Some news from Omar Kelly

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by spiketex, May 15, 2017.

1. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

0 chance I sign him for 6 million. If that's what he wants he can **** off.

Pandarilla likes this.
  2. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Donator

That was a pretty entertaining post... the reason for the warning is obvious, some of us don't want to support him with clicks, so it's useful to know who wrote an article before we click on the link...

Vaark, Sons Of Shula and Pandarilla like this.
  3. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Well-Known Member

That joke has legs and more and more content keeps rolling at me like a set of waves.

Truth is, I live in Hawaii and I woke up grumpy and needed to take a dump. Omar is my perfect proxy...I mean, I never feel remorse or regret from crapping on Omar. I view it as more of a compassionate act. Like leaving a trail of breadcrumbs that leads him away from mainstream consciousness.

I don't know, it could be worse I suppose... Kevin Costner?

NBP81 likes this.
  4. Dajesus

Dajesus A True Fan

I think Reyvis as a nickel cb is a great idea! McCain is our weak line, and Reyvis broke down 40 yards down field trying to keep pace with #1 WRs. Move him inside, and let him stuff #3 slots WR at the line.

5. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

No to Revis.

1. I watched him play in 2016.

2. I heard about the way he showed up to camp in 2016.

3. I know about his contract situation and I put that together with the fact that he just showed up to cash in last season?

Survive 8 game until McDonald comes off suspension.

Pandarilla likes this.
  6. TeeMoney

TeeMoney Penny Wise and Dollar Dumb Finheaven VIP

That's so funny, you read Omar on the crapper, He writes his stuff on the crapper. You complete eachother

Pandarilla likes this.
  7. Despacio

Despacio Pro Bowler

Who chooses money over Super Bowls? Thats what Revis did leaving NE for the Jets. Doesn't sound like a Gase kind of guy.

8. Hoot

Hoot Keeper of the Old Code Finheaven VIP

If Revis rumors are true, that is a bit of news. At the same time, if Revis is reaching out to Tannebaum, I must ask why. The market must be really cold on him.

9. PHINSfan

PHINSfan FinHeaven VIP

Like others have said, i wonder if he will consider moving to free safety? Although im ok with Allen starting for 8 weeks, im still not completely sold on him. And besides, we have little deapth there.

10. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 A True Fan

I doubt Revis will sign for cheap or a non starting role. He's going to want to start and get at least mid-level starting $$$.

11. Pandarilla

I call it the Kelly, and don't you put that evil on me teemoney.

Travis34 and TeeMoney like this.
  12. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Omar is the ******* who enabled Miko Grimes to rip into Tannehill and the Fins; His sophomoric writing abilities, ignorant and often incendiary unfounded opinions (as it seems he has very few pipelines into the team) reflect an unqualified reporter whose existence gets justified by "clicks."

Sure: using that "Broken Clock" theorem, every now and then he pukes out something useful. But not enough to justify enabling him. Therefore it's important to know who wrote the article before linking to it.

Pandarilla likes this.
  13. FinaticalOne

FinaticalOne DieHard FinFan 4 Life

I look at it this way, he wants revenge on the two teams in our division who have doubts about him, and Miami is the up and coming team in that division.

14. Hoot

Hoot Keeper of the Old Code Finheaven VIP

And if that is the case, and he's cheap, I'd bring him in for a visit.

15. spiketex

spiketex Kiko Alonso - El Bravo 47 the yappy chihuahua Super Donator Donator

Revis has a new agent named Hiller, whose latest update shows that Darrelle's weight loss is now up to 17 lbs from last season. I may be wrong, but that seems pretty impressive and may be the result of some pretty serious training to address a problem.
    Darrelle has been a standout NFL star from the moment he was drafted. He performed on the field and he got paid by the Jets, Bucs, Patriots and Jets again. In fact he wrote the book on how great players should negotiate to maximize their earnings. Mike Tannenbaum probably still bears the scars from some of those brutal early negotiations. But now the boot is on the other foot and Revis is looking for a team that will give him an opportunity. The fact that other teams have not been banging his door down may indicate that Revis still expects to be well paid on top of the $6M he will get from the Jets, but the NFL teams are concerned by his noticeable decline in performance last season.
    I'm curious if Revis still has something to offer and would be open to giving him a workout. not too many years ago, he was one of the best DBs that the NFL has ever seen. Even if he is now slower, he still may have the instincts and leadership to help develop players like Xavien Howard, Tony Lippert and Tankersley.

Pandarilla likes this.
  16. Mike13

Mike13 I am a golden god

Revis is old and done

17. Dolfan11

Dolfan11 Perennial All Pro

Yes, Revis is old. That said, I'd sign him in a second if this were accurate. Especially at the min, nothing to lose. A veteran presence to help mentor Lippet, Howard, Tankersly, and can provide depth and play in certain spots.

I'm still confused with Caroo and how his role plays out. I'm guessing they made the move up last year because they had no plans to resign Stills and Parkers future still being up in the air. Fast forward, Stills is locked up and if Parker stays healthy he'll be as well. Could he be a possible trade piece if he performs? Assuming Parker does, you're not moving him, Stills, or Landry.

Pandarilla likes this.
  18. Pandarilla

Remember all the ex player cameos ala Wes Welker and Peyton Manning. I think it amounts to that for Revis and Miami. Let him drop some pointers...

That said and we kick the tires; and he's pulled himself together. Why not sign him to an incentive based contract?

We could see how he fares at slot CB.

19. Pandarilla

I love our backup receiver options. If our receivers are being held and bullied, bring in Caroo and let him get physical. If our receivers can't separate, bring in Grant and let him chip away at the opponents confidence. Both guys are on cheap contracts.

kcbrown likes this.
  20. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

If we didn't have to pay revis that amount, I would be interested at least as a michael thomas type replacement as s/slot cb...but that combined with the shape he may be in... I just can't get behind it

But, I think if he weren't slowed by injuries/age/out of shape, he could transition to a fine fs, like charles woodson did

21. Dolfan11

Dolfan11 Perennial All Pro

Oh yeah, I'm with you bro. I was just talking about Caroo long term with the team.

Pandarilla likes this.
  22. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

Because Omar Kelly is an ###hole.

23. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

Have to pay him what amount? The Jets are paying him to sit at home. The only thing anybody else has to pay is the league minimum. And if he has offset language he should play for the minimum just to **** the Jets over as much as possible.

kcbrown likes this.
  24. Travis34

I don't remember the exacts of it, but I remember something sketchy about the situation... he's owed that from the Jets so if a new team were to pay him this year it would have to be at least "x" amount for him to get his jet money.

or something like that

25. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

The only thing I can find in regards to not getting the $6 mill would have been if the league disciplined him for the felony charges, but once they cut him even that was out the window and the $6 mill is firmly in his pocket.

26. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

I have hard time believing Revis would totally commit himself to a position change...but if he did...it would worth investigating.

27. Travis34

Could've been that... I thought it was something to do with like- if he were to sign with a new team for less than that amount, he gives up the jet money or something of that sort. I know, i know, great details

28. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

I'm confused, everything I find on Revis says he weighs 198lbs. So if he lost 17lbs, is he now 181lbs? If so that is extremely light for a CB.

OR....was he 215lbs last year, and then lost the 17lbs which puts him now at 198lbs?

29. spiketex

spiketex Kiko Alonso - El Bravo 47 the yappy chihuahua Super Donator Donator

He was up to 215 lbs last year. Take a look at any of the games, he was obviously overweight and was easily beaten by a number of faster players.