Something to consider about the Ajayi trade: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Something to consider about the Ajayi trade:

Bowzer

Active Roster
Reaction score
Jay Ajayi has insisted that he receive plentiful carries in every game. He is also seen complaining/pouting on the sideline when he does now receive those carries (even when the Dolphins win/are winning)

Adam Gase traditionally runs a pass heavy offense, or has in the past but hasn't since Ajayi exploded (last year)

"Something to consider about the Ajayi trade" :

What if Adam Gase has been modifying his offense to suit Jay Ajayi per request? That must be frustrating considering:

Ajayi has looked injured/bad this year. Let's be honest with ourselves.

He has a cancer attitude in the locker room towards the coaches which is what happened at the beginning of last year.

The offense is LAST in the league!!!

If you're going to cater your offense to a running back, he can't be getting tackled behind the line of scrimmage half of his carries and not bother to try and learn his assignments in pass protection.

Now that he is gone we will truly see Gase run the offense he wants without someone on the team complaining about a lack of carries. Whilst not contributing much more than another dime a dozen RB.

Thoughts?

In Gase I trust

Jay Ajayi has insisted that he receive plentiful carries in every game. He is also seen complaining/pouting on the sideline when he does now receive those carries (even when the Dolphins win/are winning)

Adam Gase traditionally runs a pass heavy offense, or has in the past but hasn't since Ajayi exploded (last year)

"Something to consider about the Ajayi trade" :

What if Adam Gase has been modifying his offense to suit Jay Ajayi per request? That must be frustrating considering:

Ajayi has looked injured/bad this year. Let's be honest with ourselves.

He has a cancer attitude in the locker room towards the coaches which is what happened at the beginning of last year.

The offense is LAST in the league!!!

If you're going to cater your offense to a running back, he can't be getting tackled behind the line of scrimmage half of his carries and not bother to try and learn his assignments in pass protection.

Now that he is gone we will truly see Gase run the offense he wants without someone on the team complaining about a lack of carries. Whilst not contributing much more than another dime a dozen RB.

Thoughts?

In Gase I trust

I loved Ajayi but Coach Gase had to take a stand. Do we want a team where the player thinks their first or is this Adam Gases team? Too much off and on the field problems. Plus, in a year he will be a FA that we didn't believe was worth resigning anyways. Might as well get something while possible. It's shocking to us because we didn't know everything that happened behind the scenes. The ultimatum was given. In Gase I trust as well. I'm a Dolphins fan more than a Jay Ajayi fan.

Basically this boils down to whether you trust Gase or not. I don't...yet. He hasn't shown me enough...yet. Hope he proves me wrong. I will say this. If a coach has a player(s) that are deemed to be detrimental to the team, they must be removed, no matter how talented. Did he see that with Ajayi? Probably

I think Ajayi not being a serious pass threat out of the backfield has weighed in to this decision, that and lack of solid pass protecting. I think we are going to see more passes to the RB and up the middle short. It was working against the Ravens, about the only thing that was and we went back to running and got shut down.

There are several thing we could consider for this surprising trade to happen. We just don't have all the stories from all the people involved.

I think it must have been a toxic clashing of personalities somewhere in the locker room for this trade to happen. From a pure football standpoint, this trade was asinine.
Agreed on the football side of things. When he had decent blocking Ajayi did a good job. His me first attitude had to go. Gase probably was trying to work with him and help him, but when he realized that it was a lost cause and Ajayi wasn't going to change then trading him was a good option. I support it. As Joe Schad just tweeted. Miami Dolphins: If you’re not onboard, you’re overboard

The fact that he was whining AFTER a win because of his lack of carries tells me he may have bought in to his own hype from last year. Figured he was above the team. Selfish, immature. That's fine to a certain extent but not if you're going around the locker room bitching about it without the balls to tell the head coach. Combine that with freelancing and well....

Has he looked really right since injuring his shoulder at the end of last season? There have been flashes but for the most part he hasn't been the same RB.

We have to find ways to get Damien Williams the ball in space. Same for Drake. Williams is probably the best or 2nd best play maker on the team and this year we've done a terrible job of getting him the ball. Hopefully this signals a move to going pass-1st and more wide open / up tempo with the offense.

Back
Top Bottom