, we need a few "rentals" to go deep in the playoffs.

royalshank and VBCheeseGrater like this.
  15. TeeMoney

TeeMoney Penny Wise and Dollar Dumb Finheaven VIP

Let him battle it out for Nickle is all IMO.

Dajesus likes this.
  16. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP

Seems like a no brainer to me that Hayes would move to DT on passing downs and give Phillips a break

John Biello and Sons Of Shula like this.
  17. Ikema

Ikema FinHeaven VIP

Besides that, what I saw in Revis was a player that constantly benefited from the non-call. With that taken away he woke much less than adequate.

18. biggrouper

biggrouper Scout Team

I wouldn't mind seeing Revis come in at the vet minimum and be a Player/coach. he has the experience to teach our young CB's a great deal... He doesn't have to be on the field all the time to help the team.

matt11390 likes this.
  19. psfign

psfign A True Fan

I appreciate it, bc I dont want to click on anything he writes.

20. JakeemThe Dream

JakeemThe Dream Well-Known Member

Ya I always figured we were going to put our 4 best pass rushers on the field while giving fat boy a break.

Hayes is probably our best pick up value wise and what we traded him for. Love our roster

Finally have depth!!

kcbrown and spiketex like this.
  21. mrodriguez4096

mrodriguez4096 Surprise Everyone Fins!!!

While I love the idea of Revis coming in on a vet minimum, he's getting paid 6 million right now to sit at home, competitor or not he's always been about the money.

So I'd doubt he'd take a vet minimum deal knowing he's already got six million reasons not to.

22. napsndreds

napsndreds A True Fan

I do agree we need to get both harris and wake on the field at the same time blizing. But that approach isnt gonna work with brady. Weve tried this on 3rd down. We never get there in time because he knows the blitz is coming so he gets the ball off quickly and comfortably. What we need is the ability to get to the qb on base downs. They need to figure that out

kcbrown likes this.
  23. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

If Revis was in that good of shape I think the Patriots would have brought him back...especially at a bargain price.

24. cafinfan408

cafinfan408 Punching Bag

No one knows who will kick inside or what the front will look like on 3rd and long until those pads come on

25. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

The key to getting to Brady is not to blitz him. You rush 4 and drop everyone else back in coverage. It's how we used to rattle him when Wannstedt was coach and we had a much better defense. Now though the Pats are just as likely to run on 3rd down against us as they are to throw.

Last game of the season, NE first drive...3rd and 6 and Tom Brady picks up the 1st down on a scramble...Tom "slow as molasses in winter" Brady.

kcbrown likes this.
  26. Phinz1972

Phinz1972 Make me a sammich

Reaching out to the guy that drafted you, the guy you basically made look often confused on Hard Knocks and telling them hey you are in town and in shape is about the same as Derek Fisher posting shoot around videos to garner interest to his service. No brainer if we were getting that new to league Revis, hell even Revis of 2-3 years ago but it wouldn't be that, I believe we are looking at Revis of last season more then anything else(I mean he can improve from last season.. not hard to when you play that awful), and that version of Revis is not worth the money nor the hassle.

27. Tiko377

Tiko377 A True Fan

I would be interested in Revis playing safety.

I think the staff is set on Nate Allen doing that tho unless he gets hurt or under performs like crazy.

Revis would want a lot imo & probably more money then Nate Allen

28. mrhankey81701

mrhankey81701 A True Fan

Pass on Revis.

If he signs for anything less than 6 million a year he would essentially be playing for free, so why would he take less? Plus he is pretty much done, I don't see him being significantly better than any of our top 3 maybe even 4 CBs.

29. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

probably because of his history of being a complete douche, he has certainly earned that reputation

jtoomuch, spiketex, Vaark and 2 others like this.
  30. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

Bring him to training camp no guarantees but lots on incentive clauses and see what he's got

31. napsndreds

napsndreds A True Fan

because maybe they are afraid of the backlash they will receive here for posting anything from Omar. I say post what you want who cares what anyone here thinks. Remind me of whenever someone posts a highlight video of a player and someone says " i had to mute it because of the music", or i couldnt watch because of the music.. as if they were posting the video for everyone to hear the music. Some cant just take info for what it is, they have to dig into the content and find fault.

dolfan_101 likes this.
  32. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

I doubt he loses the $6 million. At worst he has offset language and would basically playing for free.

No brainer signing especially if he has any interest in moving to safety.

NBP81 likes this.
  33. Michael Scott

Michael Scott Well-Known Member

I'd gladly take Revis on a one year prove it deal. If nothing changes during camp, you cut his *** and go with what you have. But if he's healthy and in shape, he could easily become our best corner.

I'm actually interested in him as a converted free safety.

spiketex likes this.
  34. miamirw

miamirw Pro Bowler

My thoughts exactly. That would be a nice addition plus, he could fill in at CB in a pinch. Remember, we get TJ McDonald back at the midpoint. Seems like a good back up plan and would probably come in at a bargain.

35. Drfletcherdc

Drfletcherdc A True Fan

You always kick the tires especially tires in your own back yard.

36. PSU Cane

PSU Cane Starter

Brady hates pressure in his face. So we need pressure from inside with Suh and others, run twist games with DTs and DEs, or blitzing in the A gap. If you have to run the arc, you may not get him because he gets the ball out so quick. You also need to jam Edelman.

37. johngarry

johngarry "Mysterious" Super Donator Donator

nice avatar... appreciate your fandom!

38. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Well-Known Member

Because he posts stupid family sheit and non-sequiturs on his Twitter feed. He just kills the Twitter feed on Phins.com with ancillary crap and he stubbornly refuses to have another one to instantly solve the problem.

And the sun-sentinel actually wanting me to get a subscription for their website.

Oh, and actually, Omar is in fact a duck. Not a cool hybrid duck that had his own comic book ala Howard...Just a fat *** duck if you've ever seen him from the side.

spiketex likes this.
  39. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Well it is his twitter account.

He can sorta post whatever he wants to on it,

Pandarilla likes this.
  40. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Well-Known Member

All I'm saying is that in my opinion he reminds me of one of Screwface's obscure cousins in Marked for Death...If Screwface had won and Steven Seagal had lost.

Screwface takes over the Miami drug game and is nagged by his screwface mom to get her screwface sister's son a job.

Omar Kelly is the screwface dystopian present backlash nightmare. Looking at Omar's tenure as a beat writer, one simply has to conclude that Seagal phoned it in that day and now we are, what's that?...That's right, screwed.

NBP81 likes this.